The missing Malaysian Airlines... (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I read a conspiracy online. Hypothetically, if it was hijacked by terrorists, they may have been planning to backtrack to Malaysia to hit the Petronas twin towers but miserably failed so they now won't take responsibility for it.

Highly doubt this though...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
11 years old isnt old for a plane. Really, a plane can only be used for a certain amount of hours (idk what it is for 777s) but once the Max hours have been reached, the plane can no longer be used. (i know this stuff, i have 2 pilots in my family). 11 years isnt old for a plane at all, i know some which are 20 years old. It wouldnt really be the planes age that affected anything.

Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2
Not all flight hours are made equal. Certain flight paths cause extra stress on the plane etc. It needs to be maintained appropriately for the conditions. If it was maintained properly, then yeah sure.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Not all flight hours are made equal. Certain flight paths cause extra stress on the plane etc. It needs to be maintained appropriately for the conditions. If it was maintained properly, then yeah sure.
Very basic physics, would probably tell me that take off and landing probably put the most stress on an aircraft... flying normally would probably be no different to driving on a freeway...

I read a conspiracy online. Hypothetically, if it was hijacked by terrorists, they may have been planning to backtrack to Malaysia to hit the Petronas twin towers but miserably failed so they now won't take responsibility for it.

Highly doubt this though...
It would be a morale win for a terrorist organisation anyway... "congratulations, after putting in all these security measures to make your planes 'safer,' we still boarded a plane and hijacked it..." "You cannot stop us from doing what we do; we will fuck your shit up..." now read that in derka derka... (no racism intended)

EDIT: any bet the NSA surveillance teams and computers are working in overdrive... (due to the discussions of hijackings, bombs, etc on internet rumour mills) :haha:

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Very basic physics, would probably tell me that take off and landing probably put the most stress on an aircraft... flying normally would probably be no different to driving on a freeway...
Yar, take off and landing absolutely, you'd need to look at exactly how this plane was being used and whether or not it was coming in often enough for thorough maintenance. As well as that you've got things like temperature, whether it's frequently being flown in conditions conductive to corrosion, whether it was usually being flown with a full passenger/luggage load etc.. A plane is like a car, you use it in different conditions and in different ways and some shit is gonna wear out faster in different circumstances. My point is that there are a ton of variables to take into account and at this stage you really can't know anything for sure.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yar, take off and landing absolutely, you'd need to look at exactly how this plane was being used and whether or not it was coming in often enough for thorough maintenance. As well as that you've got things like temperature, whether it's frequently being flown in conditions conductive to corrosion, whether it was usually being flown with a full passenger/luggage load etc.. A plane is like a car, you use it in different conditions and in different ways and some shit is gonna wear out faster in different circumstances. My point is that there are a ton of variables to take into account and at this stage you really can't know anything for sure.
I think it is from 11 years of wear and tear; last take off cause a stress fracture; the cold air in the cruising altitude plus turbulence eventually finished the job...

the pilots were also known to have been smoking on flights... cabin fire that spread very rapidly, busy fighting the fire to give a distress call??? hanky panky in the cockpit gone wrong??? (pun intended)...

Last edited:

bangladesh

HSC
Didn't the Malaysian military reveal that the plane had actually turned around and went down 300km away from where they were searching?

Also, just some food for thought, You'd think that with all this technology a PLANE wouldn't go missing, but we haven't been able to find it for nearly a week now. Just goes to show how limited our technology currently is and how much more there is to discover/improve on.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't the Malaysian military reveal that the plane had actually turned around and went down 300km away from where they were searching?

Also, just some food for thought, You'd think that with all this technology a PLANE wouldn't go missing, but we haven't been able to find it for nearly a week now. Just goes to show how limited our technology currently is and how much more there is to discover/improve on.
Maybe Malaysia is hiding something. Wouldn't want people knowing something that would ruin the shareholders price of the Malaysian airlines ....

#ethics.

crazy_paki123

HSC
Terrorism is all but ruled out now, apparently the people who stole the passports were "seeking a new fresh life". Plane has vanished without a trace ala Bermuda Triangle

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Terrorism is all but ruled out now, apparently the people who stole the passports were "seeking a new fresh life". Plane has vanished without a trace ala Bermuda Triangle
orrrrr...

enoilgam

HSC
I think it is from 11 years of wear and tear; last take off cause a stress fracture; the cold air in the cruising altitude plus turbulence eventually finished the job...
It's very unlikely that something this simple would bring the plane down - there are extremely detailed protocols designed to catch these things. Malaysian Airlines flies to the US, which means they have to abide by FAA maintenance standards which are extremely rigid. I work in the engineering division of a major airline and the amount of safety and maintenance protocols which they must follow are unbelievable. Added to that, they are strictly enforced and the slightest regulatory slip ups are picked up on and usually result in whooping fines.

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
They maintain their aircraft properly

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It's very unlikely that something this simple would bring the plane down - there are extremely detailed protocols designed to catch these things. Malaysian Airlines flies to the US, which means they have to abide by FAA maintenance standards which are extremely rigid. I work in the engineering division of a major airline and the amount of safety and maintenance protocols which they must follow are unbelievable. Added to that, they are strictly enforced and the slightest regulatory slip ups are picked up on and usually result in whooping fines.

Of course it is highly unlikely, i understand how rigorous aircraft maintenance must by necessity be. That said, this is whole event was highly unlikely and maintenance work on the plane must be considered, especially considering the planes past incident and the recent 777 directive. Mistakes can happen (and have happened), even very small ones, and while they may not directly cause catastrophic failure they can often lead to a chain of events which results in the loss of the aircraft.

I'm not saying this is was brought the plane down, i have nfi what did really, but i think it is something worth consideration and a far sight more plausible than half the other bullshit being slung around the internet at the moment.

They maintain their aircraft properly

You can't know that in the case of this particular plane until maintenance records are studied.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Of course it is highly unlikely, i understand how rigorous aircraft maintenance must by necessity be. That said, this is whole event was highly unlikely and maintenance work on the plane must be considered, especially considering the planes past incident and the recent 777 directive. Mistakes can happen (and have happened), even very small ones, and while they may not directly cause catastrophic failure they can often lead to a chain of events which results in the loss of the aircraft.

I'm not saying this is was brought the plane down, i have nfi what did really, but i think it is something worth consideration and a far sight more plausible than half the other bullshit being slung around the internet at the moment.
I'd probably go with pilot error - it's already responsible for about 70% of major airline disasters and that number is growing (that's mainly because mechanical/structural/maintenance problems are getting rarer).

crazy_paki123

HSC
how sad, that guy was "feeling excited" at Kuala Lumpur. Truly Tragic. If they are indeed dead which seems almost certain, may all their souls rest in peace.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I'd probably go with pilot error - it's already responsible for about 70% of major airline disasters and that number is growing (that's mainly because mechanical/structural/maintenance problems are getting rarer).
Pretty much. 11 year old plane is pretty young... lot's of planes fly for at least 30-40 years+ and malaysia airlines isn't exactly shit either. they're a national carrier and they don't cut corners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)