The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

I wonder if I give Kimi $50 now, he could join Ferrari for Silverstone? Thats the 3rd car Massa has destroyed this year.

Hahaha ... Michael, timely yellow flag, don't you think :p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

WATCH OUT GUYS< MCLARENs first win, and williams for second. Alonso to crash into Schumi

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

:rolleyes:

Not commenting on this one. It seems kind of strange, but what if he really did have a problem?

Great, be prepared for Alonso to drive around with his cruise control on and win and therefore more or less winning the title. It will be extremely hard for Ferrari to get any points - but its a long race.

Hopefully Kimi can overtake Webber at the start and pressure Alonso into a mistake. And Sato plays some of his backmarker tactics :)

gibbo67

HSC

good to see webber up front for once, hopefully he can emulate some sort of glory reminiscent of last year's podium

gotta love the superman capes on the red bull pit crews though

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC

webbers best chance of a podium ... cmon !!
and schumi should be ashamed of himself, that was pathetic and sad, i thought he was better than that ...
shame cape, shame ...

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC

Disappointed.

Both the drivers I was going for who were going to be on the podium didn't finish ;(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Well the cossie isn't the grids most reliable engine. I doubt Webber could have won, although everytime Webber goes faster than Nando, Diffey gets his knickers in a knot.

But I was surprised to see Kimi's engine blow up :(
I thought that they had got over their engine reliability problems this year.

Interesting what Alonso said in the press conference: I was controlling the tyres a bit for the right moment to push because it’s impossible to overtake.
Impossible to overtake, eh? Hmm, I think that there was more overtaking in that race than Imola, Nurburgring and Spain combined!

Fantastic drives from DC and Michael.
And Horner kept his word about jumping into the harbour if any of the red bull drivers finished in the top 3.

Highlight of the race: Kimi sitting in his boat with his shirt off :shy:

gibbo67

HSC

it seemed that a third of the cars died within that 20 minute window after the engine failure of webber

very bitterly disappointed that williams can't get a car to do the distance :( - they're looking in better shape than last year while the cars are running

good to see dc on the podium for the first time in ages

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I think the engines blowing up had something to do with the fact that they had to suddenly slow down due to the safety car. Who knows, but weren't most of the engines on their first race distance anyway, which is surprising.
Surprised that there was only one safety car though, considering Sato is still driving, but then, he did dnf :p

I'm surprised that Fisi didn't get a drive through for holding Webber up when Webber was lapping him. From memory Webber was behind him for about 4 - 5 laps before Fisi let him through.
Fisi is the new lapdog of F1 =/

gibbo67

HSC

Cape said:
I think the engines blowing up had something to do with the fact that they had to suddenly slow down due to the safety car. Who knows, but weren't most of the engines on their first race distance anyway, which is surprising.
Surprised that there was only one safety car though, considering Sato is still driving, but then, he did dnf :p

I'm surprised that Fisi didn't get a drive through for holding Webber up when Webber was lapping him. From memory Webber was behind him for about 4 - 5 laps before Fisi let him through.
Fisi is the new lapdog of F1 =/

i guess, but i didn't really think of a track such as monaco for problems with engines - more likely to occur on a circuit such as the old hochenheim with the full throttle. surprised that there weren't more more accidents into the wall.

loved james' comment about how he believed the streets of monaco were used for most of the year

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Monaco is hard on the engines because they can easily overheat, heat rebounds off the walls and because the cars are so close in formation. Thats why alot of the teams had engine cooling devices on their cars.

Its similar to Albert Park, thats not a high percentage full throttle track, but there is a lot of engine reliability problems there.

James can be a total tool sometimes. Who was the idiot who said that Queanbeyan was in Queensland? Stupid ITV.

Btw, did anyone see the Tamara interview with jense on rpm yesterday?
How could someone like this:
http://www.rodhowe.com/adm/photo/388_te6.jpg

be related to this:
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20030327/bernie_ecclestone_41859.jpg

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

what a gay race, i agree with redalert those 2 drivers both died.

very disappointing. bloody barry that putz. he must have known he was going to be slow so he took an extra tank.

ohdato

HSC

I fell asleep again and thank god because
I'm sick of seeing Webber wasted.
Williams have to get their act together or Reno
will be his seat regardless of the
love and commitment he has for the team.

