The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

therealist

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

I hope F1 is a bit more exiting this year. i might actually watch it when one is up and running.
on a side note who else would like to see an F1 car with no restrictions (e.g. built using all the innovations which have since been banned like ground effects and turbo)
i think it would be awsome to see and interesting to see how much faster the cars could be.
and how much more expensive too. this year should be alot better with slick tyres, TC banning and KERS there's no way the race will look like parades from start till finish ever again.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

Brawn Gp will win in Melbourne, prob Button will win:)

Lukybear

HSC

Hopefully it will be more even this year. Think Ferrari will dominate again this year??

walkahz

HSC

and how much more expensive too. this year should be alot better with slick tyres, TC banning and KERS there's no way the race will look like parades from start till finish ever again.
I never meant for the season i know it is unfeasable. But just even a demo would be awesome but will never happen.

F2001

HSC

I never meant for the season i know it is unfeasable. But just even a demo would be awesome but will never happen.
williams did a study on it and made a "paper" car. There was an article on it ages ago.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

Jenson Button and Brawn Gp clear favourite to win in Melbourne

Jenson Button 4.50
Kimi Raikkonen 5.50
Fernando Alonso 6.50
Felipe Massa 7.50
Rubens Barrichello 8.00
Lewis Hamilton 11.00
Robert Kubica 11.00
Nick Heidfeld 21.00
Sebastian Vettel 26.00
Nico Rosberg 29.00
Jarno Trulli 34.00
Timo Glock 34.00
Heikki Kovalainen 51.00
Mark Webber 51.00
Kazuki Nakajima 67.00
Nelsinho Piquet 101.00
Sebastien Bourdais 251.00
Sebastien Buemi 301.00
Adrian Sutil 501.00
Giancarlo Fisichella 501.00

Odds for Winner (Car):
Brawn GP 2.87
Ferrari 3.25
Renault 6.50
BMW Sauber 8.00
McLaren 10.00
Red Bull 19.00
Toyota 19.00
Williams 19.00
Toro Rosso 151.00
Force India 301.00

Last edited:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

Go Webber! :(

It's still on normal channel 10 right? I know the aus grand prix is, but the rest of them are

right?

RIGHT!?!?!??!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Nah its on the new "One" channel. not sure if it'll be on normal as well. Check your local guides! lol

Edit: Actual race is on Ten but lead up and qualifying is live on 'One'

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

HSC

wooo flying down tomorrow
it's worth chucking a lobster on both ferrari drivers at those odds imo

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

Nah its on the new "One" channel. not sure if it'll be on normal as well. Check your local guides! lol

Edit: Actual race is on Ten but lead up and qualifying is live on 'One'
mang the qualifying is on saturday on normal ten as well.

like i said i'm unconcerned about this weekend (ch10 isn't dumb enough to pull melb from their main broadcast), but subsequent races concern me. :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Good news: Brawn GP, Williams and Toyota have all been declared legal by the stewards and will be allowed to take to the circuit. Ferrari, Red Bull and Renault are likely to lodge an appeal against the decision with the International Court of Appeals, but a hearing is unlikely to be scheduled until after next week's Malaysian Grand Prix if that is the case.

I can't help but think the entire protest against the diffusers is nothing more than a thinly-veiled attack on Brawn despite Williams and Toyota being named in the protest. Brawn were consistenty the quickest through testing; while the others showed occasional moments of brilliance, it was the Brackley outfit that kept topping the timing sheets. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual reasoning behind the protest was the teams complaining because Brawn were actually clever and gained a huge advantage for it.

Maybe I'm just being a cynic, but I can't bring myself to believe that any team protesting another is doing it solely for the benefit of the sport. Not after McLaren's appeal in Brazil in 2007. They claimed the cars of Rosberg, Kubica and Heidfeld were running illegal fuel-cooling systems, but they never filed a protest against Nakajima, who was found to have the same thing as his team-mate. Tellingly, Nakajima was the only one of the three drivers who finished behind Hamilton, and if those three had been stripped of their points, Hamilton would have won. As such, I'm thinking that not a few of the teams are trying to close the gap between themselves and Brawn by having Brawn's parts banned.

And speaking of Brawn, apparently Sir Richard Branson is en route to Melbourne to confirm that the Virgin Group will be a major sponsor of Brawn GP. Also, they are now running the numbers 22 and 23. They were originally in-line for numbers 18 and 19 in keeping with Honda's finishing position in the championship last year, but the FIA decided they were a new entry and gave them the numbers 20 and 21; Force India got buped up to 18 and 19. But the Indians had already gone ahead and ordered their merchandise with the numbers 20 and 21, and so asked the FIA if they could be granted an injunction to run with those numbers. The FIA said yes, so now Brawn get the numbers 22 and 23 in keepingwith the policy of new teams taking the final numbers; no-one will carry 18 and 19 in 2009.

And according to Berine, there will be 26 cars in 2010 ...

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

You reckon Channel Ten 'free to air' will show all the other races, rather than just One HD?:mad1:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

One and One HD are free anyway, do you mean Ten analogue? I'm curious of this too as I don't have a set top box in my room. May need to buy an el-cheapo one.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

It's on both standard 10 and One HD from 12-6pm tomorrow and 12-7pm Sunday on standard 10, and 12-7.30pm on Ten HD. So it's basically the same level of coverage. Don't like watching the supercars but I like F1.

OffTheChane

HSC

lol i didnt even know that the f1 was on this weekend talk about poor advertising...probly cus of the afl

gurusson

HSC

Virgan to sponser Braun gp..is this good or bad

F2001

HSC

its good, don't you think you ask silly questions?
Go to F1.com for exact session times.

gurusson

HSC

wat i disgree wth i the deciding not to buy the team after openly sang he would, thet sponsoring them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)