• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
GlobalOperation said:
im a big webber fan and cant wait till melbourn which is in 29 days 22 hours 02 minutes and 50......49....48...seconds (just in case u were wondering) when ill be on the trackside chearing him on.
And some people thought that I was bad :uhhuh:

I'm boycotting the f1.com website - its owned by bernie :mad: it won't let me have pics of michael schumacher any more :mad:

and matt#1 me think schueys name should go before raikkonens, purely cause ... wait ... i'm not going to start ;)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Whats right with bernie? Nothing. Bernie is a dictator and hes bringing the respectability and the credit of f1 down. Hes too old and show retire.

As for the rule changes, they suck. If teams stopped whinging and complaining off track - they might be able to beat ferrari on track. Its not reducing cost cutting. Webbers car alone cost $50 million. Plus the stupid engine rule is going to be used and abused by teams - (and no, i'm not mentioning what teams have been said). But if theres 6 laps in the race and your 9th or lower - whats the point in continuing racing. Your more than likely not going to score points and the engine can be saved for the next grand prix. The best team out there with reliable engines is ferrari - now how is this going to stop ferrari - this is going to help them.
As for the tyres - boy am i gonna love to watch drivers towards the end of the grand prix, slide around and loose control. Once again this rule is going to help schumacher - he can conserve his tyres better than any other driver.

And i'll admit, for the desgins I have seen for the F2004M, its disgusting, it puts the ferrari design and name to shame.

Sorry about the blab :p

HSC
i agree totally, the new rules are so crap. the amount of money that will be spent reparing the cars after crashes will cost more. i think that they should just let them go, the only restriction should be for saftey!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
No the new rules are good because they'll level the playing field. Who other than Cape wants to watch the bloody red team win again and again and again and again?

Because if they do, I'll stop watching altogether in protest.
They won't create a level playing field. In fact its going to pull ferrari further infront of all the other teams than what they were last year. This season is all about realiability ... which ferrari has a mile lead over everyone already.

HSC
they also have the most money to test and develop the new cars so they will be a step ahead of everyone else anyway. i have to admit that it gets boring when you can predict the winner of almost every race. but setting everyone else back is not the way to fix it.

HSC
i hope so... but it always going to be who has the most money... and the changes arnt going to save funds just re-direct them

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If you analyse how much each team spends on certain amount of testing, you will find that in some areas, ferrari is the forth or fifth highest spending team. Its been posted in the f1 racing magazines numerous numbers of times. I fear the once the so called "dream team" leave ferrari, thats when the downfall will begin. However, saying that, I have heard that schumacher might consider extending his contract :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. Leave when his kids are grown up ... that sounds fine with me :D considering they are only like 6 and 4 years old :uhhuh: And Schumacher has said numerous times, he has nothing left to achieve in f1, hes only racing for fun. And when he is finally beaten (which will never happen) he will retire. His contract states that he is free to leave ferrari at any time he wishes, it also says that he can renew the contract if he wants.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nothing left to achieve? isnt that getting a bit cocky? what about kimi winning this season? HAHHAHAHAHA

anyways... engine rule is gonna kick mclaren in the butt... and yes the rule changes suck... i thought their meant to make racing safer? reducing the amount of tires?

HSC
i respect shuey as the best f1 driver(other than senna and webber lol). he will go when he begins to lose. he is not going to die slowly like dc! he will go out on top.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
He has every record in the book, except for sennas record of pole positions - which schuey is only 2 behind ... its going to be broken this year ... although, qualifying still has not been decided.

HSC
how do you think the ferarri will go in the first 5 races?. apperently they are using a mod version of last yrs cars till race 6. with the tyre rules and that will the car be as good?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ferrari are using the f2004M. They had hoped to introduce the new f2005 at san marino, but because of the engine rules they can't use it until spain. But the f2004 alone was a powerful and a very reliable car which was according to ferrari was not used to its full potential. The new f2004M is very different to the f2004 aerodynamically ... its got icky fins on the side :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I wonder why oj :p they won't open until atleast a week out from the gp ... the whole field isn't even complete yet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)