Most of the issues with the team have been
Trans/Hydraulic problems no so much the Cossie?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

i cant see why williams wont take up their option unless they have someone better lined up

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I don't think Webber will leave Williams. Hes not one of those drivers who switch between teams depending on who is winning (unlike a certain Fernando Alonso). And hes always wanted to drive for williams anyway.

I don't think he'll move to Renault. Flavio is his manager, and hes never spoken highly of him until yesterday.
"Webber was more surprising than anybody, he did an incredible job," said the Italian, who manages Webber and is looking for a replacement for Renault's world champion Fernando Alonso next year.

"Today, the shares in Mark go up. It's like the stock market. It was down and now it is up again," he told Reuters.

Plus, Monaco always is a surprise race, things will go back to normal for Silverstone.

As I say that Alonso says Mclaren will be tough to beat at Silverstone based on last years performance :rolleyes:
Wonder if he is secretly worried about his contract to go to Mclaren next year?

bizadfar

HSC

gibbo67 said:
i guess, but i didn't really think of a track such as monaco for problems with engines - more likely to occur on a circuit such as the old hochenheim with the full throttle. surprised that there weren't more more accidents into the wall.

loved james' comment about how he believed the streets of monaco were used for most of the year

ahh but, the more speed you got, the more air going into the cooling device.

Monaco, esp under SC, you can heat the engine up a bit. Kimi's engine failure was loose wiring loom and that caught fire. I switched the TV off after Kimi's retirement.

Williams need major restructing unless they want to go into Jordon's direction.

I was impressed with this race. Not just 1 person or 2 leading the way. We saw a mixture, mostly 3-4 top cars. Just the retirements stuffed it up. Watching the cars get through traffic was very exciting, and where they ended up was exciting. You guys see all the tyre particles building up on the track, awesome stuff. I just wanted someone to slip onto it (like Jenson in canada)

Very Impressive drive by Schumi. I was watching live timings when quali was on. "Michael has stopped(i think they said spun in live timings) his car on rascasse corner" I had the gut feeling it was intentional. Back of grid is way too harsh. Imagine that, top 5 cars battling it out.

James the tosshead Allen. His a faggot, get him off the commentary and back to the pits.

Last edited:

gibbo67

HSC

I think webber might move within the next couple of years if williams can't get their kit together. There's always the possibility he could go to a team like honda if they think rubens is washed up or they end up doing the jenson button switch that didn't happen last year after all.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

bizadfar said:
Very Impressive drive by Schumi. I was watching live timings when quali was on. "Michael has stopped(i think they said spun in live timings) his car on rascasse corner" I had the gut feeling it was intentional. Back of grid is way too harsh.
I had that gut feeling too when I was watching the live timing. A little surprising for me, but now I'm not sure if he did it intentionally or it was a genuine mistake.
But back of the grid was way to harsh, he stopped about 4 drivers? so just send him to 11th place. But thats what happens when you have a Spanish steward :uhoh:

bizadfar said:
James the tosshead Allen. His a faggot, get him off the commentary and back to the pits.
The whole ITV team are faggots. I still remember Imola when Button was on a three stopper, and everyone infront of him was on a two stopper, and they still thought that he could win, without overtaking them.

bizadfar said:
I was impressed with this race. Not just 1 person or 2 leading the way. We saw a mixture, mostly 3-4 top cars. Just the retirements stuffed it up. Watching the cars get through traffic was very exciting, and where they ended up was exciting. You guys see all the tyre particles building up on the track, awesome stuff. I just wanted someone to slip onto it (like Jenson in canada)
I saw all the particles too, I was hoping nando would slip on them, atleast then the championship would look more interesting :eek:
Michael during the first few laps was awesome! Even though they were only Super Augri's and Midlands, he showed the whole field that hes still got it in him. I was sitting there, chewing my nails, hoping that he wouldn't knock off his front wing, cause he did have to go around sato :p

gibbo67 said:
I think webber might move within the next couple of years if williams can't get their kit together. There's always the possibility he could go to a team like honda if they think rubens is washed up or they end up doing the jenson button switch that didn't happen last year after all.
Hopefully Monaco was a turn around race for Barrichello. I would love to see him kick button's ass over a whole season to shut James and Martin up.

Button is locked in with Honda for like 5 years or some stupid long time like that, after last years tug-of-war. Honda and Toyota are the two most over-rated teams on the grid.

Webber might be better off moving to red bull, especially since, from Silverstone onwards, their cars will have a Newy design.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

shutup, itv crew are better than any aussie / american commentator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)