The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

Roy9

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

kranjcar, defoe, cahill, baines, rodwell, bilyaletdinov would never make a top 4 team, besides maybe a bit part player.

The others would probably be squaddies. Only modric and Arteta would be starters i'd imagine.
I agree except for Rodwell, I can definitely see him being a good enough player to make it at a top club in a few years (although I hope he stays)

ATAR_boy

HSC

javier hernandez (unknown) and milan jovanovic moving to man utd and livo respectively..
The Man Utd signing of Javier Hernandez for 6 million is questionable. Will he fit into the attacking set-up of United or is this a hint towards Berbatov possibly moving on in the next transfer window?

From what ESPN has said, Javier has 4 caps for Mexico and 4 goals for Mexico. Ferguson already has: Rooney; Mame Diouf (22); Park (28 years old); Macheda (18); Welbeck (19); Joshua King (18), Obertan (20) as attacking options..did they really need to spend for another youthful attacker? :)

ATAR_boy

HSC

Baines >>> Insua
and insua is basically a starter
Baines isnt that good. And you can't compare them as Insua is 5 years younger, hence 5 years of less experience in the EPL.

When Insua is 26 and if he stays at Liverpool, he will be far better than Baines was. Btw, To all Liverpool supporters, the question is: 'How will Benitez aid liverpool into losing one of the easiest European cup finals?' :tongue:

Fulham VS Hamburg (Petric should provide the goals)
A.Madrid VS Liverpool (Without Aguero at Vicente Calderon, its going to be a much weakened attack; Torres' home-coming to his Boyhood club)

Predicted Final: Hamburg VS Liverpool....Result: Liverpool wins Europa League.

ATAR_boy

HSC

I agree except for Rodwell, I can definitely see him being a good enough player to make it at a top club in a few years (although I hope he stays)
Moyes must do everything in-order to keep Rodwell at Everton. According to IMscouting.com (how reliable is this site :confused:), Ferguson has hinted that Jack may be the player to take over from Scholes at Utd...hence Everton should receive 25-30 million :sun:

LordPc

HSC

Btw, To all Liverpool supporters, the question is: 'How will Benitez aid liverpool into losing one of the easiest European cup finals?' :tongue:

Fulham VS Hamburg (Petric should provide the goals)
A.Madrid VS Liverpool (Without Aguero at Vicente Calderon, its going to be a much weakened attack; Torres' home-coming to his Boyhood club)

Predicted Final: Hamburg VS Liverpool....Result: Liverpool wins Europa League.
its the most logical series of events. the way this season has gone, i doubt things will go that smoothly. torres will probably do his knee in when he steps of the team bus before the first game or something like that

wont mean much though. winning europa league = qualify for the europa league, which isnt what we really want

kyokaku92

HSC

i think thats the thing. he is only 22 yet he has accomplished so much. for one he leads the barcelona attack, who IMO are the best offensive team in the world. he's won loads of awards, (Ballon d'Or, world player of the year, + others), he gpt a stack of trophies with barca last year.

no ones saying that messi is already the best in history, but at 22 he is already more successful than most players ever will be, and if he claims the WC, then what else is left?
True, he will possibly go down as the most successful player in history and there are already many polls asking whether Messi is on the same level as Pele and Maradona. He could always challenge himself and move to the Premier League or Serie A(highly doubt as he has been with Barca as a teenager but it would be awesome)

kyokaku92

HSC

its the most logical series of events. the way this season has gone, i doubt things will go that smoothly. torres will probably do his knee in when he steps of the team bus before the first game or something like that

wont mean much though. winning europa league = qualify for the europa league, which isnt what we really want
Don't Europa League winners enter the playoffs for the Champions League group stage?

LordPc

HSC

Don't Europa League winners enter the playoffs for the Champions League group stage?
winner of europa league qualifies for next years europa league

except if they qualify for champions league through their league position

thats how i understand it (even though i think its stupid)

ATAR_boy

HSC

winner of europa league qualifies for next years europa league

except if they qualify for champions league through their league position

thats how i understand it (even though i think its stupid)
Thats correct.

How bout if Liverpool win the Europa League (automatic qualification to Europa League) and finish in a Europa League position? If this happens, does the team who finished 8th in the EPL take one of the 3 spots? :confused:

kyokaku92

HSC

Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

The FA cup is staying at the Bridge :sun:

Now that the season is coming to an end, who do you reckon will get relegated (apart from Pompey)

Hull?
West Ham?
Burnley?
Wolves?

Personally I think Burnley will survive and West Ham to drop with Hull

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Thats correct.

How bout if Liverpool win the Europa League (automatic qualification to Europa League) and finish in a Europa League position? If this happens, does the team who finished 8th in the EPL take one of the 3 spots? :confused:
Nope.
A similar sort of thing happened for the champions league qualification spots in 2004-05 when everton came 4th but since liverpool, who missed the champions league spot in the same year won the champions league, everton were forced down to the uefa cup in the following year.

Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa

The FA cup is staying at the Bridge :sun:

Personally I think Burnley will survive and West Ham to drop with Hull
:):):):) FA cup and Premier league double hopefully

But Burnley will not survive. Laws has lost the faith of his players and the fans. Their victory today was their first away win of the season. But ever since coyle left, they have been terrible.

Roy9

HSC

Nope.
A similar sort of thing happened for the champions league qualification spots in 2004-05 when everton came 4th but since liverpool, who missed the champions league spot in the same year won the champions league, everton were forced down to the uefa cup in the following year.
Only because we lost the qualifier against Villarreal

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Only because we lost the qualifier against Villarreal
Ah ok. So then if theres 5 english teams through to the CL, how do they choose which team to remove from the qualifiers assuming the winners take their spot?

Roy9

HSC

Ah ok. So then if theres 5 english teams through to the CL, how do they choose which team to remove from the qualifiers assuming the winners take their spot?
I don't understand what you said

Don't the CL winners get automatic qualification to the tournament the season after? If so, if we beat Villarreal in that 2 legged qualifier than there would've been 5 English teams in the competition that season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)