The Ladder Theory (1 Viewer)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
table for 1 said:
but if you really did like her, and you came across the theory, would you have believed it then? would you have tossed aside a possible realtionship for a theory you jsut read? i mean, isn't it human nature to want to cling onto what little hope there is? shrugs, maybe thats just me
Wasn't that the point of ladder theory?

You think you're on the friends ladder, and you try to make a jump through the mathematical construct known as "Ladder Space" to the sex ladder.

Anyway, the theory's correct, and if you're dumb enough to dump someone without talking with them about why you're dumping them, and explaining your reasons, then you should be castrated for stupidity. We wouldn't want you to breed.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
KeypadSDM said:
Wasn't that the point of ladder theory?

You think you're on the friends ladder, and you try to make a jump through the mathematical construct known as "Ladder Space" to the sex ladder.
yes, that's one of the main ideas in the ladder theory
however, my point was that would you have believed it or trusted in it if you really cared about someone. wouldn't you hope that they were an exception to the theory?

KeypadSDM said:
Anyway, the theory's correct, and if you're dumb enough to dump someone without talking with them about why you're dumping them, and explaining your reasons, then you should be castrated for stupidity. We wouldn't want you to breed.
that's just your opinion, and i don't care if you think it's correct. there are always going to be people who are like that described in the theory, and those who are not [as in, do not think like that or whatever]. and since when did i [or anyone else] say anything about dumping someone without giving a reason? i simply said would you have given up a relationship because of some theory. are you directing the dumb comment at me? i thought castrate was to remove the testicles and spay was to remove the ovaries. since i'm a girl and most definitely not a trans, i'm going to assume you didn't call me dumb. anyways, i don't think there's such a thing as a 'stupid gene'. so, you can't pass on your stupidity to your offspring. sure, mutations can occur, but that can happen to anyone and is unpredicatable. so do you want everyone to have their sex organs made ineffective or removed?

and i can't believe the ladder theory arguement is still going on. no one's going to change their views, so can't we just accept that and move on. quit arguing over it

stamos

sellout
HSC
the ladder theory makes me feel better because even though i'm bitter and cynical, i'll never be that bitter and cynical

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
table for 1 said:
yes, that's one of the main ideas in the ladder theory
however, my point was that would you have believed it or trusted in it if you really cared about someone. wouldn't you hope that they were an exception to the theory?
that's just your opinion, and i don't care if you think it's correct. there are always going to be people who are like that described in the theory, and those who are not [as in, do not think like that or whatever]. and since when did i [or anyone else] say anything about dumping someone without giving a reason? i simply said would you have given up a relationship because of some theory. are you directing the dumb comment at me? i thought castrate was to remove the testicles and spay was to remove the ovaries. since i'm a girl and most definitely not a trans, i'm going to assume you didn't call me dumb. anyways, i don't think there's such a thing as a 'stupid gene'. so, you can't pass on your stupidity to your offspring. sure, mutations can occur, but that can happen to anyone and is unpredicatable. so do you want everyone to have their sex organs made ineffective or removed?

and i can't believe the ladder theory arguement is still going on. no one's going to change their views, so can't we just accept that and move on. quit arguing over it
Ok, well just a few comments:

Firstly - I wouldn't hope they'd be an exception from the ladder theory, because I know that it applies. So if I'm on the friends ladder, I might take a jump, and if I'm on the sex ladder, I'll take a stab at it [no pun intended]. And if it falls through, meh so what.

The outcome of that scenario is independant of whether ladder theory is true or false.

The second paragraph - Well, I don't know about the stupid gene, but I was referring to the father actually upbringing his child in his eyes. You know, the environmental stupid factor. Or that he'd divorce and the child wouldn't be brought up in a nuclear family.

And the third - Well, let's just forget it shall we.

I see it [ladder theory] working every day, and you don't. It's just the way it is.

S

Shuter

KeypadSDM said:
It's just the way it is.
That's just the way it is...[turns up tupac - changes]

Anyway, yes keypad is right, the ladder theory wouldn't have changed anything in the situation. But, it did answer some questions for me, that she wouldn't. It's breaks through the code of "don't want to risk the friendship/not ready for relationship/other bullshit excuses" and explains it in strait forward terms, so it actually answers my questions rather than raises more.

Or in simpler terms.

Girls are like english, and

ladder theory is like maths.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
plah...ok ok.... you go on living your life like that. believe in the theory if you must

can't be bothered + thread getting old = i have nothing to add. let's find something new to have a discussion about

though, i resent being compared to english. hate english

morphmandude

I agree with Keen and anyone else who believes that it is utter crap. Unless I am not human or something I am not really like what that seems to say. The whole thing of wanting sex and quickly which is implied is really stupid. To me my guide for if I could love someone would be first of all would I go forever without sex for them. Sure there has to be a physical attraction but it is not of number one importance (any guy who says physical attraction is not needed is either blind or BSing).

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
the last post in this thread was almost a yr ago!

why bring it up?

your english needs help, i find difficulty understanding your posts
theres nothing wrong with ladder theory, its just a joke that describes general trends in society today, like good on you for being all moral and not wanting sex and all, but even the blind can see that people are having sex before marriage so surely u can see the humour in ladder theory when applied to todays society

Keen

MD
HSC
Serius said:
your english needs help, i find difficulty understanding your posts
What's so hard to understand he agrees with Keen. Although, I actually don't think it's utter crap, I think it sort of got the right idea, but putting it the wrong way. The bits about friends/dates is good, when it gets to always wanting sex it gets a bit dodgy.
Alternative theory? Love the work of David DeAngelo, he seems to have a much better idea of what's going on, puts all other love doctors/philosophers to shame.

Keen

HSC
my view on the ladder theory:

its ridiculous and has enough genralisations to make an english teacher explode...

the end...i hope

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well IMO the ladder theory makes sense because it's impossible to know what people are really like, how they think, and why they go about what they do. It's like the 'studies' that come out to say men think about sex 120020230 times a day or whatever.

*b*e*c*c*a*

hmmm....
HSC
Ive just finished reading it and i can say it makes sense but i dont exactly believe in it. How do you know what people are thinking?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I really don't think you should take it seriously.

People who are successful in the love department never follow the rules.

sabdow

HSC
and by successful, dreamerish means they're either a wife basher and working at the dump, or have a multi million dollar illegal coorporate business, never see their wife and subsequently cheat on her on a weekly basis although she's a drop dead gorgeous woman because he has a lot of money

sad but true

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
sabdow said:
and by successful, dreamerish means they're either a wife basher and working at the dump, or have a multi million dollar illegal coorporate business, never see their wife and subsequently cheat on her on a weekly basis although she's a drop dead gorgeous woman because he has a lot of money

sad but true
No, Sabdow. That's unsuccessful.

I don't suppose you would know what a happy relationship is, but it usually involves ... how should I put this ... happiness?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Scenario 3: A girl says any of the following to you:

* "You're like a brother to me"
* "You're like a big teddy bear"
* "I feel like I can talk to you about anything"
* "You're so nice"
* "Can you help me with my homework"

Toooooo true.

I hate that brother one. HATE IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)