the HTA prize thing (1 Viewer)

Yami

I envy you, Whitey. But I thought that X-History, as a one unit subject, is marked out of 50? Unless you mean that your school gets at least 45/50 for HSC (90% equivalent).

I apologise for my comment on last year's HTA prizewinners being a joke. I said it wrong (stupid me). What I meant to say is that many people (malayz_angel for example - no offence!) think that 'there is no way I could do that', when comparing their essays to the HTA prizewinners. You can, if you try. If you win, that means that must have done a lot of hard work, which anyone else could have done. I didn't mean to bag out the winners. All I meant was that winning the HTA prize isn't as impossible as it seems.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Pogmahaugn
i just dont understand how 14 of 25 students could get full marks in the essay, doesnt that defeat the purpose of internal assesment - i.e. determining a ranking of students from best to worst....

our school is generally one of the top in the state in history, and we had two marks in the 30s, when the project was out of 40, and the rest in the 20s.
Many people get full marks for their major works, only having two marks in the thirties doesn't indicate the high standard you seem to be reporting your school to have.

It doesn't matter if you have a heap of people equal, it just means their HSC results will be similar (and that doesn't matter?).

In the end it all comes down to the exams, and this is where the ability is sorted out. You could have produced an awesome major project and get poor marks, or vice versa. The project does not have that much standing when it comes to determining HSC marks for this course.

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Yami
All I meant was that winning the HTA prize isn't as impossible as it seems. [/B]
Not unless you'd *cough cough* left everything until the last minute and skipped a coupla periods to research and type on the date of your deadline...

Yami

Ohhh....tsk tsk tsk. I thought you were better than that *shakes head* Well, now I have a bit more of a chance to win the prize...

Katgurl

do any of you know when the deadline is for the comp. coz my teacher said she was going to enter the top two but she has not done anything about it yet.... i will be really annoyed if she doesn't even bother to enter them

pinksugar

our teacher just entered the top 2 students in our class... 85 % is a really good mark! our teachers marked really hard... I got like.. 77% for the trial, but 100% for my proposal.. all the teachers in our trial marked hard.. I normally get 90% for ancient and I got 74%! our crazy school...

anyway! mine got entered into the prize thingamabob, so thats good! but if the top marks were around 80?! that is prolly not so good, hee hee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)