The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ATAR_boy

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Hopefully with Robben and Schweinsteger back Bayern can finish Utd off at OT.... don't want to see Utd in another final
yeh. Bayern should progress, Gomez was the missing link in the losses to Frankfurt and Stuttgart (Bundesliga).

as for the All-French Quarter-Final, Lyon are leading 3-1 but Lisandro and Govou are suspended for 2nd leg so Bordeaux have the advantage (Gourcuff + Wendel + Chamakh as the attacking links) ;)

ATAR_boy

HSC

valencia should've started instead of scholes..
I dont think Scholes has the legs to play a full-UCL game against a strong, tough-tackling side like Bayern. He should be used as an impact substitute for most of the games (VS difficult opposition). ;)

LordPc

HSC

funny thing is that CR never had so much hype around him getting injured

which is probably an insult to Rooney cause no one believes he is actually that good. just that he hit some form and that eventually his form will drop back to the way it has been the past few years

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

which is probably an insult to Rooney cause no one believes he is actually that good. just that he hit some form and that eventually his form will drop back to the way it has been the past few years
who thinks Rooney is actually good?

ATAR_boy

HSC

Nice way of summing it up. He's not that 'gifted' or 'talented' as a striker. It is clear in the EPL that the same 'profilic' strikers are at the top of the charts...eg. Rooney; Drogba; Torres; Defoe; Bent & Tevez (finally showed some ability).

Here's my question: If Rooney picks up another injury, who would be first choice forwards for England?....Crouch, Defoe; Bent; C.Cole; Walcott...;)

ATAR_boy

HSC

who thinks Rooney is actually good?
He was just emphasised a bit too much when he made his debut for Moyes' team in the season where Everton were in a relegation battle. The current forwards of the England U-21, U-19 teams have FAR MORE talent than him (based on age group---Welbeck; Benik Afobe);)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

He was just emphasised a bit too much when he made his debut for Moyes' team in the season where Everton were in a relegation battle. The current forwards of the England U-21, U-19 teams have FAR MORE talent than him (based on age group---Welbeck; Benik Afobe);)
jack rodwell?

ATAR_boy

HSC

jack rodwell?
But Rodwell is a midfielder who can score from long-range, i'm sorry to all Everton fans but with Arsenal; Man Utd; Chelsea and a few other teams scouting him, he wont be a Toffee for very much longer. ;)

kyokaku92

HSC

Haha, hopefully Rooney is out for 2-3 weeks as this will show whether Man Utd have the strength/depth to win without their 34-goal-forward. ;)
I say it's a perfect time to play Utd..... :devil::devil::devil:

God, I will be pissed if we don't win at Old Trafford

kyokaku92

HSC

Nice way of summing it up. He's not that 'gifted' or 'talented' as a striker. It is clear in the EPL that the same 'profilic' strikers are at the top of the charts...eg. Rooney; Drogba; Torres; Defoe; Bent & Tevez (finally showed some ability).

Here's my question: If Rooney picks up another injury, who would be first choice forwards for England?....Crouch, Defoe; Bent; C.Cole; Walcott...;)
Let's just say, Rooney is a great finisher whenever he is set up...

And, I rate Defoe more than Crouch. I read somewhere Zamora might come into Capello's plans

LordPc

HSC

if you made a list of the top 50 strikers in the world, besides rooney, would any other english forward make the list?

Roy9

HSC

Are people here implying that Rooney isn't world class? He's the best player England has produced since Beckham...

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A

who are you guys kidding? there is no youth level player within even a light year of what rooney was at their age.
who are these rodwell, wellbeck and afobe duds you mention? rooney didn't play in the england feeder teams because at their age he was playing for england at euro 2004 and 2006 world cup.

my eyes water and my heart aches at the prospect of having to rely on bobby 'i've been anonymous for 10 years but i had one solid game for fulham' zamora or darren 'i couldn't even make the tottenham lineup' bent to score the goals.

put whatever prejudices or hate you have for man united aside and understand he is the best english player currently plying his trade.

ATAR_boy

HSC

who are you guys kidding? there is no youth level player within even a light year of what rooney was at their age.
who are these rodwell, wellbeck and afobe duds you mention? rooney didn't play in the england feeder teams because at their age he was playing for england at euro 2004 and 2006 world cup.

my eyes water and my heart aches at the prospect of having to rely on bobby 'i've been anonymous for 10 years but i had one solid game for fulham' zamora or darren 'i couldn't even make the tottenham lineup' bent to score the goals.

put whatever prejudices aside and understand he is the best English player currently plying his trade.
Sorry, I can't put prejudices aside. I reckon you are kidding yourself, there are a number of youth level players that are GOING TO DEVELOP into much better players when they begin to gain more experience. And you must take into account, Rooney has had BRILLIANT service from the likes of Fletcher, Nani, Valencia, Giggs (at Man Utd) this particular season.

Anyways, for a player like Bobby 'I scored a brace in a 2-1 win for West Ham at Highbury' Zamora, its obvious that he's shite...maybe thats why Fulham wear white :D.

Also, cut Darren Bent some slack, he's most likely 5-6th choice forward for England but whilst he was at spurs, they had shit players...No Modric; No Niko Kranjcar; and Aaron Lennon could do shit all. Though, he doesnt fit into the Spurs-system..(Bent is a big-fish in a small 'Sunderland' pond). :eek:

ATAR_boy

HSC

Are people here implying that Rooney isn't world class? He's the best player England has produced since Beckham...
This is of course barring the potential youth of England. :D

Roy9

HSC

Danny Welbeck isn't even worthy of lacing the boots of the 16 year old version of Rooney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)