The KFC thread (1 Viewer)

yer8899

HSC
i used to work at the piece of shit.

You know you work at KFC when you are able to practice ice skating whilst moving throughout the store

sach1990

HSC
i just got a job there...and ill be starting my shift on monday. ill complete the sentence then ;)

muscleman09

HSC
You know you work at KFC when,

' the manager tells you to pick up the rubbish you threw in the bin '

Oh wait... thats the chicken you eat?

sach1990

HSC
just got the job at KFC and now i get called for an interview with maccas...not sure what to do. its tomorrow. should i take the opportunity? i mean i dont know what kind shifts im gonna get at KFC i mean i know when you start you're on a casual basis but when do they make you part time ? if they will keep me as a casual then i'd take the maccas job but at the moment i dont know. anyone ?

yer8899

HSC
just got the job at KFC and now i get called for an interview with maccas...not sure what to do. its tomorrow. should i take the opportunity? i mean i dont know what kind shifts im gonna get at KFC i mean i know when you start you're on a casual basis but when do they make you part time ? if they will keep me as a casual then i'd take the maccas job but at the moment i dont know. anyone ?
just ask the managers at KFC. the only reason i say this is because not all KFC stores have the same probation periods. but i spose Maccas is the lesser of two shitholes

arcticfox

HSC
Ooo interesting. I'd go for maccas if they're offering better hours (they offer better pay over KFC). Up to you! Tell me how it pans out =) (Btw PT pay is less than casual just incase you didnt know, so you'd get paid less at maccas doing PT than casual at KFC).

sach1990

HSC
well the situation is that i cant really quit KFC now. cos i told them in the interview that i'll be working for a couple of years ...so i just have to decide whether i want to work at maccas or not. btw its just an interview so i dont know if im gonna get a job their for sure. i would love to work at both place but i dont know...what if KFC soon gave me a part time position ? the only thing i can do is to do casual shifts at both place in that way there wont be a clash in shifts. get what i mean ??

BUT anyway the interview was today as i said before and guess what ? i couldnt make it on time. it was at 6pm and i got home around 5.45 from KFC (clash already) so ill have to wait till they call me again.

and about the pay, i dont really give a crap. i just want to work there for an experience. KFC says theyll pay me $13p/h.
i really did want to work at the maccas cos i like maccas better than KFC, i applied for both places at once but KFC offered me a position first.

Last edited:

Kiim2507

HSC
KFC won't give you work as part time, besides why bother? You get more as casual and its so much more flexible. My shifts are basically the same every week anyway,

I wouldn't recomend keeping two jobs in the long term, its probably not worth it. Go for the Maccas interview, see how it goes and wait and see if they offer you a job. If they do you can work there for a while and suss out which one you like better. Don't worry about quitting...at my store they just hired new staff and one of them has quit already lol...no idea why but still they can't legally force you to work.

Omg have you guys got the new boxes coming in with the nutritional infomation on them? They are so friggin sharp on the edges I have about 5 paper cuts from them :(

You know you work at KFC when know what CHAMPS means and understand why the managers get angry if a CHAMPS check is under 90

Raix

HSC
Work at Pizza Hut here. Same family, whatever xD
I kinda already have a bias against macca's. I know a couple of people that work there and their pay sucks. My friend got called up for an interview, got stood up twice, then they told her she'd been rejected. =/

And yay! I get the CHAMPS thing hahaha Since I work at the front, I'm trying to get 100. Just to see what happens. We've been averaging 95-97.

arcticfox

HSC
Oo this thread looks like fun now.

Don't worry about quitting KFC, quit if you have to. I told the managers the same thing, and I'm kinda in a similar position (feeling bad if i leave), but really, they can't force you to stay.

A word of advice though, try and go for PT if you can. I work at a place with maccas next door, and there's an employee who shifted to KFC from there. She was doing casual at maccas, but sometimes they'd give her no shifts, sometimes only a few. It's very unstable. But that really depends on the management, it's up to you whether you choose casual or PT. I think they're very willing for you to do PT, since it means they pay you less. If you want more job security and solid hours, ask for PT at Maccas and KFC. that way, you'll also know that your hours wont clash too (if you're working at both), although at the interview I probably wouldn't tell Maccas you work at KFC since they're competing companies. Maybe try offering half week availability at both, then choose which one you like (or if you'd like to stay at both), and quit the other?

My 2 cents.

sach1990

HSC
thanks for the advice. well i anyway i couldnt make it to the interview the other day. so i guess now im off their list...if they call me again. ill definitely go.

i already work at safeway and kfc...maccas wouldve been my 3rd job. no problems with safeway and kfc now cos i do nightfill at safeway.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hey guys.

Got an interview at KFC. What's the average wage for 15 year old? Probably squat-all, but never the less.

Thanks

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Went for the job interview today. I'll find out within the next week.
Here's some information for you guys looking at KFC for a job.

- Wage is determined by the Union
- Wages are set based on age. Pay may be altered slightly given circumstances
- You get a pay rise every birthday, until you hit 21 years of age (highest wage)
- If you are successful, you have another interview. In this interview the uniform sizes are discussed, and pay (I think), etc.

They asked questions like: "Ever been in a situation where you have done somebody elses work, and how did that make you feel", and general questions like that.

Hope this helps, hehe.

felix15

HSC
when you first start working your on a trainee wage which was only about $7 :mad1:an hour for me, the training lasts for 6 months but then it goes up.

ohdyamo

HSC
Worked there for 3 years during high school and now that I've moved away for uni I only do the occasional shift every few months when I'm back home. I don't know why people hate on KFC much. We've got a good store with awesome managers, everyone knows one another, so shifts are always pretty relaxed and fun. I guess if you have a shit store with shit managers it might be a little different. Customers are morons but you going to get that wherever you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)