The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
re: The Official F1 Thread

wat i disgree wth i the deciding not to buy the team after openly sang he would, thet sponsoring them
No, he only put forth a proposal to buy the team, as did several other interested parties. The right to sell the team was held by Honda, and they ultimately decided on a management buy-out by Ross Brawn rather than sell to Branson.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

BRAWN GP ON POLE!:eek: Button and Barrichello Front ROW!!!:)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

First time in nearly forty years, too. Last time this happened, it was Jackie Stewart and Chris Amon in the Marches in the 1970 South African Grand Prix.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Hamilton is now starting from stone cold motherless last after McLaren changed his gearbox and taking the five-spot penalty. One has to onder what they're playing at though: why wait this late to change? I can't see much benefit in starting last with a fresh gearbox when the could have changed it sooner, still taken the penalty, but gien Hamilton another shot at setting a respectable time around the circuit, which would mean he would start somewhere other than twentieth and last.

In short, tomorrow Lewis Hamilton will be educating us all in how not to launch the defence of a World Championship.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Toyota qualifying times disavowed for illegally flexing wings. They will now start 19th and 20th; Hamilton bumped up to 18th.

Williams will lodge protest against Ferrari and Red Bull for aerodynamical issues.

F1 fans protest overy political nature of sport.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

Williams withdrew their protest

lol lame

damn the Red Bull's were fast yesterday considering they don't have this fancy rear diffuser. I reckon that if the illegal/legal diffusers were banned then RBR would be one of, if not the fastest team...at least from what I saw yesterday. Dunno what happened to Webber in Q3 yesterday as he was consistently solid the rest of the way through!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Don't be so sure: the FI released fuel weight data on all the cars after qualifying, and the Brawns are carrying nearly twenty kilograms more than everyone else who made it to Q3. Some of the teams may have been sandbagging in the lead-up to qualifying, but Brawn clearly were not.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

Yeah I know. So take away the diffuser which is giving them the edge and they'd be a much fatter and much heavier car.

The RBR's weren't running terribly light were they?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

The six cars behind the Brawns are running around 650 kilograms; the Brawns are running in the high 660s. This is the full breakdown; as the cars have a minimum 605kg weight, the number in brackets is the actual weight of fuel on-board:

Button: 664.5 (59.5)
Barrichello: 666.5 (61.5)
Vettel: 657 (52)
Kubica: 650 (45)
Rosberg: 657 (52)
Massa: 654 (49)
Raikkonen: 655.5 (50.5)
Webber: 662 (57)
Heidfeld: 691.5 (86.5)
Alonso: 680.7 (75.5)
Nakajima: 685.3 (80.3)
Kovalainen: 690.6 (85.6)
Buemi: 675.5 (70.5)
Piquet: 694.1 (89.1)
Fisichella: 689 (84)
Sutil: 684.5 (79.5)
Bourdais 662.5 (57.5)
Hamilton: 655 (50)
Trulli: 660 (55)
Glock: 670 (65)

As you can see, Piquet, Heidfeld and Kovalainen are ridiculosuly heavy, while Kubica had to go in completely the opposite direction to set such a quick time.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

The six cars behind the Brawns are running around 650 kilograms; the Brawns are running in the high 660s. This is the full breakdown; as the cars have a minimum 605kg weight, the number in brackets is the actual weight of fuel on-board:

Button: 664.5 (59.5)
Barrichello: 666.5 (61.5)
Vettel: 657 (52)
Kubica: 650 (45)
Rosberg: 657 (52)
Massa: 654 (49)
Raikkonen: 655.5 (50.5)
Webber: 662 (57)
Heidfeld: 691.5 (86.5)
Alonso: 680.7 (75.5)
Nakajima: 685.3 (80.3)
Kovalainen: 690.6 (85.6)
Buemi: 675.5 (70.5)
Piquet: 694.1 (89.1)
Fisichella: 689 (84)
Sutil: 684.5 (79.5)
Bourdais 662.5 (57.5)
Hamilton: 655 (50)
Trulli: 660 (55)
Glock: 670 (65)

As you can see, Piquet, Heidfeld and Kovalainen are ridiculosuly heavy, while Kubica had to go in completely the opposite direction to set such a quick time.
Yessssss?

Look comrade, I don't understand what you're saying. They're quick, despite fuel, because of their diffusers (probably). They'd still be quick without it, for sure, but they'd be more in line with the RBR's. That's what I've been saying. Vettel's performance today pretty much reinforces that.

therealist

HSC

my gosh! what a ridiculously brilliant race! I really hoped Jenson would win, he's been so commited to Honda's mundane car for 2 years and finally gets a second career victory after around 150 starts!

and i get the feeling that Kimi would rather plough into a wall then finish without any points, oh well, there goes another Australian GP. Luckily i didn't go all the way to melbourne this year then.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It'll never happen. Ferrari have said that they don't want Alonso as they're happy with both their drivers. If they have their eye on anybody, it's Sebastian Vettel. Alonso might have been a double World Champion, but he was barely mentioned in the race. Hell, Piquet got more screen time than he did. If he were good enough for a Ferrari drive, he'd be able to do something with the R29 other than cruise around just outside the points.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

good point about vettel

but i think you're too quick to judge alonso. one race down, and he did wonders in the last half of last year.

el gwapo

HSC

Piquet got more attention than Alonso because he put his car in the kitty litter.

Hamilton gets 3rd place. All I can say is LOL.

walkahz

HSC

I only caught the last 10 laps because i just got home from my own racing but WOW.
F1 this year might actually be worth the late nights to watch it. Brawn 1 and 2 and vettel's mad brain snap.
What did happen to webber i didnt see it but it sounded like bad luck.

Lukybear

HSC

Man, what happened to Lewis Hamilton this year. Was last year a fluke?

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

webber said that he lost all downforce on his car after rubens forgot to notice the massive blue formula one car to his right hand side.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

but i think you're too quick to judge alonso. one race down, and he did wonders in the last half of last year.
True, but they were allowed to conduct in-season testing last year. The R28 was the second-worst car at the beginning of 2008, better than only Honda's RA108. That's one of the main problems with the Brawn, Williams and Toyota diffusers: if they are permitted, the other teams will have to develop their own versions. And it's not just a case of making one similar in shape and sticking it in, the arrangement of gearbox, rear suspension and even the rear wing and engine cowling may need to be re-designed to accomodate it. Adrian Newey makes fantastic racing cars, but it will be very difficult for him to work a Brawn-esque diffuser into the RB5.
Man, what happened to Lewis Hamilton this year. Was last year a fluke?
No, this year it's a case of making a bad car. Sometimes it happens; Ferrari did it in 2005, Honda did it in 2007 and 2008; heck, Renault had a bad car in 2007 and 2008 as well. There's usually one team that forgets to develop a new car an does the equivalnt of taking out everything good about the previous year's model and sticking thirty million dollars' worth of ballast into them. The McLaren has been off the pace ever since the Jerez and Barcelona tests last month, and they've really been struggling to find pace. Luck played a very big part in Hamilton's result today; he even went so far as to rate the new car just a four out of ten prior to the race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)