The Ladder Theory (1 Viewer)

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
by the way, have you actually applied the ladder theory to real life and found that it is true? i'm curious to know just how much people can relate to it
Yes, on retrospect of some situations of mine everything fit into place.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
But why would you post something? when as you yourself said posting opinions and structured arguements are useless because they will not change most people's mind.
yep...realised it now. but mainly, just cos i' too lazy to bother. i mean, there are people who would post to get a point across. i was one of them, and now, i don't give a crap what you guys think [well, about most things anyway]

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Feel free to leave then? No one is forcing you.
i'm staying purely for you. you are like, totally interesting. i don't want to leave... not even for a second, not even to pee. i count the seconds down to a reply. i await patiently... just so i can imagine you saying those words to me.

[lazy sarcastism - which is why it's so lame. ps. my brain is not working. and don't say that i don't have a brain]

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
really? like which ones?
I have described them in some other threads long ago, and I couldn't be bothered retyping them again.

Let's just say I was on the friends ladder, with no way to get off.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
ps. posting more replies so i can get promoted to the next level of 'membership'. ah... i can't wait. it's so exciting. it'll be such an honour

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
I have described them in some other threads long ago, and I couldn't be bothered retyping them again.

Let's just say I was on the friends ladder, with no way to get off.
aww... oh well. just cos she doesn't love you doesn't mean you guys won't be great friends - and you prob are...but shrugs. can't expect to find the perfect one for you at such a young age. maybe you learned something or gained something positive from this experience?

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
aww... oh well. just cos she doesn't love you doesn't mean you guys won't be great friends - and you prob are...but shrugs. can't expect to find the perfect one for you at such a young age. maybe you learned something or gained something positive from this experience?
Yes, we get along great, I haven't said a single word to her in 10 months, everything is going along just fine.

Oh yeah I certainly learned from it, but nothing that the ladder theory couldn't have told me in advance.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Yes, we get along great, I haven't said a single word to her in 10 months, everything is going along just fine.

Oh yeah I certainly learned from it, but nothing that the ladder theory couldn't have told me in advance.
hehe...doesn't matter. if it wasn't mean to be, then it wasn't meant to be. i'm sure you know/think that someone better will come along someday

but in knowing the ladder theory in advance, how could that have changed things anyway?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Haha so many people shun the ladder theory because they don't want it to be true...

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
hehe...doesn't matter. if it wasn't mean to be, then it wasn't meant to be. i'm sure you know/think that someone better will come along someday

but in knowing the ladder theory in advance, how could that have changed things anyway?
I wouldn't have wasted months in a futile situation. Hmm, not to mention pain, something I generally like to avoid.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Haha so many people shun the ladder theory because they don't want it to be true...
maybe... let's make a poll....just for the sake of it

Shuter said:
I wouldn't have wasted months in a futile situation. Hmm, not to mention pain, something I generally like to avoid.
but if you really did like her, and you came across the theory, would you have believed it then? would you have tossed aside a possible realtionship for a theory you jsut read? i mean, isn't it human nature to want to cling onto what little hope there is? shrugs, maybe thats just me

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
maybe... let's make a poll....just for the sake of it

but if you really did like her, and you came across the theory, would you have believed it then? would you have tossed aside a possible realtionship for a theory you jsut read? i mean, isn't it human nature to want to cling onto what little hope there is? shrugs, maybe thats just me
Yes, but at the same time you need someone saying "THERE IS NO HOPE" to make you realise it's futile. I made the mistake that time, probably a mistake I needed to make before I would believe the theory. Now I loosely base some of my life off my opinions/insight reflected in ladder theory to try and avoid the same mistakes again.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Yes, but at the same time you need someone saying "THERE IS NO HOPE" to make you realise it's futile. I made the mistake that time, probably a mistake I needed to make before I would believe the theory. Now I loosely base some of my life off my opinions/insight reflected in ladder theory to try and avoid the same mistakes again.
hmm... what happens if you stuff up a relationship because you trusted the theory, a relationship which could have gone somewhere. like, what if, your gf/bf actually wanted to be in a long term relationship, but was jsut giving the wrong signs without realising it. how depressing. but then, mistakes are a part of life, so yeah. shrugs... life is so complicated

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If it has taken you this long to realise there is no magical 'love' emotion and that your attraction to other people is measured by your own personal set of little criteria you should probably be shot.

S

Shuter

Not-That-Bright said:
If it has taken you this long to realise there is no magical 'love' emotion and that your attraction to other people is measured by your own personal set of little criteria you should probably be shot.
No one actually said anything along those lines.....

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
i resent that

[you know what, i actually don't know how to use that phrase. what exactly does it mean? it just sounds good when ppl say it in the movies...]

[speaking of which, which movies are good and should be watched? i was going to watch ocean's 12 with friends, but everyone says its really crap.]

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i'm tired...

why won't you promote me.... i want to be promoted....

that's it, i'm going off to sleep. gn

christian_j

HSC
LMAO.. you're really funny dude.
Thanx

lol I wouldn't pay more attention to someone just because they had a mp3 player.. thats just silly
One chick I know is 17, same age as me, and one of them was like 20. Couldn't tell how old the others were SO THERE .
MP3 = chick magnet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)