The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

Magicana

HSC
s-AINT said:
If you've failed to recognise his contribution then you're no metal fan, show some respect.
Marilyn Manson is part of the reason metal has such a fucking stigma attatched to it.

Why dont you show respect for the metal bands who actually did make a difference, eg, Iron Maiden? Judas Priest?

Metallica being the best of metal? Don't make me laugh. Metallica stopped playing metal in the mid 90s.

neafoo

HSC
Legham said:
Yeah i do!! Just not thrash, cause its boring and shite :)
thrash is my favourite ;(
what thrash artists have you listened to that are so boring?

Legham

HSC
neafoo said:
thrash is my favourite ;(
what thrash artists have you listened to that are so boring?
Uhh.. i don't listen to any thrash artists.. I only start listening to a band if i like it.. So, can't really provide any examples..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Der Waffen SS said:
Marilyn Manson is part of the reason metal has such a fucking stigma attached to it.
You're right, but many may consider this a good thing because it attracts more people to the metal genre.

To be honest, upthedownstair is right (LOL), you can't really define Manson as metal because one track may sound metal, then the next is soft which carries a depression tone. Either way, bands such as Korn, Metallica and Manson create music we like to hear. So, let's all enjoy the music, and hope they tour soon.

neafoo

HSC
Legham said:
Uhh.. i don't listen to any thrash artists.. I only start listening to a band if i like it.. So, can't really provide any examples..
why not give some a go ;D?

Legham

HSC
neafoo said:
why not give some a go ;D?
Name the best thrash band you know of, and i'll give it a go for a while to see if i can get into it :) I sure hope you can sway my anti-thrash taste!

Legham

HSC
Emma3691 said:
Metalstock anybody? Anybody go to that this year?
Awww, i woulda gone to that if i knew it existed before! dang..

Emma3691

HSC
We got free tickets. Unfortunately the bloke we were going with got chickenpox... But next year, we are totally there.

neafoo

HSC
yeah theyre pretty cool. good aussie thrash.

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
They did. They also won me over in the mere 20 minutes they got. Now thats saying something.
Did you think Mortal Sin were louder than Mastodon and Slayer? I did, but that was probably because the bigger pit absorbed more of the sound from Mastodon and Slayer.

Holy shit that concert ruled though.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Yea now that I think about it, Mortal Sin did sound bit louder. But I think thats coz my ears were more adjusted by the time Mastodon and Slayer played. Plus, I was further back during Mastodon and Slayer than Mortal Sin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)