• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The joke that isn't (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
im scared to play this game. what if it steals my life away? oh wait, i dont have a life. nonetheless, im afraid to play it.
Haha, its easy to control it, after about mid Feb I'll be pretty much stopping because of uni and stuff, but enjoying it while I can :) Always fun to go into places and die with people.

HSC
N/A
:( time to get a new laptop or a cheap tower and monitor Jamie (yes! it's true! Lynn now knows what a tower is!!! *cheers for self*)

I got one for about $200, you see cheap ones advertised around campus all the time.

In other bright and shining news my brother has said he "needs to buy an expansion for his account", so I don't have to worry so much about "saving" my current one for our old account. But he won't call up the hotline :( therefore it could be a long time till I get my 60 back, and EVERYONE is telling me about how cool the new lands and the quest rewards are, dammit! I'm missing out!!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
is it possible to buy a tower and plug it into the laptop so it uses the laptop monitor? I know it's rather unconventional, but just wondering if it would work?

HSC
N/A
probably?

I've heard of it working the other way around as well.

yay my brother's calling the hotline tomorrow morning about our hacked account

and you must join WoW, stas! It's awesome :D Plus it's "leaveable"... a number of uni students including myself take long periods (3 months) off around the tougher parts of uni semester. Then you come back during the holidays :)

HSC
N/A
FUCK FUCK FUCK

got an email from blizz

The person that hacked into our account "exploited the system" somehow. We've been permabanned as a result.

No clue whether they've got any of our messages which we sent before this, either. So they don't know our side of the story. I wish my brother was less lazy and could have been convinced to call up sooner.

Damn it, damn it, damn it. ohhhhh I'm so mad right now

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
lol thats really bad luck there
i used to be pretty hardcore playing WoW, i have a lvl 60 paladin and a 60 warlock, i had a break because of the HSC.

but since the expansion is back now, i'm back to helping level my mates druid (lvl 64 now thank god).

i've leveled alot of characters to 60 pretty much but on different accounts (Gnome mage/human warlock/human paladin/night elf druid).

btw i'll be first year into Macq uni =P but i don't think i would able to play Wow like i used to because of my cadetship and uni. so that kinda sucks :(

also play on the server blackrock, its the coolest and laggiest server around

^___^
HSC
just a quick question

if i do decide to join this WoW Bandwagon..
do i just go and buy burning crusade? or do i need the one before that then get burning crusade?

HSC
N/A
you'll need to buy the actual game, although it's only about $30 now. (even from EB)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Please dont play WoW. We at the Warcraft III servers call it the devil! Come play warcraft III - Free server!!! Bored Aussies! You can add me too I'm mr_zain on the server. And please don't play DotA... just come melee :D

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
nick1048 said:
Please dont play WoW. We at the Warcraft III servers call it the devil! Come play warcraft III - Free server!!! Bored Aussies! You can add me too I'm mr_zain on the server. And please don't play DotA... just come melee :D
Still not over Warcraft III Nick :worried:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bsci, looks like most of us are on proudmoore horde now

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
nick1048 said:
Its the ultimate! WoW is like run around and chop stuff, no real thought - warcraft III is about countering and timing and reflex - skilllllz
Play a rogue, it'll be perfect for you since thats all I seem to be doing

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
And what servers are you all playing on? I need a change and wanna start anew with a different class.

If you don't have a life you can't die :p
I've got some Proudmoore horde/Amun'Thul alliance alts, but until I get get a very complex account scenario sorted out(/until I level to 70 ;)) I'm mostly found on Windrunner server, alliance.

nick said:
countering and timing and reflex
that's still very much in WoW as well, you know :p only some of the melee classes are straight-out chop chop. All the others are pretty engaging to play and have a variety of playing styles (with pet eg lock and hunter, squishie class, etc).

If you really like an "engaging" class you could try a hybrid like the pally, or druid (druid is infinitely more challenging and itemswitch mods will be your best friend).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Proudmoore is such a packed server!
Yeah, hopefully it doesn't split, I think we got rid of enough allies though

HSC
N/A
I'm terrified of realm splits. Like, how do they choose the people who go where, and what will happen to guilds who get broken up?!?!?!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They'll offer them within a time period, which one they want to go to, usually guilds will be 'moved' according to their guild leader. After that its fair game

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
just wondering is there an official guild where umacq's play in? if so what is the server?

thanks

HSC
N/A
technically we were on Amun'Thul in our own guild, but we all kinda went back to our main's guilds anyway... lol (bad timing, the BC was just about to come out so naturally everyone wanted to get their mains ready)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)