The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

I agree, bring muzza back!

We have two clowns commentating, one is bitter that schumi kicked his ass, the other one is bitter that jense is a second rate driver.

Weather forecast for Silverstone:
Friday - Scattered Showers; 12 - 22 degrees.
Saturday - Showers; 13 - 20 degrees.
Sunday - Showers; 10 - 18 degrees
:D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Oh, bloody hell. I hope not. We don't need toyota supplying 6 cars with engines.

Toyota have been way down in the speed traps all year, even the cossie is faster. Hopefully Frank doesn't go for the Toyota manufacture engine. Toyota want the $$$, and the cossie is one of the fastest engines out there, a couple of retirements shouldn't change things, stick with it, cossie has a long history of V8s.

Toyota would get very shitty if Williams wins and scores more points than the Toyota F1 team :p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

toyota should be expecting this kinda stuff... they never deliver... they need good drivers to begin with.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Orange Juice said:
toyota should be expecting this kinda stuff... they never deliver... they need good drivers to begin with.
They have a Schumacher and a Poodle. Who else do they need?

Oh, I know, replace Poodle with James Courtney :uhhuh: :D

gibbo67

HSC

Cape said:
Oh, bloody hell. I hope not. We don't need toyota supplying 6 cars with engines.

Toyota have been way down in the speed traps all year, even the cossie is faster. Hopefully Frank doesn't go for the Toyota manufacture engine. Toyota want the $$$, and the cossie is one of the fastest engines out there, a couple of retirements shouldn't change things, stick with it, cossie has a long history of V8s.

Toyota would get very shitty if Williams wins and scores more points than the Toyota F1 team :p
given the amount that toyota are spending on their team developement, i dare say that they're looking for the extra cash to subsidise their work

if toyota don't pull though and can't get a few points this year, I can't imagine sir frank wanting to change over for next year. they're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place deciding between poor reliability and poor performance

ohdato

HSC

Both Williams and Toyota have denied that there is a deal on the cards for 2007 in regards to motors.

I doubt Factory Toyota would want to be beaten by its customers lol.

Cossie are doing well with the small budget they have.
And I would think all the swaping and changing would
make Mark think more about Renault (which isnt a bad thing :D)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

The problem with toyota is that they are spending so much money and achieving very little results. They also don't have the people / brains that other teams have. Like Ferrari have ms / brawn / todt etc. Mclaren have dennis. Renault have symmonds. Red Bull have Newy.

Toyotas only real guru got the sack after Australia.

Most of webbers and nicos retirements haven't been as a direct result from the cossie, its been the external things.

Speaking of webber, this article is interesting:
We've let Webber down in F1: Williams

AdvertisementThe Williams Formula One team has admitted it has let down Australian lead driver Mark Webber this season.

Webber has been beset by mechanical problems several times this year while headed towards a batch of world championship points.

The latest failure hit him at the recent Monaco Grand Prix when his smoking car ground to a halt while he was in a top three fight with Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.

A frustrated Webber flung away his $70,000 steering wheel and stormed off the track.

Williams technical boss and fellow Australian Sam Michael agreed Webber had been denied probable podium finishes three times this season by the car's technical weaknesses.

""I feel for Mark at the moment," Michael told SpeedTV. "Obviously in Melbourne, Malaysia and now Monaco he was on line to get a second or third place in all those grands prix.

"If he'd done that he'd be third or fourth in the drivers' championship at the moment, but we've let him down with reliability and it's our job to fix that."

In fact, Michael went as far as to suggest Webber could have won his first GP in Monte Carlo had his car held together.

"In terms of performance the car was very strong in Monaco and it was certainly capable of winning," Michael said.

"We knew how much fuel we had on board compared to Fernando and Kimi because they stopped before us. We put enough fuel in to cover them all.

"But we had an exhaust failure on both cars, something we've never seen in 30,000kms of testing.

"And they were brand new parts for the race, but we had identical failures within two or three laps of each other."

Despite the problems, Williams plans to use the same engines at this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The team is entitled to a new engine without penalty because of the Monaco circumstances but Webber implied financial restrictions were beginning to bite the independent Cosworth company which powers Williams.

