The Mathew Johns Sex scandal. (2 Viewers)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I hate it how people make it sound like no woman, anywhere, ever could POSSIBLY consent to group sex with a bunch of footballers.

They have to believe that the footballers are the ones in the wrong, because they don't want to believe that some women are just lying whores.
Agreed.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
It's actually the real world with real consequences, not some fantasy. As for one person taking the fall? The woman's life has been destroyed, Matthew Johns has had his career and marriage almost destroyed, and there are others who will have to put up their hands to say they were involved and cop the consequences of that.

As for what people find disgusting, it wasn't the group sex that some people find disgusting, it is the fact that the situation was allowed to get out of control and that it simply is not a good way how to treat a woman.

Best Regards
Herremann
i'm a woman, andi believe that she asked for it. men think with their dicks, so if you lay there naked, saying, 'fuck me please', they're going to have sex with you.

i think she was just stupid, and obviously loose when she was nineteen, and now seven years ago, she regrets it, and then goes, oh, i can make a lot of money if i go and tell my story to the media and cry a little bit on television.

the girl has fucked up matt john's family's life, he made a wrong decision probably, but imagine how much shit the kids are going to get when they go back to school etc. tbh, i think the real victims are his wife and kids.

Herremann

HSC
N/A
Okay i must have missed the part where Mathew Johns was legally obligated to give a fuck lol.
I bet you he cares now. I bet you he now wishes he had have done something at the time.
I'm obviously not going to change your mind that what happened was not a good thing so good luck to you. If you think it was all perfectly OK more power to you.

zimmerman8k said:
You could argue that it is not a good way to treat a man. Johns also professes to deeply regret his action. Why does he have all the responsibility to bring about an end to the situation, whilst none of it falls on the woman?
Matthew Johns was in a position to tell the rest of the team to piss off. He didn't. It took Gallen coming into the room to break it up. By then the damage was done.

Best Regards
Herremann

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I bet you he cares now. I bet you he now wishes he had have done something at the time.
I doubt it'd have made much difference. If he intervened and said 'HAY GUYS LOL STOP HAVING CONSENSUAL SEX WITH THIS WOMAN', I have a feeling she still would have come out with it and he'd still be in the shit for it.

spastic said:
Matthew Johns was in a position to tell the rest of the team to piss off.
Why was he? He's not their boss, their dad or any other form of authority over them. They are autonomous and if at any time SHE had said she wanted them to stop, then and maybe only then would Johns be somewhat obligated to intervene.

Otherwise fuck off.

Herremann

HSC
N/A
i'm a woman, andi believe that she asked for it. men think with their dicks, so if you lay there naked, saying, 'fuck me please', they're going to have sex with you.

i think she was just stupid, and obviously loose when she was nineteen, and now seven years ago, she regrets it, and then goes, oh, i can make a lot of money if i go and tell my story to the media and cry a little bit on television.
Actually I don't think her motive was money (ABC doesn't pay for interviews). I also don't think she was acting and shedding crocodile tears. Her motive was to finally get a chance to screw over those she felt deserved it. I suppose she succeeded.

hermand said:
the girl has fucked up matt john's family's life, he made a wrong decision probably, but imagine how much shit the kids are going to get when they go back to school etc. tbh, i think the real victims are his wife and kids.
It's very simple, Matthew Johns wasn't thinking of his wife or family when he was having sex with her. He is mostly to blame for his actions and what they have cost him.

Best Regards
Herremann

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I'm obviously not going to change your mind that what happened was not a good thing so good luck to you. If you think it was all perfectly OK more power to you.

Matthew Johns was in a position to tell the rest of the team to piss off. He didn't. It took Gallen coming into the room to break it up. By then the damage was done.

Best Regards
Herremann
thankyou sherlock. he probably would care now that his entire career and reputation is in tatters.

just as Matthew Johns was in that position, so too was the girl in a position to NOT GIVE CONSENT. do you have any concept that more than one party can be at fault?

HSC

Best Regards
Herremann
Anyone could have been in that position, but it wouldnt make it their responisibilty you fucking dolt

the responsibility for this was left with the girl

Zrap

glock9
HSC
She could be some stalker, "omg matty isnt returning my calls, my txt messages, my emails, my mail, my morse code message, my facebook msg, my myspace msg. omg payback time."

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It's very simple, Matthew Johns wasn't thinking of his wife or family when he was having sex with her. He is mostly to blame for his actions and what they have cost him.
Um no, he'd paid for his mistake when he came clean to his wife 7 years ago and had to win back her trust. This hasn't ruined his career, it has put undue pressure on his wife and family, all because this bitch was feeling vindictive.

She could have sought restitution and solace without going to the media.

Herremann

HSC
N/A
Anyone could have been in that position, but it wouldnt make it their responisibilty you fucking dolt

the responsibility for this was left with the girl
As I said, good luck to you. If you can't comprehend how she wasn't in a good position (as I posted earlier) to say no, then that's your limitation, not mine.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Someone needs to summarise the general 'vibe' and beliefs represented in this thread.

Anybody except Hermann.

- This girl needs to explain her rationale for going to the media with this.

Why? Event occurred several years ago. A simple "I want to kill myself, i'm an emotional wreck" doesn't suffice.

- Johns shouldn't be held solely responsible (at the very most) for the events that occurred that night.

Why? The responsibility rests with the girl as well, as she was involved and had a voice...just like the college girl that kicked out Dane Tilse for groping her, as opposed to saying nothing, or explicitly asking for it.

I dunno, something something...

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Ha if you go to the ACA page where the video of the interview is uploaded, comments have been disabled.

Hmmm, wonder why? ACA viewer backlash and a demand for Tracy Grimwhore to also be sacked from Channel 9?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hahaha reminds me of when brogden groped a female reporter. If I got groped by a random guy, I'd be like 'lol fuck off sleeze'. Even if it was John Brogden. I wouldn't go to the media about it, and I question the motives of those who do.

Real sexual assault is a private and painful matter. I find it hard to believe somebody who waits 7 years to come out and say 'omg dey was masturbating while i was on my back, i feel so violated ~'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)