The "I'm Fat" Friend - annoying! (1 Viewer)

beardedwoman

HSC
Nutritional advice: What you are doing is so bad for your health!(Before you acuse me of not knowing what its like, I have been helping my b/f lose weight, like most he tried to cut out meals etc and was really misinformed about nutrition. He now says he wishes that he knew the things he did, cutting out meals makes it much harder) Cutting out meals IS NOT the way to lose weight and can actually make you gain weight! When you consume too little kjs your body goes into starvation mode and actually turns what you eat into fat, hording it because it doesn't know when it will next get food. Please do yourself a favour and look up what the accepted minimum daily intake for a person of your size and activity level. 5-6 small meals a day is a much better option

Re your friends: Tell your friends to stop being immature and sensitive, tell them if they say they feel fat IMAGINE how bad it makes you feel. Your friends should be supportive, tell them you want help, tell them what they do now impedes your efforts.

Please eat, you need good food not NO food!
^this.

Not only that, with the lack of intake of food, your metabolism slows down too so it doesn't really help.

It's definitely much better to have smaller meals in addition to exercise. Or just stop taking shortcuts when walking or something. I know this sounds cliché but it's damn true.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
*omg, im so fat, look at how fat i am! i disgust me!* and/or *omg, im so skinny* and/or *my boobs are so smalll* ect ect ect and all variations on this line of blatantly stupid statements are called attention seeking behaviours, fishing for compliments- call it what you will. People make these kind of comments with the aim of everyone else responding *omg, you so totally are not/ do not/are perfect* play into the bullshit, support their insecurity and you will never hear the end of it. best way to stop that kind of crapola, it to respond with exactly what they dont want you to say, with as much sarcasm as you can muster - you and everyone around you -suffering- will already know/see the stupidity of the whiney persons statement and hopefully the whiner will too. Call their bluff for what it is.
eg:
"OMG! I am like so , like totally like fat, im like a size-000! how big are my things!"
To which you should reply:
"why yes, you are enormous! now that you mention it your thighs are akin to baby whales! are you sure your not pregnant? dear god, i am so disgusted right now. we cant be friends anymore." remember -sarcasm ,or you are just a total bitch
:)
worked for me more than once, iano

totallyconfused

HSC
*omg, im so fat, look at how fat i am! i disgust me!* and/or *omg, im so skinny* and/or *my boobs are so smalll* ect ect ect and all variations on this line of blatantly stupid statements are called attention seeking behaviours, fishing for compliments- call it what you will. People make these kind of comments with the aim of everyone else responding *omg, you so totally are not/ do not/are perfect* play into the bullshit, support their insecurity and you will never hear the end of it. best way to stop that kind of crapola, it to respond with exactly what they dont want you to say, with as much sarcasm as you can muster - you and everyone around you -suffering- will already know/see the stupidity of the whiney persons statement and hopefully the whiner will too. Call their bluff for what it is.
eg:
"OMG! I am like so , like totally like fat, im like a size-000! how big are my things!"
To which you should reply:
"why yes, you are enormous! now that you mention it your thighs are akin to baby whales! are you sure your not pregnant? dear god, i am so disgusted right now. we cant be friends anymore." remember -sarcasm ,or you are just a total bitch
:)
worked for me more than once, iano
Agree 100% - attention seeking. I have a super skinny friend - who knows she is - yet quite often she'll bring on the "omg i'm so fat" phrase out - just cos she's fishing for compliments.

Her: "Omg I'm so fat" *puts her hands intentionally around her stomach to emphasise how FLAT it is*
Me: "Ok" (knowing what she's trying to do)
Her: "Didn't you hear me, I said I'm so fat, do you think I'm fat??" *waits for compliments*

And then she will continue to say that (and I will continue to ignore) until someone else tells her she's really hot and skinny, and say that it's not her but themselves who are "fat".

Then she'll just giggle and say "awww thanks, so sweet", and tell everyone about some hot guys who told her she's got a nice figure and is skinny. Then she'll happily start a new conversation with the phrase "wow I'm so skinny". HUH??

She loves especially to call herself fat around actually overweight people like me - cos it gives her sadistic pleasure from putting others down, and making them depressed while she's happy. :burn:

Anyway, enough grumbling lol =)

musing

HSC
Agree 100% - attention seeking. I have a super skinny friend - who knows she is - yet quite often she'll bring on the "omg i'm so fat" phrase out - just cos she's fishing for compliments.

Her: "Omg I'm so fat" *puts her hands intentionally around her stomach to emphasise how FLAT it is*
Me: "Ok" (knowing what she's trying to do)
Her: "Didn't you hear me, I said I'm so fat, do you think I'm fat??" *waits for compliments*

And then she will continue to say that (and I will continue to ignore) until someone else tells her she's really hot and skinny, and say that it's not her but themselves who are "fat".

Then she'll just giggle and say "awww thanks, so sweet", and tell everyone about some hot guys who told her she's got a nice figure and is skinny. Then she'll happily start a new conversation with the phrase "wow I'm so skinny". HUH??

She loves especially to call herself fat around actually overweight people like me - cos it gives her sadistic pleasure from putting others down, and making them depressed while she's happy. :burn:

Anyway, enough grumbling lol =)
I hate those kind of people - a friend that makes you feel like shit so they can feel better about themselves.

Lydia_88

HSC
those friends should never be you friends in the first place. like others have said, run away, turn your backs on them....

those insecurities will be played against them...like karma....worse if it is in a girls' school, ESPECIALLY PRIVATE

i must say though, that i really enjoyed reading this thread......listening to all your vents etc....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)