Non-engine issues such as hydraulics have stopped Webber in previous races and the Cosworth V8 surprised most observers with its competitiveness, but the company was never going to keep up with the continual upgrades factory teams can afford.

"At the start of the year we did have the best engine in the field, no doubt about it," Webber said.

"But it's not possible for Cosworth to sustain that strength of development and budget against a Honda or Renault or Mercedes."

Meanwhile, Webber said the car's hot pace at the tight Monaco circuit is unlikely to be sustained around the sweeping open Silverstone layout.

Testing at the similarly-configured Barcelona circuit means "we have a lot of improving to do", according to the Australian.

gibbo67

HSC

i still believe webber will move from williams if they can't develop a car to reliably finish the 190 miles on race day at a reasonable speed (ie rules out the last couple of years). though its a big change from last year where technical problems retirements were few and far between

jb's in a bit of a spot towards the back of the grid though for the race

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Did you happen to watch rpm today?

Crompo interviewed webber at silverstone, and today was the first time webber did not specifically say, "I want to stay at williams".

Heads have to roll at three teams. Williams, Honda and Toyota.
Williams aero department is absolute shit, as shown here at silverstone. Ever since they introduced those "tusks" and went back to the normal nose design they have gone down hill.
And who is the idiot who sends webber and nico out in qualifying with enough time to do one flying lap on HARD tyres? They need more than an outlap to warm up.

As for Honda - Fry needs to leave. Especially seeing him on RPM today.

gibbo67

HSC

Cape said:
Did you happen to watch rpm today?

Crompo interviewed webber at silverstone, and today was the first time webber did not specifically say, "I want to stay at williams".

Heads have to roll at three teams. Williams, Honda and Toyota.
Williams aero department is absolute shit, as shown here at silverstone. Ever since they introduced those "tusks" and went back to the normal nose design they have gone down hill.
And who is the idiot who sends webber and nico out in qualifying with enough time to do one flying lap on HARD tyres? They need more than an outlap to warm up.

As for Honda - Fry needs to leave. Especially seeing him on RPM today.
nah, i missed it. given that neil and leigh were both at silverstone, i imagine it would have been a good one to watch in terms of f1.

webber must be wondering who is casting the voodoo curse over him after bowing out after the first lap for another bloody retirement.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

erm ... I thought that we were getting ITV commentary for the rest of the season?
I seriously don't know who is worse? ITV loving button because he moved up 3 places and then his engine explodes. Or Channel 10 (ok neil isn't as bad a diffey, but diffey shits me when he says "and our own mark webber").

I even had to put the tv on mute because I was sick to death of Diffey trying to crack unfunny jokes. And neil surprising didn't even notice that on Michael's outlap he did the fastest second and third sectors, in order to be infront of kimi.

But a boring race, watching the soccer and playing GT4 was much more exciting.

And Diffey shouldn't also be comparing Alonso to legends of F1. The guy hasn't challenged for his wins and hes an arrogant prick. He will get an ass kicking when they go to Canada.

ohdato

HSC

There is talk of Williams doing a deal with
Toyota for free motors if they hand over Webber.
Hopefully its crap. Would hate to be 2nd driver to Schumi Jnr.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC

ohdato said:
There is talk of Williams doing a deal with
Toyota for free motors if they hand over Webber.
Hopefully its crap. Would hate to be 2nd driver to Schumi Jnr.
Don't post rumours in this thread. Which is just what you posted BULLSHIT made up by some idiot whole doesn't know anything.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

But most of the F1 season and off-season is full of rumours. Its no different than saying Kimi is off to renault next year, or Kimi is off to ferrari next year. Or Montoya is off to mcDonalds to flip burgers.

Like I said before Frank needs to fix the cars aero before he even thinks about engines.

Did anyone think Alonso's restart after the safety car should be questioned? I don't think that they should be allowed to slow down, then speed up, then slow down, the speed up, then slow down and finally speed up. Alonso almost had Kimi up his backside. Reminds me of Monaco 2004.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)