The KFC thread (2 Viewers)

-tony-

HSC
i have been there for just over 2yrs now and really dont mind it

its looking good for me too now coz i have just finished exams so i can pretty much work whenever. we also have a new wage agreement so im not really complaining bout the pay anymore $13.80p/h

our current promo is the towers, have had krushers for nearly 6 months i reckon...they have just taken off and we are selling shit loads now

gypo101

HSC
guys could i get ur advice on something?
ive been working at KFC for like a year but i quit in the beginning of february this year (started December, 2007) because i wanted to focus on my studies
i gave them my timed resignation form, two weeks notice etc,
the head manager did not want me to go etc.
now im in a bit of a fix ive just finished high skool and i dont really have a job so wat should i do? i have already applied for coles, woolworths and macdonalds..
should i wait and c how these pan out or just call KFC and beg for my job back, and if i beg for my job back,, how does that work, do i call the manager or reapply or wat
all advice appreciated tyvm

waza_

HSC
It depends on your manager really if you have a good one they'll accept you back

Just call them up and tell them your situation, you just finished your HSC and looking for work then ask them if there's a position available

Kiim2507

HSC
Yeah for sure call them up..I wouldn't beg but just say you've finished your studies and were wondering if there was a possibility of you coming back to work. I doubt they'd say no because you already know how to do most things so I'm sure it would be fine.

A cook at my work just came back after like 2 years lol cos he was looking for work over christmas and couldn't find anything but we really needed staff so it worked out well.

gypo101

HSC
Yeah for sure call them up..I wouldn't beg but just say you've finished your studies and were wondering if there was a possibility of you coming back to work. I doubt they'd say no because you already know how to do most things so I'm sure it would be fine.

A cook at my work just came back after like 2 years lol cos he was looking for work over christmas and couldn't find anything but we really needed staff so it worked out well.
thanx kiim for ur advice, u dont know how much ive been stressing over this...
ill call them up first thing tomorrow morning and ask thanx tonnes

HSC
hey guys, quick question.

my brother is starting at kfc on friday, he was just wanting to know what the first few shifts involves. also, full uniform is provided yeh - even pants.

thanks heaps.

Kiim2507

HSC
hey guys, quick question.

my brother is starting at kfc on friday, he was just wanting to know what the first few shifts involves. also, full uniform is provided yeh - even pants.

thanks heaps.
Hey pretty sure some of the stores do it differently but first shift you're basically a shadow to a staff member. Will he be cooking or serving?

If it's cooking he will be put on a shift with an experienced cook who will show him all the procedures for breading, cleaning, putting chicken in and taking it out of the fryer, all the different buttons etc.

If he's serving the server(s) will most probably show him how to pack all the meals. Then once customers come in they will serve and he will pack for them. We normally show new people how to pack first so they become comfortable with that so when they move onto registers they are already familiar with the items.

He will be with someone else on his shifts for two weeks, then after that they roster you on by yourself. You can always ask the managers or other staff members if you have any dramas though they will be more than happy to help (if you ask nicely and they're in a good mood :p)

However if hes rostered on for a 3 hour shift (and hasn't already done this) he will probably be doing 'Restaurant Basics' where you go through modules with a manager...basically just filling out paperwork. They will also give him a tour of the restaurant and he will receive his uniform.

And yep the uniform they give you is pants, shirt, hat and name badge. Shoes are not included...and I recommend he gets 'tough' shoes especially if he's a cook because they get wrecked so easily and become really gross from all the oil...even servers shoes get really gross cos you're constantly walking through the kitchen/greasy areas.

If he has any other questions let me know...I clearly know way too much =\

HSC
Hey pretty sure some of the stores do it differently but first shift you're basically a shadow to a staff member. Will he be cooking or serving?

If it's cooking he will be put on a shift with an experienced cook who will show him all the procedures for breading, cleaning, putting chicken in and taking it out of the fryer, all the different buttons etc.

If he's serving the server(s) will most probably show him how to pack all the meals. Then once customers come in they will serve and he will pack for them. We normally show new people how to pack first so they become comfortable with that so when they move onto registers they are already familiar with the items.

He will be with someone else on his shifts for two weeks, then after that they roster you on by yourself. You can always ask the managers or other staff members if you have any dramas though they will be more than happy to help (if you ask nicely and they're in a good mood :p)

However if hes rostered on for a 3 hour shift (and hasn't already done this) he will probably be doing 'Restaurant Basics' where you go through modules with a manager...basically just filling out paperwork. They will also give him a tour of the restaurant and he will receive his uniform.

And yep the uniform they give you is pants, shirt, hat and name badge. Shoes are not included...and I recommend he gets 'tough' shoes especially if he's a cook because they get wrecked so easily and become really gross from all the oil...even servers shoes get really gross cos you're constantly walking through the kitchen/greasy areas.

If he has any other questions let me know...I clearly know way too much =\
Thanks heaps. He went for his interview today, they basically hired him on the spot. He's doing 4-9 on Friday, and something else tomorrow to put bank details in etc, so that might be the restaurant basics thing.

I will let him know about the shoes - so just plain black shoes right?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
His very first shift should actually be sitting down for orientation and filling out modules, learning everything from the paper work first. Unless he has done these first, he is not meant to start cooking or serving/packing...

I wish him well. I've been working at my KFC for just over 2 years now. It's not an easy job a lot of the time - but with good workmates and an excellent manager... he should like his job. I wish him well

P.S. What store?

HSC
His very first shift should actually be sitting down for orientation and filling out modules, learning everything from the paper work first. Unless he has done these first, he is not meant to start cooking or serving/packing...

I wish him well. I've been working at my KFC for just over 2 years now. It's not an easy job a lot of the time - but with good workmates and an excellent manager... he should like his job. I wish him well

P.S. What store?
Thank you! He's going to a WA store.

Kiim2507

HSC
Thanks heaps. He went for his interview today, they basically hired him on the spot. He's doing 4-9 on Friday, and something else tomorrow to put bank details in etc, so that might be the restaurant basics thing.

I will let him know about the shoes - so just plain black shoes right?
Yep just plain black like school shoes is fine but I'd recomend getting a different pair if hes still at school

Yeah the thing tomorrow will be RB and friday will be an actual shift. Yeah he has to do orientation as well but it normally depends when they run it...some staff at my store have a few shifts first then go to orientation

Kiim2507

HSC
Ahhhhh fark I'm cooking on friday lol. I've only done one cook shift by myself and that was like 3 months ago. And before that I hadn't cooked for 3 months haha i'm fucked =\ oh well the manager who rostered me on to cook is on that shift so she'll have to help me.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
This is more a KFC related question/rant.

Why have prices for a Large Twister Combo increased again, now $11.40?

KFC prices over the last few years have seemed to increase more so then other fast food places.

Kiim2507

HSC
This is more a KFC related question/rant.

Why have prices for a Large Twister Combo increased again, now $11.40?

KFC prices over the last few years have seemed to increase more so then other fast food places.
That doesn't sound right...should be $8.45 + $1.80 = $10.25. At least at my store thats what it is.

Yeah they have gone up though. Pretty sure they went up to compensate for the grillers. But yeah head offices fault not the stores :p

waza_

HSC
Maybe it's different companies that are being used for chicken etc

I know our KFC are now buying our chicken and chips from different suppliers but even then I havn't really noticed a change in prices

bdude

HSC
I bought a large twister the other day and it was $10.25

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)