The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
WHAT A GAME!

Arguably the best game of the season and what a time for it (broadcast live in Japan). Unlucky that Sydney FC lost, but it was an awesome game and that's all I care about.

Poor games from Clint Bolton, Ufuk Talay and the Sydney FC defence but the trio of Yorke, Petrovski and Kazu was awesome.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Yeah, it was an amazing game.

However, I'm so dirty about losing. We did not deserve to lose after clawing our way back from the horrendous start.

I wonder if Adelaide have already sewn up first place now.

We need to thump Melbourne next week. Time for revenge. I'll be there.

nedzelic

HSC
that was a rip-snorter of a game eh. i must say, i'm not the biggest fan of adelaide united but the one thing that i am happy about is, their coach. the only kossie is the only auzzie coach in the 'a' league [not the 'f' (foreigners') league] and i am happy for him and vidmar that they are doing so well. i mean, i'm not sure they play the best football, i was sure that that tag was with melbourne or queensland as they were 'the entertainers', but after wtaching some recebt dismal performances from them, i'm not so sure. did anyone see victory vs knights on last night? worst game i've ever seen, there was a turn over of possession eevery 10 seconds. the teams couldn't pass water. it made it all the more infruiating that i had 200 riding on melbourne to win. got there in the end though. can you beleiev that i got odds of 1.75 for melbourne to win???? it was beautiful - against the team who's got three points? what the fuck was that bookie thinking

anyway, looks like adeliade have got one hand on a minor prem. top encounter and spectacle

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fuck Adelaide and John Kosmina. He is the biggest cunt in Australian football and always has been.

nedzelic

HSC
Komit said:
Fuck Adelaide and John Kosmina. He is the biggest cunt in Australian football and always has been.

oh, yaeh, he's a dick head but he's a charcter, and he's australian. but yeah, for sue he's a cock

nedzelic

HSC
anyone got the australia dvd yet? mine should be arriving 2moro - can't be bothered to go to the shops, i don't leave the house now the...HSC is over *sits wide eyed infron of cpu in dark room with mug of coffee* i'm a sociopathic recluse

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
There's nothing much to do. I just watch old Red Star champions league games and Macedonian national games.

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
^^^^ LOL Good ol' Macedonia, The only match I'ved watched more than once is the 0-0 Draw against Netherlands, we were the only team in the qualifying to get a result in Hollond and keep the mighty Dutch Scoreless at home.

As for the Sydney V Adelaide game, though I am a Sydney Fan, I'm not too saddend by the loss, it was an excellent game of football, the croud was awesome though the crowd was 14 000 it filled pretty much the stadium making it a great atmosphere. As for the performances of Sydney, the Strikers did well, Talay was shocking, worst games for him in a while. Bolton messed up early, played well the remainder bar that dtrike from Rech. Once again good game, and more games in the A-League should be played like this one.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Bolton could of probably saved Rech's shot as well. But, shit happens.

Yeh, the Macedonian national team shits me. I've seen every single national game they have played and they seem to turn it on against the big teams and stuff up against lesser teams. For example, in this WC qualifying, they were the only team to take points of the Netherlands (with two draws) but they lost against the likes of Andorra and drew with Liechteinstein - who they've hammered 11-1 before.

I'm guessing with a name like Ilija you're Macedonian too?

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
You would be correct, and not to mention 5-1 against Finland in Skopje. Have you seen/have any games on the recent Iran tournement which Macedonia took part in.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Komit said:
There's nothing much to do. I just watch old Red Star champions league games and Macedonian national games.

Remembering the good ol' days when eastern european clubs could be competitive in CL eh? Im waiting on a repeat of the Sydney/Adelaide game, but so much for everyone writing Adelaide off.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
There is no more Macedonian channel so I didn't see them. I'll probably get a relative to send tapes from overseas. They finished second though - which is good.

Yes BJ, I'm reminsicing the days when the Yugoslav national team was the best in the world - yes, even better than Brazil.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
my sharona said:
moi aussi ;)

Maybe i'm cynical, but i think if they aired the games on TV, people would be less likely to go to the games.

