The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
I'm in McTrouble! =(

Here's the situation. I've been hired at a new Maccas restaurant but before I can start work I need to enter in my Tax and Bank details for my NEW manager.

Now, I have sent a resignation email to my OLD manager but for some reason he has not cleared my records from the Metime Database yet.

In order for me to receive my hiring email from my NEW manager, my records from Metime have to be erased. I thought I had quit 4 days ago, but apparently my ex-manager hasn't seen my email yet and it's really bugging me because I need to start work at my new restaurant NEXT WEEK!

Please, give me advice. I don't mind coming in tomorrow, but I don't want to let him know I've been hired at another restaurant or the reason why I want him to erase my records from Metime, and I need to get it done straight away.

My new manager tells me she already dispatched the emails out two nights ago but I haven't received mine yet and I think it's because I'm still in the Database. It's frustrating because I need to get the records erased ASAP.

parawhoree

HSC
Re: I'm in McTrouble! =(

your metime account will be there for a while yet, so you can still access payslips and shit...
dudee if your manager doesn't know you've resigned their silly

did you give them the legal two weeks notice?

greekgun

HSC

Just ring ur old manager (or go to his office) and tell him that u have tried to contact him several times and that u would like to be taken off the Metime database - and tell him u want it done by tommorow or something. If he asks just tell him, and if he asks y ur resigning tell him that it will b easier for u to work at this other maccas due to travel. If u want to beat around the bush and just wait for him to read ur email and then at his own time delete u off the databse ur going to make a bad impression to ur new manager by making them wait. Take initative.

akrinis

HSC

your metime account will be there for a while yet, so you can still access payslips and shit...
dudee if your manager doesn't know you've resigned their silly

did you give them the legal two weeks notice?
Do you think I can ask him to change the location on Metime or something?

sach1990

HSC
Re: mcdonalds interview

hey OP. how do ya apply at maccas? is there a online system or do we hav to go in person to the store?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: mcdonalds interview

NOTE: This is now the 'Official' McDonald's thread

Happy Posting :)

akrinis

HSC

Just ring ur old manager (or go to his office) and tell him that u have tried to contact him several times and that u would like to be taken off the Metime database - and tell him u want it done by tommorow or something. If he asks just tell him, and if he asks y ur resigning tell him that it will b easier for u to work at this other maccas due to travel. If u want to beat around the bush and just wait for him to read ur email and then at his own time delete u off the databse ur going to make a bad impression to ur new manager by making them wait. Take initative.
Okay. Update: I called three times today to ask if they've deleted me off the system and they said they'll have it done by tonight. I just called again, and one of the managers said she doesn't know anything about it - when the restaurant head manager I called two hours ago, told me he'll get her to do it 'now'.

This is really frustrating and I don't know if they're beating around the bush but it's not making me look any better with my new manager, whom still doesn't have my tax and bank info because I can't make a new metime account (I registered with my old email that's still on the Database, urggh).

I don't know how long they're gonna torture me for but something needs to get done and I help absolutely helpless right now.

greekgun

HSC

Okay. Update: I called three times today to ask if they've deleted me off the system and they said they'll have it done by tonight. I just called again, and one of the managers said she doesn't know anything about it - when the restaurant head manager I called two hours ago, told me he'll get her to do it 'now'.

This is really frustrating and I don't know if they're beating around the bush but it's not making me look any better with my new manager, whom still doesn't have my tax and bank info because I can't make a new metime account (I registered with my old email that's still on the Database, urggh).

I don't know how long they're gonna torture me for but something needs to get done and I help absolutely helpless right now.
are u with a union?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC

are you guys having that drive thru competition too? so fun!

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC

haha really? that is so lame.. "which maccas can make the most burgers per minute?!"
how much money are they gonna give out for that?

greekgun

HSC

No, I'm not. And I didn't know Maccas had them. Anyway, what do you think I could do right about now?
Mmm sounds like ur in a tough decision. I rekon u should just go their in person and demand to be taken off as it is hindering ur chances of futher employment and that if they dont take u off their list thingo u will be going to the union (even though ur not part of one). If they still havent taken u off the list by then threaten them with legal action.

JCB

HSC

yeah. apparently there is going to be a back area comp some time later. that will be good
Fuck that, it'll just be some poorly devised idea by maccas australia to improve customer satisfaction - as if we don't make their crap fast enough as it is..

akrinis

HSC

Mmm sounds like ur in a tough decision. I rekon u should just go their in person and demand to be taken off as it is hindering ur chances of futher employment and that if they dont take u off their list thingo u will be going to the union (even though ur not part of one). If they still havent taken u off the list by then threaten them with legal action.
Hey there, thanks for the advice. My ex-restaurant took me off the Database yesterday and today I've been able to get my hiring email and enter my bank and tax info with my new restaurant. It's taken a while, but after a week of persevering, I've secured the job.

I'm still going to be seeking legal advice regardless, as the old restaurant failed to pay me penalty rates on a Public holiday twice and I'll be taking this separate matter to the WO and Fair Trading NSW.

Thanks for your replies - It's good to know someone's trying to help. At least I'll be able to get some peace of mind now and get back to studying.

SpoonSamba

HSC
i hate working at maccas

im 18 get paid 10.30 an hour one of the managers is the biggest dickhead i have ever met and they always rip me off with shit like i'll work 6hrs with no break but then they put on the payslip that i had a break and dock that from my pay, i go complain they're like yeh we can fix it and they dont

i want a new job! but i cant find any...

backupaccount

HSC
maccas was the worst month and a half of my life. alot of people i talk to say its great but seriously.......my training rate was slavery @ like $6p/h. It was terrible, no good comments on the experience. Except close was good...free food :)

and the owner clicked it at me for signing on before i put my bag in a locker...all of 2 mins and he went off what a tight ass

Last edited:

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
do you get to keep the leftover food?

one guy shoved them all in a bag and then boom, he was fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)