• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the 'I HATE SUPRE' thread (1 Viewer)

girloflowers

HSC
i get a bunch of plain stuff- singlets, tshirts etc there. and leggings for drama performance :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
well i bought 4x$2.50 summery cotton dresses from bathurst supre about a month ago, and i love them all!

i got the same tie up shift dress in navy and red, a sailor-ish white pinstripe dress with navy pockets and a black dropped waist dress.

oh, and my best friend's mum used to model for supre catalogues at age 35... i remember seeing the photos and the clothes were awful!

if you dont like the slogan shirts, then don't buy them. i personally wait until they're under $5 then buy the biggest sizes to wear to bed and the gym.

as yet i have a yellow "my hips don't lie", a white "i <3 my hubby", a white "fully sik bro" and my personal favourite, a pink "SLUT: i just can't say no"

TEAM SUPRE!

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
Rebekkie said:
i hate that they have such a massive, visually obtrusive store right in the middle of the city :(
honestly tourists must think it's awesome

like when i go overseas and i see a trashy store that sells items cheap i get excited as lol

as for supre
they have some good selected items
i bought this gorgeous little white sundress from there
and singlets etc are always good!
supres not too bad

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
katietheskatie said:
.. there's actually a shirt that says that?

I think the worst I've seen was one that had "I wish these were brains" written across the boobs, I dont even know if it was supre or not.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
It used to be awful but lately it's become... decent. That is, usually I can find a top or a dress or two that I'd wear, albeit probably not in the way the mannequins are.
Unfortunately with this escalation in decency it's also become a little bit more expensive, and I'm not a fan of paying $60 or $70 for a dress.
But I think that's just because I'm a cheaparse.
Much the same with Valleygirl, Temt etc.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
yeh i hate the fact that theyve put prices up and the clothes are still shit quality

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
housah0lic said:
honestly tourists must think it's awesome

like when i go overseas and i see a trashy store that sells items cheap i get excited as lol

as for supre
they have some good selected items
i bought this gorgeous little white sundress from there
and singlets etc are always good!
supres not too bad
I do that every time I see a shop selling dirt cheap clothes- buy tonnes of them. I also like the five dollar shirt piles at Jay Jays, most of my shirts are from there... or an op shop :D (I am too cheap to buy decent stuff)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Strawbaby said:
It used to be awful but lately it's become... decent. That is, usually I can find a top or a dress or two that I'd wear, albeit probably not in the way the mannequins are.
Unfortunately with this escalation in decency it's also become a little bit more expensive, and I'm not a fan of paying $60 or $70 for a dress.
But I think that's just because I'm a cheaparse.
Much the same with Valleygirl, Temt etc.
Yeah it's getting better. Would still only buy their most basic things but I don't have to be visually assaulted quite so violently by all the other stuff in there while I'm doing it

Valleygirl and temt have always been pretty okay imo. Between them and the aforementioned jay jays bargain table I've got uni clothes sorted for not much money which is always good :D Prefer to save the cashmonies for decent going out attire anyway

kthxbambi

HSC
Supre is ok, like i definitally agree that if you were a parent its the perfect place to shop, and young girls WANT Supre clothes, so it works well for 'rents.
but personally i dont shop there because everything FROM Supre just SCREAMS Supre. its all bold, boring, cheaply made and not very well cut either.

they were charging $60 for an oversize knit jumper
which was made of cheap fabric and looked ok, but not worth $60
and you can get alot better things for maybe $80, which is only $20 more, and worth it

...but then im a hardcore General Pants devotee

HSC
overrated and ugly. I realised this after year 7 (time of social conformity for acceptance)

the close look cheap and unoriginal.

lucy-bubs

HSC
AHHHHH do not get me started on supre
the clothes are ver very very poor quality and it is all made of that revulting strechy cotton material, spend a liitle more money and get something that looks good AND is going to last
The staff are all sluts, the stores always look tacky as all fuck
Try going into there and buying a skirt that isnt going give everybody a full view if u bend over and a top that doesnt have ur tits hanging out

WHO WHOULD honestly want to wear this shit???

luisalow1

HSC
PaleReflection said:
Some of the clothing is actually all right, my contempt is directed more towards its staff, clientele and the horrific music they play at the loudest volume possible.
yeah i agree.

if the store threatens you, then you mustn't be dressing that much above it.

7oas7y

HSC
Can someone confirm that Supré means 'slut' in French? I can't be stuffed Googling it...

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I walked past supre the other day and saw they had a "beached as" t-shirt and I got so angry.

I'm preparing for the 13 year old skanks to be walking around with it who think the t-shirt is supporting sunbaking or some shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)