Matches should go on TV as soon as the crowd numbers are constantly high.
Or just screen games outside the city hosting them.

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Komit said:
There is no more Macedonian channel so I didn't see them. I'll probably get a relative to send tapes from overseas. They finished second though - which is good.

Yes BJ, I'm reminsicing the days when the Yugoslav national team was the best in the world - yes, even better than Brazil.

Ahhh the glory days.

Well they beat Iran in Iran... Australia unfortuantly couldn't do that. And lost 1-0 to Paraguay, if on the played decently all the time. If the old Yugoslav was reunited (Croatia,Serbia,Bosnia and Makedonija) for football, it would be a pretty good team. And go heaps far, in my probably biased opinion. Not taking anything away from Serbia now, I hope they do well.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Macedonia is up to shit due to the corruption and bullshit within the Federation. Within 10 years of the FFM's existence, the national team ahs dropped almost 50 places in the FIFA rankings which is appalling. In the end, there is talent but no money.

Late 1980s, early 1990s the Yugoslav team was unstoppable. The players that won the youth world cup were the best in the world at the time. You had the likes Stankovic, Prosinecki, Mijatovic, Mihajlovic, Suker, Pancev and heaps of others one team. They got kicked out of Euro 92 and their replacement, Denmark, won the thing and they would have easily won the WC in 1994 but shit happens, I guess. From the split up though, Macedonia has come off the worst as Serbia and Croatia are still very, very strong as is Slovenia.

Ilija, when Macedonia make it to a major competition, I don't give a fuck what I'm doing, I'll be at the games.

Diddimz

HSC
The game against roar was brilliant, him and bleiberg going off on the side line, i loved it(though bleiberg is an idiot and doesnt even deserve to coach). Kosmina is a good coach though, since before the league started i have been saying he would do well with Adelaide and he has proved it.

Maybe i'm cynical, but i think if they aired the games on TV, people would be less likely to go to the games.

Matches should go on TV as soon as the crowd numbers are constantly high.
The old NSL wasnt televised but it still didnt get big crowds to the games, though the quality was not of as high a standard, and there were also a number of other factors working against it. Keeping the matches televised will help keep the support up for it, and people will still attend the games, even if they can see them on television, the atmosphere at a football game cant be experienced in the comfort of your living room (unless you fit 15,000 people in there)

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Komit said:
Ilija, when Macedonia make it to a major competition, I don't give a fuck what I'm doing, I'll be at the games.
I'll be right there with you. Personally I think we have a better chance in gaining entry to a Euro Cup rather than world cup, 16 places compared to 13 (14 if you count Germany) for the world cup. But it would be sweet if Australia held a WC (2018 or 2022) and even sweeter if MKD made it through.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Ilija said:
Talay was shocking, worst games for him in a while. Bolton messed up early, played well the remainder bar that dtrike from Rech.
Damn straight. Talay was absolutely horrendous. He isn't used to playing on the left of midfield, though.

And Bolton's effort for Rech's shot was abysmal. It all comes down to anticipation, and his body weight was heading in the other direction before he went for a dive. I reckon we should give Justin Pasfield a go against New Zealand and Queensland etc. See how he goes.

Anyone reckon that FC can actually catch Adelaide from here? With easy points almost guaranteed against New Zealand and, to a lesser extent, the Roar (because they do not know how to score), they'd have to slip up against Newcastle, Perth Melbourne and, obviously, us.

There will be a few more cracking games in the A-League before the Finals, I reckon, between Newcastle, Sydney, Perth, and Adelaide. With Central Coast getting their players back now, they could become a force, and Melbourne just need to find form again. The 5-0 demolition of Sydney was the best performance of any team in the competition this season.

A-League rocks!

Glenn198718

watched the replay you cant blame bolton for the lose he played a top game i reacon. made some very important saves and the goal to make it 3-2 which was the final score he saw it late and just missed. Top goal keeper. There were a few niggling fights but thats always good i think. Sydney FC great team but just unlucky not to get a point out of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)