The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

F2001 said:
lol, and how many dnfs/mistakes did the team/driver make.

Happens all the time, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, just to name championships influenced by who popped rather than what team/driver was faster.
Everybody makes mistakes, it's easy to make bloody mistakes especially in F1. I noticed you skipped a few years but i'm sure they still made mistakes.

Talk about mistakes, the controversial move by Lewis Hamilton on Kimi in Spa in 2008. Was that a mistake??? That was the most exciting moment in motor racing for me when lewis over took kimi then let him pass again which he then took the lead and kimi just spun out because he's desperate and impatient bastard. You say Massa might have an engine failure in France or somewhere where he was winning then lost it just before the checked flag. But everyone makes mistakes. If nobody made any mistake at all i think it would be boring to watch and the guy in the front will always win.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Suicide Warrior said:
If nobody made any mistake at all i think it would be boring to watch and the guy in the front will always win.
... The guy in front always wins ...

HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
... The guy in front always wins ...
Massa out qualified Lewis and he didn't win. I just want to see more overtaking in F1. With some circuits there aren't any overtaking at all like the one in Budapest. Should just get rid of them and make new circuits. Has anybody heard that an F1 car can drive upside down because it has so much downforce when it reaches at top speed? There you go, invent a track with a main straight that's in a tunnel and the driver must also drive the car upside down. That will put F1 back on the map.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

You're forgetting one small problem: the car has to get to top speed first.

Why do you think we're seeing some of the most dramatic revisions in aerodynamics starting this year? To me, the 2008 cars looked like a Christmas turkey with too many drumsticks: not because it was packaged that way, but because the turkeys were genetically modified. The aero aids that were bolted on to every part of the car are gone because they disrupted the airflow behind them, making it difficult for drivers to overtake. A study by three of the major teams during the conceptual phase of these new regulations found that in order to stand a chance of passing another car, a driver had to be two seconds a lap quicker. The new regulations have been made to half that to one second per lap (the reason why they didn't go any further was because cars are naturally slower when fighting for position ... so if second and third are duking it out, first place can rocket away and not be seen again; this way, you can pass, and keep going to stand a better chance of moving up the field).

And again, why do you think Bernie is introducing this new medals scheme? It's to make drivers push for the championship, to have a go at gaps in the traffic that they wouldn't normally consider if they were getting five points for finishing in their current position and the guy in front gets six. It wouldn't have worked in the days of Schumacher's dominance, because he'd have won it by the seventh round. But now there are four drivers - Raikkonen, Massa, Alonso and Hamilton - who are all highly competitive, and another three or four - Vettel, Kubica, Kovalainen and possibly Heidfeld - who could also do it.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Here it is, the Ferrari F60!

Not bad; I'm glad it has much smoother lines than its predecessors. This is the kind of car where you know the results are a product of the driver's skill rather than the aero aids ...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Toyota's TF109 has been released, and McLaren will be debuting the MP/4-22 some time today (most likely noon their time, so keep an eye out about 10pm).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I see nothings changed at Toyota since 2002 ... their car is still a red and white brick =/

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
I see nothings changed at Toyota since 2002 ... their car is still a red and white brick =/
You clearly failed to notice the following then:

1) The nosecone is higher off the ground than the Ferrari F60.
2) The actual nose section - from nosecone to cockpit - follows an arch where the Ferrari does not.
3) This arch then flows down into an inverse shape around the exhaust manifold.
4) The front wing is distintly different from the Ferrari.

McLaren's effort gets released later today; I'm guessing we'll be able to see it shortly after 10pm (the release is at 10, but we'll have to allow time for websites like Formula1.com and Formula One @ GP Update to post articles).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

The MP4-24 has broken cover. Ron's boys seem to be going with something a little more conventional that Toyota's swooping design, but there's a few things that stand out. That little hole just under the airbox in the engine cowling for one, and the scalloped-out rear wing. I like that they're also running with a large number on the rear wing to make identification easier, but I don't like that it's number one ...

HSC

i on the other hand quite like the #1 on the Mclaren. This is going to be an exciting season if they do go ahead with the medal system instead of points. I can see the top three teams Mclaren, Ferrari and BMW will most likely go for it. The other teams probably it's difficult for them to win a medal. I really want to see how much the Renaults have improved their car. Will Fernando Alonso be fighting in the top plight.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

You clearly failed to notice the following then:

1) The nosecone is higher off the ground than the Ferrari F60.
2) The actual nose section - from nosecone to cockpit - follows an arch where the Ferrari does not.
3) This arch then flows down into an inverse shape around the exhaust manifold.
4) The front wing is distintly different from the Ferrari.
Its still a red and white brick ... like every other car they've ever produced. There's one awful photo of it ... ah, here we go: http://www.toyota-f1.com/cmn/img/news/20090115/05_l.jpg

Toyota's always look hideous, maybe its time to change the colour of their livery ... Mclarens, Ferrari's and the RB4 always look nice...

Atleast Ron Dennis is retiring ... :)

HSC

do you mean you don't like the color or the styling is hideous. I don't think any F1 car looks good to be honest. When you compare it to say a Zonda or a Maserati. But it's all about practicality. What's Ron Dennis retiring got to do with anything?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Renault and Willimas have been released. Team Willy's FW31 looks pretty conventional; the only thing that's drastically different to anyone else is the sidepods. Renaut's R29 has abandoned the blue in their yellow/orange/white/blue livery, and they have a very different nosecone, but they've kept the bloody shark fin.

BMW released later today.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

With the BMW being launched tonight ... theres going to be a 3 way tie for the ugliest car. Surprisingly, with every colour under the sun splashed on it, the Renault doesn't seem half bad, just hope that it will be a podium contender this season, Alonso can then make it into a race winning car. I'm not too sure I like these new noses on the cars, I much prefer the noses of say the MP4-22.

And the shark fins will stay, I think. There's no way anyone would want to get rid of an advertising billboard on the back of a car!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Um, actually, the combine harvester that was the BMW was just an interim test wing designed to gather data on it. After all, it was shown months ago. Williams were running something similar at the time, but the final FW31 has an evolved front nose. There's hope for BMW yet.

An the shark fins actual improve air flow to the rear wing in addition to providing more advertising space. Doesn't stop hem from being ugly as sin, though.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

BMW is boring and uninspiring. It makes the Williams look dramatic.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

RB5 was realsed twenty-four hours ago. I'm surprised no-one mentioned it before now given Webber's cult following (read: Cat stalking him). Anyway, it's probably me favourite of all the new designs, a typical Adrain Newey creation. Gone is the shark-fin (odd, given Newey invented it ... I suppose they came to the conclusion that it didn't really do anything under the new rules), but the shrink-wrapping seems to have remained, but the RB5's most striking feature is its nose, which looks like that on a Concorde.

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad

RB5 was realsed twenty-four hours ago. I'm surprised no-one mentioned it before now given Webber's cult following (read: Cat stalking him). Anyway, it's probably me favourite of all the new designs, a typical Adrain Newey creation. Gone is the shark-fin (odd, given Newey invented it ... I suppose they came to the conclusion that it didn't really do anything under the new rules), but the shrink-wrapping seems to have remained, but the RB5's most striking feature is its nose, which looks like that on a Concorde.
Wow the RB5 is so different. I just hope they do better this year and it doesn't break down. GO Webber :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I'm surprised no-one mentioned it before now given Webber's cult following (read: Cat stalking him)
Hey! What the...?

You know as well as anybody that Webber ranks right down there with Hamilton on my stalking list!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)