The Football Thread (6 Viewers)

LordPc

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

I don't understand what you said

Don't the CL winners get automatic qualification to the tournament the season after? If so, if we beat Villarreal in that 2 legged qualifier than there would've been 5 English teams in the competition that season
i think that rule came only came into effect after liverpool won UCL and came 5th

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

I don't understand what you said

Don't the CL winners get automatic qualification to the tournament the season after? If so, if we beat Villarreal in that 2 legged qualifier than there would've been 5 English teams in the competition that season
Liverpool had to play in the qualifiers but wouldn't their entry mean that they take the spot of another team that has qualified?

HSC

Liverpool had to play in the qualifiers but wouldn't their entry mean that they take the spot of another team that has qualified?
no. like roy9 said, there would've been 5 eng teams in the cl group stages had everton beat villarreal in the qualifiers.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A

wow all of the english teams are knocked out of the UCL

barca for the win

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

barca for the win
doesnt surprise me. but obviously we'd want our english team to win.. since theyre not in there. obviously im gonna go for barca. its my firefox skin lol

gunnerz

HSC

Interestingly enough

Portsmouth are eligible to play in the Europa League next season because they made the FA Cup final

but can't play because uefa denied them a uefa licence since the club is in administration

ATAR_boy

HSC

barca for the win
UCL predictions:

Barca to thrash Inter at Camp Nou --> doesnt matter if Julio Cesar is in goal, Messi has just scored his 40th of the season.

If Lyon wins first-leg then they should progress to the final. Even though Bayern have Ribery & Robben, it may not be enough. :)

ATAR_boy

HSC

Interestingly enough

Portsmouth are eligible to play in the Europa League next season because they made the FA Cup final

but can't play because uefa denied them a uefa licence since the club is in administration
Yess. Pompey are going to appeal this decision. Although, I think Uefa states that you need to submit a squad list of 18-25 players which I doubt Pompey will be able to fulfill.

On another note, I reckon any EPL team in the lower-half of the table should look at Kevin-Prince Boateng, Frederic Piquionne & John Utaka as they are players who have put in above-par performances. :rofl:

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Yess. Pompey are going to appeal this decision. Although, I think Uefa states that you need to submit a squad list of 18-25 players which I doubt Pompey will be able to fulfill.

On another note, I reckon any EPL team in the lower-half of the table should look at Kevin-Prince Boateng, Frederic Piquionne & John Utaka as they are players who have put in above-par performances. :rofl:
Why not? They have a youth and reserve team still.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

Interestingly enough

wait, so a relegated team would be eligable for european football? that doesn't make sense at all. so millwall was eligible back in 04 (or whichever year it was)?

LordPc

HSC

id be disappointed to see a lyon v inter final when i could see a bayern v barca final

ATAR_boy

HSC

atletico madrid for europa!!
I'm going for Athletico Madrid as they have had a very unstable season and finally, they seem to be on-track.

Athletico has to draw/win at Anfield or I doubt that they will progress to the final, particularly as the spearhead of their attack (KUN AGUERO) is suspended for 1st leg.

As for the other semi, Come on Hamburg! C'mon Ruud, score a few more goals!! :uhhuh:

ATAR_boy

HSC

id be disappointed to see a lyon v inter final when i could see a bayern v barca final
A Lyon VS Inter Final would be so boring.

The Bayern VS Barcelona final would be breath-taking, but if you think about it, Lyon have been trying to follow Barcelona's flowing & attacking style to a certain degree.b:hammer:

kyokaku92

HSC

Let's just say whoever wins the Inter/Barca semi will most likely win the final against Lyon/Bayern

On the other hand, I like underdogs and I'd like to see Fulham make the final (sorry Hamburg) of the Europa League

Woot!! Chelsea 4 pts ahead of Utd. As long as we don't lose to Spurs or Liverpool, the premiership is returning to Stamford Bridge

LordPc

HSC

messi, messi, messi. keep your mouth shut. is fabregas going to play for barca before he retires? probably. but dont bring yourself down the level of WAGs by adding to the speculating like that, its unfair for fab, wenger and arsenal fans alike

ATAR_boy

HSC

Let's just say whoever wins the Inter/Barca semi will most likely win the final against Lyon/Bayern

On the other hand, I like underdogs and I'd like to see Fulham make the final (sorry Hamburg) of the Europa League

Woot!! Chelsea 4 pts ahead of Utd. As long as we don't lose to Spurs or Liverpool, the premiership is returning to Stamford Bridge
Woot! I don't really like Spurs or Gunners but what a goal by Danny Rose on his full-debut! Now its a two-horse race for the EPL title. IF Adebayor chose to stay at Arsenal, they would of won the North-London Derby.

Chelsea are doing alright but they are a bit tooo reliant on Didier & Lampard...let Joe Cole play instead of Ballack/Kalou. Ballack's been below-par at Chelsea, maybe a move back to Germany is best for him. :cool: Zhirkov is finally getting settled into the LB/LWB position, all he needs to do is replicate his CSKA form until end of season. :cool:

HSC

my prediction: chelsea lose to livo, draw with spurs, man utd to win all remaining games and snare the premiership. please dont quote me..im biased

forlan>aguero

samwell

HSC

hope utd lose/draw at city
probably chelsea will narrowly win the london derby the livpool game is the only worry...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)