The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Re: Quitting McDonalds

Tell them to fuck off. You don't have to do anything you're told, whether it be by Mc Donald's, or your parents.

Don't expect a reference though. See the problem is, because you have decided to tell them just now that you plan to quit means they need to come up with a plan so that they're not short staffed tonight, or whenever. You are being an inconvenience for them, but hey, who cares right? It's only a reference.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

Skeeta said:
you dont have to, but dont expect a shining reference fromm them.

Two weeks is just because they've incorporated you into the roster for this time, and may not be able to cover those shifts

Whether its in the award or not doesnt mean common courtesy doesnt come into play.
Common courtesy? does that even exist anymore?

sasquatch

HSC

Haha doesnt matter..im free now :D thanks anyway!

.ShAkEdOwN.

HSC

well the award says you dont need notice.
so legally you dont.
but the manager is just trying to cover shifts for the next two weeks or however long. i work at kfc and i know some people who have wanted to quit kept being talked out of it just because we were low on staff and as soon as we got a bunch of trainees in they let them go.

fitzy2

HSC
Re: Mcdonalds interview

hey im 14, i just got an interview 4 this monday (16th june) how much would i get payed exactly?

Kabeio

k.
HSC

fitzy2 said:
hey im 14, i just got an interview 4 this monday (16th june) how much would i get payed exactly?
Bout $3/hr.

mashimaro1987

HSC

I'm 18 and i get paid $13.80...but that's with the old system not the IR law....and then i get 50cents extra for shift assistant and another $1.14 for being a swing manager.....so add that up i get roughly $15.44 per hour not including uniform allowances and casual rate

browniedx

HSC

mashimaro1987 said:
I'm 18 and i get paid $13.80...but that's with the old system not the IR law....and then i get 50cents extra for shift assistant and another $1.14 for being a swing manager.....so add that up i get roughly $15.44 per hour not including uniform allowances and casual rate
hey, which state are you in? im 19 in Victoria and get $16.26/hr as a shift supervisor. In Vic shift supervisor/assistant and swing mgr all mean the same thing so do you really get an allowance for being both?

lexie85

HSC

pete_mate said:
tell me why you would want to work at macca's, if they're only paying 18 yr olds $10 You should be the one interviewing Them!

"what have you got to offer me in working conditions if im only getting $10?"

im pretty sure 18yr olds get 12-14, and the conditions in macdonalds is shit.

and the reference, isnt it degrading to say you've worked at macdonalds? sure; it'd help getting a job in another fast food place, but what about a good white collar one?

some menial jobs are good for getting a real one, this isnt one of them as far as im concerned
macca's training is widely known to be very good and looked at with appreciation rather than disdain in many white collar areas

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC

browniedx said:
hey, which state are you in? im 19 in Victoria and get $16.26/hr as a shift supervisor. In Vic shift supervisor/assistant and swing mgr all mean the same thing so do you really get an allowance for being both?
hehe, looks like there's a little subculture of maccas managers on BOS.

I'm 19, shift supervisor in NSW at a McOpCo store and I get $18.80, but I reckon I earn every cent of it.

Managers always get payed for 8 hour shifts but on average I probably do about 10 hours... yesterday I did a 13 hour shift because we were ridiculously short-staffed.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC

Goddamn. I'm 18 and work at Bakers Delight as a senior shop girl, and I only get $10.10 an hour, no matter when I work - Saturdays, Sundays, early mornings, holidays, it's all the same. There isn't really any proper overtime, though if it's excessive I guess we can ask our boss.

The only good thing about it is during the uni semester I can cut my shifts down to practically nothing and not be fired, then work a lot during the holidays.

I think on this pay I'd rather be at McDonalds.

