The Football Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

OMG man utd...wtf rafael..no park ji sung on the bench?? wth is going on?

ATAR_boy

HSC

spurs: kranjcar, modric, defoe
villa: agbonlahor,ADDING a few prospects...Milner, Young,
everton: arteta, cahill, fellaini, baines, rodwell, bilyaletdinov.

there's a few that pop into my head.

Okay. These players are quality EPL players but NONE of them are world-class talents like Fabregas, Drogba, Torres, Lampard.

Although, Rodwell has a bright future ahead of him. Milner will be a very useful player for both England and his future club. Young is showing his ability but he is yet to take that next step.

ATAR_boy

HSC

Spurs have spent a shitload of money and have a massive wage bill... but apart from them you're right

(excluding Man City, of course)
Spurs are hilarious. They buy so many players that end up as flops...Taarabat ($9 mil - ON LOAN AT QPR)...Bentley ($15 million...yet to show his price tag)...:D

ATAR_boy

HSC

OMG man utd...wtf rafael..no park ji sung on the bench?? wth is going on?
Yea, I was shocked at why Park wasnt part of the united squad. Did he pick up an injury against Chelsea?

Good news for United fans though, John 'Versatile' O'Shea is back which will give Fergie some options in defence, particularly with Rio's persistent back problems.
Hence..Title should remain at Old Trafford --> 19th EPL Title for Man Utd. :D

kyokaku92

HSC

:devil::devil: Utd 3-2 Bayern (Bayern win away goals 4-4) Wtf was starting Rooney?

Too bad SBS thought Lyon-Bordeaux was more important to show, Liverpool fans can have the distinction that their team lasted longer in European competition than the other big 4 teams

Last edited:

Roy9

HSC

Wow at the 2 people who think Torres would be better than Messi (the heir-apparent to Diego Maradona) if he wasn't always injured. Messi is by far the best player in the world, and at the rate he's going now he could very well be known as the greatest player ever after he retires

samwell

HSC

Messi 4-1 Arsenal, CSKA moscow 0-1 Inter

Imagine what would happen to Barcelona if Messi was injured... Wenger summed it up brilliantly, "He is like a Playstation player".
They would still win and play well... They have Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Ibra in their team and frankly messi is like a magic spark who makes somethin out of nothin. but if he gets injured i think barca will be just as gud but missing their magic spark

kyokaku92

HSC

They would still win and play well... They have Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Ibra in their team and frankly messi is like a magic spark who makes somethin out of nothin. but if he gets injured i think barca will be just as gud but missing their magic spark
True, but like Utd and Rooney, Messi is like their leader in attack, has a massive influence throughout the team and if he was injured, I could see Barca play like Utd did against Chelsea- no attack cohesion, players playing without confidence and who knows...

LordPc

HSC

Wow at the 2 people who think Torres would be better than Messi (the heir-apparent to Diego Maradona) if he wasn't always injured. Messi is by far the best player in the world, and at the rate he's going now he could very well be known as the greatest player ever after he retires
to clarify, since you can read that sentence two ways, i was comparing Torres to himself, not Messi. ie

Torres would be a better player than he currently is if he wasnt injured half the time
but if messi can help Argentina to claim the WC this year, talk of him being the best player ever will start to gain serious momentum

True, but like Utd and Rooney, Messi is like their leader in attack, has a massive influence throughout the team and if he was injured, I could see Barca play like Utd did against Chelsea- no attack cohesion, players playing without confidence and who knows...
id have to disagree. i think barca are a very versatile team. if messi were to injure himself, they would have enough options in attack to cope.

Last edited:
HSC

javier hernandez (unknown) and milan jovanovic moving to man utd and livo respectively..

kyokaku92

HSC

but if messi can help Argentina to claim the WC this year, talk of him being the best player ever will start to gain serious momentum

I'm starting to think Messi is being over-glorified by the media. For god's sake he's only 22 and been in professional football for like... 5 yrs? To be on the same level as Maradona and Pele right now is a joke, you could say the same for other players like Kaka, C Ronaldo, Rooney etc.etc. It's way too early to start comparing knowing he can still be playing for another 15 yrs and then after he retires a legend we can start comparing based on his abilities, accomplishments, trophies etc etc.

johony

HSC

fowler to SFC, finally a marquee worth caring about

also rugby/AFL (okay, some) idiots have no idea how to run the a-league. going to shit at the moment with gold coast folding, north queensland pretty much having no players atm and nothing being done about a 'b-league' for ex-NSL clubs; south melbourne are apparently going to play in the singapore FA cup next season because there is limited opportunities to do much more, other than play state league.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

spurs: kranjcar, modric, defoe
villa: agbonlahor,ADDING a few prospects...Milner, Young,
everton: arteta, cahill, fellaini, baines, rodwell, bilyaletdinov.

there's a few that pop into my head.

Okay. These players are quality EPL players but NONE of them are world-class talents like Fabregas, Drogba, Torres, Lampard.

Although, Rodwell has a bright future ahead of him. Milner will be a very useful player for both England and his future club. Young is showing his ability but he is yet to take that next step.
i never said that those list of players were world class, i was saying these players would be able to make it into a top 4 club.

LordPc

HSC

I'm starting to think Messi is being over-glorified by the media. For god's sake he's only 22 and been in professional football for like... 5 yrs? To be on the same level as Maradona and Pele right now is a joke, you could say the same for other players like Kaka, C Ronaldo, Rooney etc.etc. It's way too early to start comparing knowing he can still be playing for another 15 yrs and then after he retires a legend we can start comparing based on his abilities, accomplishments, trophies etc etc.
i think thats the thing. he is only 22 yet he has accomplished so much. for one he leads the barcelona attack, who IMO are the best offensive team in the world. he's won loads of awards, (Ballon d'Or, world player of the year, + others), he gpt a stack of trophies with barca last year.

no ones saying that messi is already the best in history, but at 22 he is already more successful than most players ever will be, and if he claims the WC, then what else is left?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

i think thats the thing. he is only 22 yet he has accomplished so much. for one he leads the barcelona attack, who IMO are the best offensive team in the world. he's won loads of awards, (Ballon d'Or, world player of the year, + others), he gpt a stack of trophies with barca last year.

no ones saying that messi is already the best in history, but at 22 he is already more successful than most players ever will be, and if he claims the WC, then what else is left?
totally agree. (22! he's 2yrs older than me :p hehe)
but really i dont think age matters, its just about how you play and if you can play or not. messi is good - end of story

Charizard

HSC

i never said that those list of players were world class, i was saying these players would be able to make it into a top 4 club.
kranjcar, defoe, cahill, baines, rodwell, bilyaletdinov would never make a top 4 team, besides maybe a bit part player.

The others would probably be squaddies. Only modric and Arteta would be starters i'd imagine.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

kranjcar, defoe, cahill, baines, rodwell, bilyaletdinov would never make a top 4 team, besides maybe a bit part player.

The others would probably be squaddies. Only modric and Arteta would be starters i'd imagine.
Baines >>> Insua
and insua is basically a starter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)