The McDonald's Thread (2 Viewers)

backupaccount

HSC
do you get to keep the leftover food?

one guy shoved them all in a bag and then boom, he was fired.
yeah we did...like the head manager under the owner didnt even care...depending on his mood and whether we were in the green. But yeah like half hour before we would clse, always put nuggets and chips apple pies down so there was more to take home ;) but it was like 11pm so hardly ate all the food :p

spence

HSC
Hi thread, I have two questions:

1. Does this Saturday mean penalty rates for us burger flippers? It counts as a public holiday on:
NSW Office of Industrial Relations, Public Holidays
2. What are our penalty rates for a public holiday? Double time? Coles is double time and a half :O.
1. I didn't think it was, but maybe
2. Double time if you're on the new award, double time and a half for the old award

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
1. I didn't think it was, but maybe
2. Double time if you're on the new award, double time and a half for the old award
I sure hope so, I have a 7hour shift that day. I started April last year, is that the new or old award?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Re: is 3 hours the mimimum number of hours for a shift at mcdonalds ?

Well, my manager called me on my home phone at 5am in the morning, asking me if I could work at 9am that morning.

I showed up one time to pick up my GF, they asked me where my uniform was.

I LOLed so hard.

greekgun

HSC
Re: is 3 hours the mimimum number of hours for a shift at mcdonalds ?

I showed up one time to pick up my GF, they asked me where my uniform was.

I LOLed so hard.
fucking rats always dogging us 2 get us to work.

akrinis

HSC
I have a seven hour shift on SUNDAY! LOL, why couldn't it be the Saturday? Hmm, guys, are they gonna ask me to have a break? I know my old place did it all the time, not sure about my new one. But I'm so glad to start work next week, I've been broke for weeks.

spence

HSC
I have a seven hour shift on SUNDAY! LOL, why couldn't it be the Saturday? Hmm, guys, are they gonna ask me to have a break? I know my old place did it all the time, not sure about my new one. But I'm so glad to start work next week, I've been broke for weeks.
Yeah you get a break if you work more than 5 hours

lol mcdonald's. do you still get paid time and a half on sundays?
I do

akrinis

HSC
Hey, does anyone know where we can access payslips on Metime?

Apparently, my Metime doesn't show payslips, and it's not getting emailed to me either... bit worried because I calculated I should have earnt at least $193 if I was on training wage... more if I'm not...

danield

HSC
how much percent is the training wage compared to normal casual rate of pay?

akrinis

HSC
Is that you Daniel from Lansvale? I wouldn't know.. aren't you the math expert? ;)

Ahh, uniform deposit.. nice. Hey did you hand in your tax form to Naomi yet? I saw your payslip, you got taxed bad.

You can find our rates on

https://metime.workstar.com.au/pdfs/NSW SDA Federal Summary Oct 2008.pdf

We're on GRADE 2 by the way.

Be grateful you're not on training wage! Else you would've been earning 12.36 an hour.

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Hey, does anyone know where we can access payslips on Metime?

Apparently, my Metime doesn't show payslips, and it's not getting emailed to me either... bit worried because I calculated I should have earnt at least $193 if I was on training wage... more if I'm not...
Yeah, same here, I want to get a hold of my payslips for the last month or two to make sure they're paying me correctly. My bank records show that they are but I want a copy just to be sure. Do the restaurants keep them on record so I can ask a manager to print off my last month or two?

akrinis

HSC
Wow just wow! @ HOW CRAP THE PAY IS!!!
It could be worse - IMHO, pay at McDonalds is underrated. Sure, it's not great, but any other retailer would be paying you close to the same figures.

SEE BELOW.

I used to work for gloria jeans and got about $12 something when I was 18 and $13 something when I turned 19. I did that training too, they have pretty defined rules but I guess all franchises do. Go the free drinks!

akrinis

HSC
Yeah, same here, I want to get a hold of my payslips for the last month or two to make sure they're paying me correctly. My bank records show that they are but I want a copy just to be sure. Do the restaurants keep them on record so I can ask a manager to print off my last month or two?
I've found out that my store doesn't email or put our payslips on Metime. Instead, the restaurant manager just prints the pay slips off and puts them in a small tray in the Employee's area (that's where we find our rosters too). It's illegal for your workplace not to have a record of your pay or issue you with payslips, so I say, just ask your Restaurant Manager where you can find your payslips.

Apparently, my new restaurant deducted $50 off my first payslip for "Uniform Deposit". But it's not much of a sacrifice really, when you factor in the gains. I was put on GRADE 2; the normal base rate, whereas my old restaurant had me start @ 8.83/PH which was the GRADE 1 Training wage. I work 21 hours a week on average and make roughly a little over $200. I would have been earning $20 less per week on average there than here.

HSC
It could be worse - IMHO, pay at McDonalds is underrated. Sure, it's not great, but any other retailer would be paying you close to the same figures.

SEE BELOW.
Mate, don't make it seems like a decent wage... cause it isn't lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)