~untitled~

HSC

Ive been working at maccas now for around 3 years.... I am 17 and get around $10 hr, and $15 on sundays + loading and laundry (i work in both kitchen and counter/ order taker). Its good in some ways, they hired out dreamworld for the night last year and 15 people from our store got to go (incl me!), it was an awesome night and they had a band and fireworks and stuff, and it was all free, including food! Weve had some pretty awesome pickle fights and sauce packet stomping events, as well as playing frisbee in the kitchen... I get along well with most of the managers, however they all have their moody moments...

BUT!!! In other ways it really sucks... i have asked for only one shift a week this year coz school, yet i am still given more shifts, and they refuse to let me swap them... One of the girls that used to wrk there was made to scrub out the toilet with a toothbrush because she was bludging..... Hehe, theyre gunna hate me when i ask for 7 weeks off over the hsc though!!

Oh!!! and we get to wear shrek ears atm, so that is pretty cool!!!!!!!

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A

Strawbaby said:
Goddamn. I'm 18 and work at Bakers Delight as a senior shop girl, and I only get $10.10 an hour, no matter when I work - Saturdays, Sundays, early mornings, holidays, it's all the same.
nothign on sundays?! that sucks big time.

Beege

HSC

~untitled~ said:
Ive been working at maccas now for around 3 years.... I am 17 and get around $10 hr, and $15 on sundays + loading and laundry (i work in both kitchen and counter/ order taker). Its good in some ways, they hired out dreamworld for the night last year and 15 people from our store got to go (incl me!), it was an awesome night and they had a band and fireworks and stuff, and it was all free, including food! Weve had some pretty awesome pickle fights and sauce packet stomping events, as well as playing frisbee in the kitchen... I get along well with most of the managers, however they all have their moody moments...

BUT!!! In other ways it really sucks... i have asked for only one shift a week this year coz school, yet i am still given more shifts, and they refuse to let me swap them... One of the girls that used to wrk there was made to scrub out the toilet with a toothbrush because she was bludging..... Hehe, theyre gunna hate me when i ask for 7 weeks off over the hsc though!!

Oh!!! and we get to wear shrek ears atm, so that is pretty cool!!!!!!!
lol shrek is so commercial. I work at mcdonalds and since i've turned 18 last month I have been getting one shift a fortnight so far lol. I think it is just a way of getting rid of me.

~untitled~

HSC

Beege said:
lol shrek is so commercial. I work at mcdonalds and since i've turned 18 last month I have been getting one shift a fortnight so far lol. I think it is just a way of getting rid of me.
Serious! thats really rude... b4 i put my shifts back, theyd give me 3 shifts a week ( like 20 hours all up). And even now they still ring me up and beg me to work for them at least once a week, eventhough i said i dont want the work.

daniel4592

HSC
Wierd Mcdonalds Interview?

Today I went in to Minchinbury Mcdonalds 4 my Interview I came in at 3,35 it started at 3.40 and finished at 3.45 WOW! Fast.
Well i came in and the A/Manager a guy came in and he's liek hey are you Daniel I said yes we sat down and he gave me 3 sheets which had teh stuff i wrote online and he asked me are these addresses etc correct? Yes Is your avalbilty still the same?Yes
everything else? Yes
Ok!.
And then he gave me a sheet i didnt get to read it fully but it had something to do with Me Signing to Accept that I wish to terminate my application to Plumpton mcdonalds because iam interested in Minchinbury or something liek that.
Well at teh end he took a copy of my Visa and he came back and said he will send an email in teh next 7 days to state if i got it shock my hand i said thanks and walked off.
No questions like What will you do with your 1st pay etc just staright forward do they seem like they want me if he wanted me to sign that thing and wanted my Visa and Birth Certificate?

yosemite sam

HSC
Re: Wierd Mcdonalds Interview?

if you get the job they ask you for your birth certificate.

faov

HSC

I think it would be REALLY horrible to not give them 2 weeks notice and your resignation in writing. McDonald's has been so kind to employ you, so you should be kind in return and just help out a little bit longer.

Black Hawker

HSC

I quit Maccas in May.

I just gave them an resignation letter that said after the shift I have already been rostered, I wil quit. That was about 4 days notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)