The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ATAR_boy

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Did any of you catch the Inter vs AC game? Inter comprehensively won 2-0, even with 10 men for the good part of the game with Wesley Sneijder getting a red card (shit decision). Milito and Pandev scored for Inter and Cesar was a brick in front of goal, stopping a Ronaldinho penalty.

Inter go 9 points clear at the top now. Basically an unassailable lead in the race for the Scudetto.
Thats for sure. Inter has won the Serie A. I'm even more happy as Italy's "OLD LADY" side are struggling like crazy :party: Great Derby win for Mourinho, especially without Sneijder from the 27th minute..very poor decision..apparently it was for Dissent.

ATAR_boy

HSC

Good game, tackles were flying in from everywhere and it was very open. Milan's defence was a shambles without Nesta though... Abate clearly isn't a right back and he was found out pretty much every time the attack went near him
LOL, thats so true, Abate's main positions are LB or LM...as he has shown in the past games for AC Milan. If AC Milan want to finish in the Top 3, they clearly need a new, young goalkeeper, although Dida is OK...he's 36, and the sub goalie in Flavio Roma is 34+...

C'mon Berlusconi, just buy Carlos Kameni (wants to leave Espanyol) or G. Ochoa. AC's best buy has been Thiago Silva, what a talent. As for Ronaldinho, he should be able to reclaim a brazilian berth soon. :party:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

gah draw for liverpool and wolves.

and lol at ronaldo getting banned for 2weeks and fined

ATAR_boy

HSC

Liverpool are a strong team but having Gerrard back from injury is not enough, they need Torres asap or else UCL qualification seems doubtful.

ATAR_boy

HSC

LOL. yeh, i find the ronaldo incident humorous :haha:

Transfer News: Fulham's "promising" Under-21 England International >> Chris Smalling has agreed to join the red side of manchester in the 2010/2011 season. What do you guys think? Will this be a good or bad signing? :confused:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

LOL. yeh, i find the ronaldo incident humorous :haha:

Transfer News: Fulham's "promising" Under-21 England International >> Chris Smalling has agreed to join the red side of manchester in the 2010/2011 season. What do you guys think? Will this be a good or bad signing? :confused:
never noticed him, can he play, do you think?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

also has Huntelaar been bought by anyone yet? coz i think liverpool and arsenal both wanted him?

ATAR_boy

HSC

He's on a four year contract at AC Milan. Won't be going anywhere I don't think.

Counting down for the Villa vs Arsenal game now. Any predictions?
yeh, 1-1 draw, if Milner + Young show their talent...then could quite possibly be 2-1 win for Villa. Its hard to predict as Arsenal have been rampant in recent weeks..well *cough* "Cesc" has been rampant :)

ATAR_boy

HSC

never noticed him, can he play, do you think?
Dunno really, he's got potential in him, but i reckon this signing is due to Rio's constant back-problems, O'Shea has a blood clot and Brown is lacking match-fitness big-time.

It seems like Smalling will probably partner J.Evans or Fabio in Central Defence for the new season...Vidic looks to be on his way out of man utd :(

Roy9

HSC

The Wolves v Liverpool game was probably the most boring game I've seen in my life (literally)

ATAR_boy

HSC

The Wolves v Liverpool game was probably the most boring game I've seen in my life (literally)
Haha, true, a game where both teams managed only 1 real shot on target..

Everton should take up ninth position after Wednesday and Saturday's fixtures....especially against Sunderland (reminders of that 7-1 win..*cough* Keane where are you now?? :haha:). C'mon Donovan, your a class act, just score a few goals and you'll be a Legend.

Btw, Leeds finally slip up in Div. 1 against Swindon :eek:

ATAR_boy

HSC

true, he's been injured most of the time
I'm expecting Liverpool's new-boy "MAXI" to really get into the scoring habit very soon. If he shows no form, I doubt Maradona will select him. According to reports..Sunderland's Jones may well become a Liverpool striker in the next transfer window as he doesnt want to leave the Black Cats until end of this season.

Atm, Liverpool are suffering from a lack-of-depth in all positions. ESPECIALLY forwards. Lets see...Torres, Kuyt (more of a winger), Babel (outrageous talent but with NO self confidence), Maxi (more of a winger, creative midfielder), Ngog (Very weak) and Pacheco (only 18..apparently he's Spain next top striker).

If Liverpool want a team for the future, they cannot sell Torres but should let go of Babel ($11 - 15 million) and Bring in Moussa Dembele, Edson Cavani. :)

-JD

HSC

Wow I didn't realise there was such a strong football following on BoS,

I'd just like to throw in some Man City Support

"Fergie, sign him up!"

"Fergie, sign him up!"

"Fergie, sign him up!"

Mancini's hopes to win the Premier League title may be a little far-fetched but our Carling Cup and FA Cup campaign looks to be hopeful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)