The mass extermination of humans to maintain acceptable standards of living (2 Viewers)

Schroedinger

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oil production has peaked in several countries - Australia and the US included - and imported oil sources from the Gulf have supplemented declining domestic product. When Arab oil peaks, oil prices will rise and usage will have to decline. Oil shale, hydrogen and all that junk is not viable. This is all predicted to go down within the next decade or so.

Fertilizer is produced via the Haber process which uses hydrogen gas sourced from methane - a by product of oil production. Without this plentiful source of hydrogen, fertilizer prices will skyrocket in price - food production at current rates will be impossible.

Making matters worse - phosphorus production, originally set to peak 300 years in the future, is predicted to peak in less than 30 years. This compounds the fertilizer problem.

---

This is not an economics discussion which I, admittedly, know little about. It is a discussion about how we will have to overcome the imminent depletion of irreplaceable resources.

The way I see it, 7 billion people (and counting) cannot live together in a world of lesser standards than we currently enjoy. Competition for scarce resources is not viable. We can either let the population naturally decline (a decline is inevitable), or we can take matters into our own hands.

I advocate the mass extermination of humans. How to do this requires thought. I have come up with a few scenarios:

1. Dense populations ought to be wiped out quickly and efficiently. Fertile areas ought to be left alone. This means nuclear warheads could be detonated above densely populated urban centres such as Shanghai, Tokyo, New York City, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires etc. Other areas such as farms through the US midwest or in Provincial China - would remain untouched. This would take no account of race or wealth of citizens. Instead, it would target a quick and efficient reduction in human numbers where it impacts least on regions of high fertility.
Advantages: Easy, quick, effective, little ethnic or racial discrimination
Disadvantages: Nuclear fallout, inevitable extermination of productive members of society. Large populations exist in some fertile areas such as in India or China, where populations are also largest.

2. Population redistribution, followed by scenario 1. Governments could herd poor and unproductive members of society into cities away from fertile areas, and then exterminate these large and concentrated populations.
Advantages: Possible racial and ethic discrimination
Disadvantages: Difficult to herd populations

3. Kill the richest because they consume the most. Check out any graph showing how much oil the US uses. This is absurd. If we wish to curb consumption of resources, exterminating those who use the most could prove beneficial. Rich people tend to congregate in urban centres with poor people, making extermination easy.

---

DISCUSS

---

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/natural_resources/article4193017.ece

Peak oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Malthusian catastrophe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
mate dw about

the market will settle the problem logically people will realise that earth resources are becoming scarcer. this will happen when the price of basic things like food and water become a fucking huge amount. so logically they will try and feed themselves only and forget about having children so the population will decrease. same thing happened in Russia after the soviet union collapsed.

whether or not people are smart enough to realise this before the problem gets really bad is a whole nother issue

or you know......just commit mass genocide of all the races you are not :party:

Schroedinger

Banned
HSC
N/A
That assumes we have time to allow for a natural decline in the global population.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
I advocate option 3, coupled with option 1. This will probably leave Australia mostly untouched.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
... dear God.

Did you write this post from an underground bunker in the wilderness, surrounded by canned soup?

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
What the fucking shit who is this user

Schroedinger

Banned
HSC
N/A
Guys guys

let's focus less on who I am, and more on who we should exterminate

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
i can see where youre coming from, it was brave to show your idea in front of public scrutiny

but obvs moral grounds here stand, do the people who we exterminate have a say in if they die or not? isnt it every persons natural born right to have a say on how their life goes?

you could argue that these people dont matter anyway, poor labourers in mainland china/africa, no life as compared to ours, expendable, merely consuming resources which could be used elsewhere

but they exist nonetheless, and although we are talking about the grand scheme of things, they matter

the preservation of human life cannot be achieved through the culling of other lives

i propose we come to a compromise between the rich and poor countries of the world and try and co-exist with each other, and if it can be saved by that stage, nature as well
i realise that this is a long shot, and next to impossible due to the very nature of humans, but we should force ourselves (this would probably be the root of why this wont work) to co-exist and work together to provide a very long term solution to preserve humanity

this one of many scenarios, the OP's one would work, nuclear war could also "work"

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Mass genocide is the only (and the best) option.

ChrisJericho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Do you naysayers have a better idea? Or are you all simply mindless sycophants?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I would rather go out in a blaze of freedom

than die for the environment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)