Oh Melbourne Is So Wonderful

Oh Sydney Is
Oh Sydney Is

So Full Of Shit
So Full Of Shit

Oh Sydney Is So Full Of Shit
Its Full Of Shit, Shit And More Shit
Oh Sydney Is So Full Of Shit
WE ARE IN THE FUCKING ASIAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!

This is awesome, its been confirmed today.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=7502

So this years Premiers/Champions will be in 2008 comp, with the comp restructuring in 2009.

Sydney FC will be playing ACL from March onwards, so midweek fixtures in Sydney against top Asian sides every week, FUCK YEH!!

But, SUCKED IN MELBOURNE, you will have to wait a year!

sk1001

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

sweet_as said:

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=7502

So this years Premiers/Champions will be in 2008 comp, with the comp restructuring in 2009.

Sydney FC will be playing ACL from March onwards, so midweek fixtures in Sydney against top Asian sides every week, FUCK YEH!!

What is there to get excited about? Sydney will play, get done, and disgrace the a-league as a competition. You know as well as Rudan and I, that Melbourne is by far THE, and I emphasize the, best team in the land.

But what the hell. The 07 double is ours :rofl:

(Sydney fans disguist me. Your largest crowd was 20k, coincidently against Melbourne. Melbourne's lowest crowd at the dome was 22k on a Tuesday Night with the races on that day...........)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

sk1001 said:
What is there to get excited about? Sydney will play, get done, and disgrace the a-league as a competition. You know as well as Rudan and I, that Melbourne is by far THE, and I emphasize the, best team in the land.

But what the hell. The 07 double is ours :rofl:

(Sydney fans disguist me. Your largest crowd was 20k, coincidently against Melbourne. Melbourne's lowest crowd at the dome was 22k on a Tuesday Night with the races on that day...........)
k, for a start that match at Telstra Dome was on a Thursday night with a crowd of 22000.

Yes, Sydney FC's crowds have been dissapointing this season. It has to do with the differing population between the two cities. Melbourne are sports-mad, whilst many Sydneysiders are bandwagoners, and only support a team if they are winning. It sucks, but thats the reality of a sporting club in the most competitive sports market in Australia.

Melbourne are playing great this season, but Iwouldn't go as far as 'the best team in the land, by far'. Simon Colisomo said it himself after playing Sydney FC in pre season, the performance with a full side, yes under Terry Butcher, was the best club side he had ever seen in Australia.

Adelaide were the best team over the course of the season last year, but they didn't even make the Final. We'll see who's there come 20th February.

InLimbo

HSC

I'd rather support an underperforming Sydney team than an overachieving team of criminals in Melbourne.

Oh, and Asian Champions League.

kthxbye

sk1001

HSC

sweet_as said:
k, for a start that match at Telstra Dome was on a Thursday night with a crowd of 22000.

Yes, Sydney FC's crowds have been dissapointing this season. It has to do with the differing population between the two cities. Melbourne are sports-mad, whilst many Sydneysiders are bandwagoners, and only support a team if they are winning. It sucks, but thats the reality of a sporting club in the most competitive sports market in Australia.

Melbourne are playing great this season, but Iwouldn't go as far as 'the best team in the land, by far'. Simon Colisomo said it himself after playing Sydney FC in pre season, the performance with a full side, yes under Terry Butcher, was the best club side he had ever seen in Australia.

Adelaide were the best team over the course of the season last year, but they didn't even make the Final. We'll see who's there come 20th February.
Tuesday or Thursday, midweek game the same day as a major horse race, does it really matter? At least you are honest enough to recognise the fact Sydneysiders are bandwagoners.

As for being the best team in the land, I mean we are 12 points ahead of second for crying out loud. 1 loss to the thugs that are AUFC and a draw to CCM with 9 men, coupled with 11 wins, 6 of which were away from home. Notice how Simon made that comment preseason?

Quoting your own captain. "I can understand Melbourne's side of things, they have by far and away been the best team in the competition this year and they probably do deserve to be one of the representatives in next year's Champions League,"

If Sydney really was such a good team, would Yorke have left for a mid-low table English Championship team?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

note: yorke DID NOT WANT to leave. :)

it was more of a . him not performing enough?

I understand rudan. you guys have been good. THIS YEAR. that does not mean you are the best. what have you won? the league? the final? um.

it was adelaide and sydney last year. hmm... what did melbourne get?

nothing. anyway. sledging is lame. go FRED.

oh and, asian champions league.

HSC

sweet_as said:

It's disappointing because clubs won't have the same momentum 14/16 months after winning the trophy. The playing roster could be totally different, and coach may not necessarily be there when it comes to play in the ACL. What about the team that wins the 08/09 season? Will they get shafted? It's a joke. Anyway, its better for the Victory, seeing as we now have more time to improve the squad, and line up potential sponsors.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

aodmjgnwpekignw said:

It's disappointing because clubs won't have the same momentum 14/16 months after winning the trophy. The playing roster could be totally different, and coach may not necessarily be there when it comes to play in the ACL. What about the team that wins the 08/09 season? Will they get shafted? It's a joke. Anyway, its better for the Victory, seeing as we now have more time to improve the squad, and line up potential sponsors.

