The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Roy9

HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Man Utd usually embarass Tottenham and I expect the same thing to happen again when they meet at OT

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Man, I love your optimism but I reckon if we don't win our last 3 games, it's over... god this pressure is killing me but at the same time it's exciting

If Torres plays, it'll be tough. If not, I reckon we can pull a victory at Anfield given they are no longer in contention for 4th place

If Utd win again it will be the darkest day in English Football
Do you think liverpool would deliberately throw the game considering they're pretty much out of the race for 4th and guaranteed europa league next season?
I can honestly see them rest a their first teamers given they have nothing to gain from the game and the europa league to play for.

ATAR_boy

HSC

Man Utd usually embarass Tottenham and I expect the same thing to happen again when they meet at OT
Yes. But Usually, Tottenham lose against the Gunners and they seem to be in-form at the correct time of the season.

Will Spurs choke yet again, as 4th spot is for them to loose.

Also, can Everton win their last 3 and qualify for Europa League? :uhhuh:

ATAR_boy

HSC

if utd win their remaining 3 matches and chelsea draw 1..utd will be 1st regardless of goal difference :headbang:
Considering how screwed up this season has been, whichever team wins the title will do it on their last game of the season.

Did anyone see Fabianski's gift to Titus 'I was regarded as England's future CB at the age of 19' Bramble. If Arsenal wants to win any trophy, Wenger should open his purse. :cool:

ATAR_boy

HSC

Man, I love your optimism but I reckon if we don't win our last 3 games, it's over... god this pressure is killing me but at the same time it's exciting

If Torres plays, it'll be tough. If not, I reckon we can pull a victory at Anfield given they are no longer in contention for 4th place

If Utd win again it will be the darkest day in English Football
Great news: Torres is out for the season :cool:

This will even up the Europa League tie. Sadly Torres won't get his spanish homecoming :cry:

gunnerz

HSC

Considering how screwed up this season has been, whichever team wins the title will do it on their last game of the season.

Did anyone see Fabianski's gift to Titus 'I was regarded as England's future CB at the age of 19' Bramble. If Arsenal wants to win any trophy, Wenger should open his purse. :cool:
I know! Wenger is such a tight ass

Arsenal what a disgrace at least i can take solace with the arrival of chamakh looking certain(thats even a free transfer)

but wholesome changes must be made to the defence and a new goalkeeper

gunnerz

HSC

This will even up the Europa League tie. Sadly Torres won't get his spanish homecoming :cry:
this is the second time injury has denied him of his homecoming

kyokaku92

HSC

All I can say is, "Wow!!" A lot of crazy stuff is happening in the EPL lately.....

Go Spurs this weekend....

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Yes. But Usually, Tottenham lose against the Gunners and they seem to be in-form at the correct time of the season.

Will Spurs choke yet again, as 4th spot is for them to loose.

Also, can Everton win their last 3 and qualify for Europa League? :uhhuh:
As long as they win their match against city, they'll be fine. City seem to fall to sleep at the last minute...

HSC

spurs can actually go for 3rd..7 pts behind gunners with a game in hand..

ATAR_boy

HSC

I know! Wenger is such a tight ass

Arsenal what a disgrace at least i can take solace with the arrival of chamakh looking certain(thats even a free transfer)

but wholesome changes must be made to the defence and a new goalkeeper
Current Arsenal Defence (First-Choice & Subs):

-----------Almunia------------------

Sagna (Eboue)--------Vermaelan (Silvestre)-------Gallas (Campbell)--------Clichy (Traore/Eastmond)

1. Silvestre's legs are just too old to survive late counter-attacks (Sell Him)
Solution: Buy One of Ajax's promising defenders (Alderwield OR Vertongen for 8-15 million...Hmm, another Vermaelan? :eek:)

2. Fabianski isn't ready to challenge for #1 Goalie, neither is Mannone, although in 3-4 seasons, they should be. Buy Hart or players like Julio Sergio/Manninger/De Sanctis (they are a bit old but have been in good form throughout the Serie A season)

Probable Arsenal Defence (With $25 million of reinforcement):

--------------------------Hart----------------------

Sagna (Alderwield)----------Vermaelan (Vertongen)----Gallas (Campbell)-----Clichy

ATAR_boy

HSC

spurs can actually go for 3rd..7 pts behind gunners with a game in hand..
Seems possible. Good news for England --> Dawson may get call-up for World Cup. He would be a good option, particularly as Woodgate, King (He is a solid defender but the long-term injury may be a liability for England), Lescott, Upson have not been that good in the EPL this season. :eek:

HSC

i wanted inter to win..and they did (big sneijder fan)
hoping for inter vs bayern in final..

ATAR_boy

HSC
HSC

I thought it was 71%...Report: Internazionale vs Barcelona - UEFA Champions League - ESPN Soccernet

Barca were okay but Iniesta was a missing link. Inter played brilliant, on this performance, it is clear that Mourinho is the special one.

Unless Messi & Zlatan can produce something out of the ordinary, It is safe to say that Inter are through to the final. :party:
UEFA.com - UEFA Champions League 2010 - Internazionale-Barcelona

the tie is not over yet..barca has a good chance of winning 2-0 at home

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)