the John Mayer thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

mizosoup

HSC
Crapola - according to AllAccess.com, Waiting On The World To Change has an impact date of July 10th!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
2ndbest said:
guys go on www.myspace.com/johnmayer and his "waiting on the world" is on there, and if you're naughty (john himself permits this) it is on the internet to be downloaded, haven't stopped listening to it, and they say Continuum is going to be out September 12th! John stop pushing the date back! you're killing us!
oh god i love him.

mizosoup

HSC
Nah, it actually is Sept 12...being he said it himself and its being announced on radio stations in the US and stuff

Waiting on the World to Change - people have ripped it from myspace and crap so yeah

I dunno abt Waiting...I can't help smiling, not because I reckon its awesome, but more b/c I kinda wanna laugh... I feel like I should feel bad for thinking that.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
He kinda strains his voice in that song. Like its at the top of his lungs but its not.

I dunno. I think I love anything by John by default but this song is meh. I smile too though, just refreshing to hear something new anyway.

mizosoup, I feel we need to extend this semi-aquaintence/friendship into an msn thing. We can drool and bitch and love John together.

stef__h@hotmail.com

mizosoup

HSC
its ok John said his fans were allowed to
when and where? as far as i know, its only live tapings that are ok, not COPYRIGHTED studio stuff

stef, i just added you

mizosoup

HSC
From jm.com

WEDNESDAY, JULY 5, 2006

THE CONTINUUM TRACK LISTING

Waiting On The World To Change
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Belief
Gravity
The Heart of Life
Vultures
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Stop This Train
Bold As Love
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
In Repair
I'm Gonna Find Another You

Have at it, humps!!

POSTED BY JOHN MAYER AT 12:51 PM FROM LOS ANGELES, CA

I'm pumped!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Beautiful. I know a lot of these songs already and now have the sound of this album in my head, what a beautfiul combination of songs.

It's gonna be a great album.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Okay

so cute <3

just try and tell me this isn't hot

Also, I do believe my signature right now is awesomely hot

Last edited:

mizosoup

HSC
This excites me

From www.myspace.com/johnmayer

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Continuum First Listen

Isn't it strange how these days, the last thing you hear by a band is their record? You hear the live acoustic performances, the "bonus content", the late night TV appearances - but sometimes you've had enough before you even make it to the one piece of work that all those other performances were meant to cater to...

Not this boy. I want you to hear my new music the old fashioned way.

On the radio.

Wednesday, August 23, on STAR 98.7 in Los Angeles, I'll be DJing my ENTIRE ALBUM, front to back. Time is TBA, but it should be sometime around the drive time (5ish PST). For anyone heading out to the shows that take place before the official release, now you have the material to bone up on so that you have maximum show enjoyment.

You can also listen to the record LIVE on STAR 98.7's web site.

A week later, the record will be made available on other radio stations. Check with your local Nickelback provider to see if they're carryinig it.

Remember when you used to tape the radio? No? Well I used to. It was fun.

Who wants to listen to music on Windows Media Player. BUFFERING...28*Yuck. No faster download than FM.

I just want you to hear my music. Is that so wrong?

That's 10am Thurs 24th, Sydney time. Perfect. I don't have to be at uni til 1 that day. Whee!!!!!! :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Yeah, I know it's practically blasphemy in this thread but does anyone notice how similar Teddy Geiger SOUNDS and LOOKS and PERFORMS like John Mayer??...urgh..

Music singles out the important difference though. John Mayer >>> Teddy G

piecheck

HSC
N/A
Oh damn, the 9th?? wooot!! omg i farking <3 John Mayer, i can't w8 till he comes to Aus to tour for continuum!! :D ..oh man teddy geiger is nothing compared to john mayer, his lyrics are erm kinda crap like .. "if i could dim the lights in the mall and create a mood, i would" or "i could fall alseep in your eyes, like a water bed"- wtf, lmfao..u can tell he's young and his music is..ahahaha no where near the greatness of John Mayer's stuff... Stop This Train is LOVE :)

mizosoup

HSC
bustinjustin said:
OMG BREAKING NEWS HE'S COMING IN OCTOBER!
Wait a mom...where'd you get this info? I've checked the usual places (ticketek, ticketmaster, jm.com, chugg, coppel, msm...) and haven't found anything. Do you know something we don't know??
Argh..I'll die if he comes to aus in October!

mizosoup

HSC
DAMN this album is good! Especially the Heart of Life. Can't wait til i have it in my hands in 2 weeks time...
Anyone else catch the stream?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)