• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Flaw of Monotheism (1 Viewer)

Durga

HSC
Scorch, I'm as anti-theist as they come, but seriously mate, religion has no influence on our legal system or government. I don't know why you're being so stubborn on this.

Name me one ruling in a western court or an approved bill in parliament that had the authority of religious faith. All of our laws are secular.
Trickx, just because a country is not a theocracy, it does not mean it is then by elimination secular. We are not saying that religion has a complete authority, but that it has an influence that is was to strong for supposed secular nation.

Scorch

HSC
So if someone says good luck do you chastise them for being superstitious?
Not at all, because such superstition has nothing to do with an almighty, totalitarian God with a laundry list of crimes against humanity in his past who expects us to feel loved by his abuse, blame and then redemption through vicious human sacrifice and is thus rather harmless.

Last edited:

ilikebeeef

HSC
Well I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God...

The bible makes it clear that marriage is between a single man and a single woman (yes I understand that Solomon had a ridiculous amount of wives, but that's a whole can of worms I can't be stuffed opening).

The bible makes it clear that sex is only between married couples...

The bible makes it clear that sex outside of marriage, in any form is a sin (adultery)... Jesus expands this to include thinking lustfully.

Hence all sex outside of marriage including all lust outside of marriage is a sin...

Homosexuality fits into this category (the same category that I am in)
And what makes you think the Bible is the word of God? Cos someone told you, right? ;)

Scorch

HSC
Exactly. As far as I'm aware of, the Bible is not the word of God.

It has been altered by people a lot of times too.
As I said in another thread on a similar topic:
The logical extension then is that when the Book not only has no moral consistency or any element of timelessness and is full of mistakes, fabrications and logical inconsistencies, it is quite clearly not divine. If God designed the universe in all its complexity and intricacy, he would, were he to divinely-inspire someone to write a book about it, inspire them correctly. He would not inspire them to write scientific rubbish such as Adam and Eve and the nonsense of Genesis and he would not inspire them to write complete fabrications such as the entirety of the story of Exodus.
Oh and if someone dares to say it doesn't count because it's in the Old Testament I will happily recount what the writers of the New Testament invented and stole to support their cause, such as the Last Supper, virgin birth, Judas' betrayal, the census, Herod's killing of young children, etc.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The basic morals of a secular nation such as Australia are close enough to Christian morals anyway, so there is no need for Christianity to get involved with law and politics. Similarly with any other religion. If people truly believe religion makes a nice person, then they would agree with the fair, secular laws we already have.

Andydavid

HSC
It all shows how gracious God is! So he makes us and we screw up (Adam and Eve) and so God says cause you guys rejected my rule, im going to kick you out of the garden, anmd thats when our relationship with god was broken.... then god gives us another chance....
He wipes out everyone but noah, but we still stuff up, the whole time god is throwing opportunities at us.... but we are to sinful to accept... so we stuff up AGAIN... so it shows that the relationship between us and God needs fixing, and they try and do that through sacrificing and heaps of stuff, but how can a bull take the place of what a man has done? We are the ones who rejected him....
So Jesus came, As a man, who was perfect, and therefore when he died he was the perfect sacrifice...

You can't look at this world and say we arent sinful... turn on the tv and look at the news. We are so crap....
And theres no way you can look to countries like Oz or America to solve the worlds problems when the issue isnt with the world... its with us!

Anyway, its not God trying to 'Fix things up' God is GOD! any 'god' who tries to 'fix things up' isnt a god at all.... Its all part of his plan, we are the ones that stuff up not god... and it means that by being gracious, we've done nothing... we cant say 'oh the world is perfect, we fixed it" When things go wrong its God saying 'Yeah look at that! Thats what happens when you dont rely on me'

Anyway Im a christian! And Loving every minute of it! Any questions email me, i_love_chocolate88@hotmail.com

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
It all shows how gracious God is! So he makes us and we screw up (Adam and Eve) and so God says cause you guys rejected my rule, im going to kick you out of the garden, anmd thats when our relationship with god was broken.... then god gives us another chance....
He wipes out everyone but noah, but we still stuff up, the whole time god is throwing opportunities at us.... but we are to sinful to accept... so we stuff up AGAIN... so it shows that the relationship between us and God needs fixing, and they try and do that through sacrificing and heaps of stuff, but how can a bull take the place of what a man has done? We are the ones who rejected him....
So Jesus came, As a man, who was perfect, and therefore when he died he was the perfect sacrifice...

You can't look at this world and say we arent sinful... turn on the tv and look at the news. We are so crap....
And theres no way you can look to countries like Oz or America to solve the worlds problems when the issue isnt with the world... its with us!

Anyway, its not God trying to 'Fix things up' God is GOD! any 'god' who tries to 'fix things up' isnt a god at all.... Its all part of his plan, we are the ones that stuff up not god... and it means that by being gracious, we've done nothing... we cant say 'oh the world is perfect, we fixed it" When things go wrong its God saying 'Yeah look at that! Thats what happens when you dont rely on me'

Anyway Im a christian! And Loving every minute of it! Any questions email me, i_love_chocolate88@hotmail.com
scuse me sir?

Bereie

HSC
Cause this sand monkey shit should have been gotten rid of quite awhile ago and it's up to the young people of the future to make it happen m8. With every anti-god and anti-religion post on BoS hopefully it puts more doubt and skepticism into any users of BoS who have been brainwashed by their parents.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Cause this sand monkey shit should have been gotten rid of quite awhile ago and it's up to the young people of the future to make it happen m8. With every anti-god and anti-religion post on BoS hopefully it puts more doubt and skepticism into any users of BoS who have been brainwashed by their parents.
some people actually chose to be religious.

Bereie

HSC
Then we shall fight in the fields and in the streets.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Just becuase you have no intellectual reasoning skills, it doesn't mean we can sort out such a complex issue by bashing the crap out of each other. gtfo.

Scorch

HSC
Exactly. Quite frankly I think that such Bronze-Age nonsense survives into the present day is not because its claims have any veracity, which they clearly don't, but because of an ignorance of the facts on the part of those that believe.

I think that very few people believe in religion in spite of the facts, but billions believe in it in ignorance of the facts.

Sadiah

HSC
Exactly. Quite frankly I think that such Bronze-Age nonsense survives into the present day is not because its claims have any veracity, which they clearly don't, but because of an ignorance of the facts on the part of those that believe.

I think that very few people believe in religion in spite of the facts, but billions believe in it in ignorance of the facts.[/quote]

LOL. I'm sorry but I'm against that.

Please provide evidence for that. =)

I don't mean to go against you so please don't rate my criticism.:D

Scorch

HSC
LOL. I'm sorry but I'm against that.

Please provide evidence for that. =)

I don't mean to go against you so please don't rate my criticism.:D
Well let me put it this way: are you aware of the scientific facts regarding evolution, the creation of the world, cosmology and biology that, on so many accounts, prove both the Bible and Quran wrong?

Durga

HSC
Just slightly off topic, I just discovered the Secular Party of Australia. From their website, they look like a pretty well put together party. Here is their website - Secular Party of Australia

How come we don't hear a lot about this party?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)