The missing Malaysian Airlines... (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370: Two Men Claim to Have Seen Plane Plunging into Sea

The mystery behind the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 has further deepened with two men from different locations in the Malaysian state of Kelantan claiming to have spotted the aircraft plunging into the sea at approximately the same location and time.

Fisherman Azid Ibrahim, 66, in Kota Baru, told the New Strait Times that an airplane appeared to fly low below the clouds which he followed for about five minutes before it disappeared. He was out at the sea with six other fishermen about 14.4 km (8.9 miles) from Kuala Besar in Pantai Cahaya Bulan.

Ibrahim said the plane was flying so low that he could see its lights "as big as coconuts". He had spotted the plane with his friend at about 1:30am local time, while all his fellow fishermen were fast asleep in the boat.

"I only heard about the plane yesterday. My friend, Pak Da asked me where the plane was heading to at this time of night," Ibrahim said, adding it was flying lower than usual.

The fisherman reported the incident to the police the next morning after he heard the news of the missing plane around the coast, and his account was telecast by a local broadcaster RTM.

Unusual coincidence

About 30 km (18.6 miles) away from Kota Baru, businessman Alif Fathi Abdul Hadi, 29, lodged a report with the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) that he saw "bright white lights", descending fast into the sea at about 1:45am the same day.

He was going towards the backyard of his house when he saw the "white lights" as used in planes during night flights, heading towards Bachok, which was unusual, according to him.

"I was walking towards the rear of my house when I saw the lights, and wondered where it was heading to," he said.

"The airspace here is like a highway for aircraft and they usually travel in route patterns, but this one went completely towards the other way.

"..It was going towards the sea, near Bachok."

But, he admitted, he was not sure if the white lights were actually from a plane, adding there were no blinking red lights, and that the "white lights" vanished behind a line of coconut trees.

Alif did not consider this unusual and did not think much about it, until he too heard about the missing jetliner the next day, and filed the report with the authorities.

The "eyewitnesses", however, did not describe any accompanying sound of the plane's impact with the sea upon the claimed crash.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/missing-ma...aim-have-seen-plane-plunging-into-sea-1439730

fact or fiction???

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I think the pilot has mental issues that no one seem to notice....

turntaker

HSC
The plane was found in russia and everyone is well.

Fonzie32

HSC
My guess would be the plane was hijacked and purposely crashed landed into the ocean somewhere far away from land. For the plane to land (crash or properly landed), it would have been seen by at least one person on this planet. Plus if it went up in flames on land, I'm pretty sure smoke would be all over the surrounding areas. As for the phone, it baffles me.

BUT then again, if it crashed into the sea, how can there be not ONE part from the plane floating around somewhere????

Truly wtf case.

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
very, very plausible cause...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...warnings-over-boeing-777s-20140312-hvhqz.html

Cliffnotes:

- Warning issued by US aircraft safety regulator;
- Warning detailed that the front fuselage was prone to structural failure;
- Structural failure can cause failure of radar transponder, communications, etc;
- It can also cause rapid explosive decompression;
- the plane could have kept flying without a proper radar signature (after it "went missing" from radar);
- Plane broke up from explosive decompression because of structural failures in the front fuselage (explaining why the pilots could not perform a "mayday" call or activate emergency measure)

In short, my money is strongly with this theory...

I reckon Malaysia Airlines will be sued for this... they were just the unlucky ones... (reckon it will have a ripple effect through the whole aviation industry as well, they are already struggling through hard economic times...)

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
omfg seriously??? did they really? was what i said true? ejfsdmclfnbjkgrles
No Im joking haha. But this is not funny. A lot of people died. I was just making fun of the russians taking the plane theory.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
very, very plausible cause...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...warnings-over-boeing-777s-20140312-hvhqz.html

Cliffnotes:

- Warning issued by US aircraft safety regulator;
- Warning detailed that the front fuselage was prone to structural failure;
- Structural failure can cause failure of radar transponder, communications, etc;
- It can also cause rapid explosive decompression;
- the plane could have kept flying without a proper radar signature (after it "went missing" from radar);
- Plane broke up from explosive decompression because of structural failures in the front fuselage (explaining why the pilots could not perform a "mayday" call or activate emergency measure)

In short, my money is strongly with this theory...

I reckon Malaysia Airlines will be sued for this... they were just the unlucky ones... (reckon it will have a ripple effect through the whole aviation industry as well, they are already struggling through hard economic times...)
Most sensible thing i've read so far.

Do we know how old the air plane was? Stress cracks are reasonably commonplace and usually aren't an issue given early detection and thorough maintenance. Shoddy maintenance however has been the catalyst of so many incidents..

I reckon Malaysia Airlines will be sued for this...
For not following the directive? It was only issued on the 18th of Feb, no way they could pull all their 777s out of service so quickly

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Most sensible thing i've read so far.

Do we know how old the air plane was? Stress cracks are reasonably commonplace and usually aren't an issue given early detection and thorough maintenance. Shoddy maintenance however has been the catalyst of so many incidents..
the plane in question was 11 years old... which sounds old... but is not "incredibly" old... However, it is perhaps "old enough"... a lot of these planes are going to be replaced by the 787 Dreamliner...

For not following the directive? It was only issued on the 18th of Feb, no way they could pull all their 777s out of service so quickly
I don't know the full details... It might be a bit too remote of a risk, etc... but, if I saw a directive like that... I would be grounding the whole fleet... then again, I'm sure warnings like that come in like buses for major airlines...

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I don't know the full details... It might be a bit too remote of a risk, etc... but, if I saw a directive like that... I would be grounding the whole fleet... then again, I'm sure warnings like that come in like buses for major airlines...
You wouldn't if you knew how much money you would lose by pulling all of those planes out of the sky. Now that i think about it, the airline probably isn't even legally obligated to take the planes out of service for something like this, you would just add it to the maintenance schedule. Maintenance records should show if there's anything behind this.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
the plane in question was 11 years old... which sounds old... but is not "incredibly" old... However, it is perhaps "old enough"... a lot of these planes are going to be replaced by the 787 Dreamliner...

11 years old isnt old for a plane. Really, a plane can only be used for a certain amount of hours (idk what it is for 777s) but once the Max hours have been reached, the plane can no longer be used. (i know this stuff, i have 2 pilots in my family). 11 years isnt old for a plane at all, i know some which are 20 years old. It wouldnt really be the planes age that affected anything.

Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)