Every club that qualifies for the ACL in 2009 is going to get shafted, the AFC are reformatting the competition to make it stronger, so the changes are necessary.

sk1001

HSC

timlay said:
note: yorke DID NOT WANT to leave. :)

it was more of a . him not performing enough?

I understand rudan. you guys have been good. THIS YEAR. that does not mean you are the best. what have you won? the league? the final? um.

it was adelaide and sydney last year. hmm... what did melbourne get?

nothing. anyway. sledging is lame. go FRED.

oh and, asian champions league.
AHAHAHA are you kidding me? Yorke didn't want to leave?

"This club is massive in terms of a football perspective. There is no comparison between Sunderland and Sydney FC. Sunderland, as far as I am concerned, is a massive club, Roy Keane as the manager played a major role in bringing me back here and, from a footballing perspective, this is the best thing that could happen to me." - Yorke

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/coca_cola/article1603877.ece

We have been good this year, but not the best? That makes alot of sense when I'm drinking a beer, 12 points clear :rofl:

And well, whats the point of having "has beens" in the ACL to misrepresent Australia?

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

boohoo.

you're not in the ACL. go have a cry.

and umm dur. ur not supposed to go "this is the worst thing thats ever happen to me" when you've done it. or else you'd get no game time.

yorke was like. sad because we didn't keep him . it's true.

sk1001

HSC

timlay said:
boohoo.

you're not in the ACL. go have a cry.

and umm dur. ur not supposed to go "this is the worst thing thats ever happen to me" when you've done it. or else you'd get no game time.

yorke was like. sad because we didn't keep him . it's true.
Can you read you moron? You couldn't keep Yorke because he didn't want to stay. And sad? He clearly expressed that the move to Sunderland was the best thing that ever happened to him. So much for the glorified, salary-cap breaching cheats that are Lowy FC.....

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

sk1001 said:
Can you read you moron? You couldn't keep Yorke because he didn't want to stay. And sad? He clearly expressed that the move to Sunderland was the best thing that ever happened to him. So much for the glorified, salary-cap breaching cheats that are Lowy FC.....
The 'salary-cap breaches' only occured because of the players getting paid for school visits that never occured, due to the Club World Championship (something Melbourne got nowhere near, due to being the worst team in Australia and all).

Sydney FC, unlike Salary Cap cheaters such as the Bulldogs in the NRL, fully cooperated with the FFA, thus halving the fines.

As for glorified, well yes we are the A-League's first ever CHAMPIONS and we did finish 5th at the CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Now where was Melbourne in all this? Oh I remember now, you won a North Qld pre season title didn't you? Well good for you.

sk1001

HSC

sweet_as said:
The 'salary-cap breaches' only occured because of the players getting paid for school visits that never occured, due to the Club World Championship (something Melbourne got nowhere near, due to being the worst team in Australia and all).

Sydney FC, unlike Salary Cap cheaters such as the Bulldogs in the NRL, fully cooperated with the FFA, thus halving the fines.

As for glorified, well yes we are the A-League's first ever CHAMPIONS and we did finish 5th at the CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Now where was Melbourne in all this? Oh I remember now, you won a North Qld pre season title didn't you? Well good for you.
Pffft. Great coverup. Co-operated with the FFA through your 50% stakeholder Lowy. Talk about conflict of interest.....

A-League Champions, meaningless when you breach the rules.

Sydney FC - Go back to running from the rain....

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

you know. i think melbourne is really good too..

go make your own league.

sk1001

HSC

What are you trying to say?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

im saying. you guys are in a league of your own...

it's a compliment okay?

sk1001

HSC

I now understand through your broken English.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

sk1001 said:
Pffft. Great coverup. Co-operated with the FFA through your 50% stakeholder Lowy. Talk about conflict of interest.....

A-League Champions, meaningless when you breach the rules.

Sydney FC - Go back to running from the rain....
don't go all high and mighty, FFA own 25% of your club.

So all this 'ZOMG SYDNEY BIAS !!!!11111oneone1!!', is bullshit.

If the same thing happened to any club, the same course of action would of been taken. It's because Sydney COOPERATED with the FFA, the fines were halved, and the docked points were suspended. Same thing happened would of happened with any club if they had cooperated.

sk1001

HSC

sweet_as said:
don't go all high and mighty, FFA own 25% of your club.

So all this 'ZOMG SYDNEY BIAS !!!!11111oneone1!!', is bullshit.

If the same thing happened to any club, the same course of action would of been taken. It's because Sydney COOPERATED with the FFA, the fines were halved, and the docked points were suspended. Same thing happened would of happened with any club if they had cooperated.
It's foolish to assume something like that would happen. I guess we will stuggle to really know, Sydney being the only team to have breached such regilations.

The FFA owns 25% of Melbourne Victory? Give me some evidence.

And note there is a difference. Lowy, personally, not as CEO of the FFA, is a 51% stakeholder in SFC.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC

sk1001 said:
It's foolish to assume something like that would happen. I guess we will stuggle to really know, Sydney being the only team to have breached such regilations.

The FFA owns 25% of Melbourne Victory? Give me some evidence.

And note there is a difference. Lowy, personally, not as CEO of the FFA, is a 51% stakeholder in SFC.
In this article here:

http://sportsaustralia.com/articles/jan06/artid4725.html

I think you will find the majority of Sydney FC fans wish for Lowy to fuck off. Not up to us who owns the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)