The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

clairegirl said:
Just a word on red bull and V... the amount of processed sugar and carbs in them is astronomical and the amount of caffine in them is the same as a standard coffee. Your better off drinking coffee to stay awake then red bull or V.
my body is weird

if i drink coffee, i can sleep over it..
if i drink V, on a very tiring day, i can sleep over it
but redbull..no matter how tired i am, it will kick in for me...maybe its the sugar :p

and besides, the effect afterwards for each drinks vary greatly, if i drink coffee..i would be "awake"..but my mind would be asleep..same applies to V, but my mind would work a bit better. Redbull would somehow give me this energy..its really different :\

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

*~Dazed~* said:
Lunch: toasted sandwich with ham, philly, pesto and roasted capsicum
Snack: Snickers
Snack: salada with tomato (before gym because i learnt tonight you shouldnt exercise on an empty stomach but its best to eat a proper meal when you are done.
Dinner (at 10pm) 2 Scrambled eggs and a piece of toast

exercie: gym for 1 1/2 hours. 70 min cardio then 20 min stretching/crunches etc
Dazed!! Thats awsome 70 mins cardio :D:D it feels good aye?? :D

I'm still finding it hard to incorporate sit ups into my workout :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

... said:
my body is weird

but redbull..no matter how tired i am, it will kick in for me...maybe its the sugar :p

and besides, the effect afterwards for each drinks vary greatly, if i drink coffee..i would be "awake"..but my mind would be asleep..same applies to V, but my mind would work a bit better. Redbull would somehow give me this energy..its really different :\
Thats what i thought too when i was consuming 3-4 cans of V during exam time last year. I've switched to water and coffee now (no sugar in coffee) if i have to stay up late.

I read this article however ages ago (i'll get you the link when im not busy) that for the most part, energy drinks mostly work due to the psychological effects which stems from marketing etc so sort of like the placebo effect.

^___^
HSC

hmm..
maybe psychological effects do come in, but i would prefer V to work instead of redbull..cos V is cheaper!!!!

hmm..i should sleep early tonight, got early lecture tomorrow and work from 3 -> midnight...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

... said:
hmm..
maybe psychological effects do come in, but i would prefer V to work instead of redbull..cos V is cheaper!!!!

hmm..i should sleep early tonight, got early lecture tomorrow and work from 3 -> midnight...
sleep tight :)

I prefer V too coz it taste better and red bull taste like medicine

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

... said:
my body is weird

i don't drink much caffeine stuff but the small amount i have had has had weird effects. like i'll drink coffee and be dead tired afterwards. :confused: or dead tired but shaking

good night :) , you need the sleep to get off the energy drinks

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I can down about 4-5 red bulls or V's prior to most gigs and not really feel anything :S

damn high school abuse of those drinks!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

lol reallyy
V gives me tummy aches cuz its fizzy and tastes like off apple juice so i always feel like throwing up after... but it keeps me awake so i drink it anywyz. Red Bull does nothing for me

ooh and that happens to me after coffee too sometimes... i get tired but shaky

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Breakfast: Nutrigrain, then when I got to uni some bacon, egg and toast.
Lunch: Deep fried seafood box.
Dinner: None cause I went to sleep at 4pm due to not having slept in days (ughh uni does this to me).
Snacking: 3 boxes of shapes, and a bowl of ice cream.

Did I mention that I haven't put on a kilo? Though that's actually the problem, I want to get up to 75 (hooray for arbitrary round numbers) from 70.

EDIT: Send your fat this way.

EDITEDIT: It's become apparent that this thread discriminates against me because of my uni. Well poo to you.

EDIT3: http://community.boredofstudies.org...syd-get-fatter-fail-your-subjects-thread.html

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC

I get on redbull and pinklemonade when i go out if im not drinking and everyone else is. Keeps me going..

clairegirl said:
Dazed!! Thats awsome 70 mins cardio :D:D it feels good aye?? :D

I'm still finding it hard to incorporate sit ups into my workout :(
Hey man props to you! much respect for posting those photos!!

Hey where/what is this virtual body thing? I'd be interested to see it for myself because those pics dont seem right but then again your height and stuff changes it.

with cardio, i always do around 60min of it a session. always 3 different pieces of equipment.
on the note of situps/crunches: if you want to do them the easiest time to fit them in is when you stretch. i dont know about your gym but mine has those stupid crunch equipment thingymabobs in the stretching room. Mind you i hardly ever do them... only if i havent done any weights.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

*~Dazed~* said:
I get on redbull and pinklemonade when i go out if im not drinking and everyone else is. Keeps me going..

Hey man props to you! much respect for posting those photos!!

Hey where/what is this virtual body thing? I'd be interested to see it for myself because those pics dont seem right but then again your height and stuff changes it.

with cardio, i always do around 60min of it a session. always 3 different pieces of equipment.
on the note of situps/crunches: if you want to do them the easiest time to fit them in is when you stretch. i dont know about your gym but mine has those stupid crunch equipment thingymabobs in the stretching room. Mind you i hardly ever do them... only if i havent done any weights.
Thanx, I almost didn't put my photos up I was finding it extremely hard to press the submit button, I came back on to delete them but then the stupid server wasnt' working anymore.. I've decided to leave them on there though, as oprah has said "you gotta own it sista!! lol don't try and hide what you used to be... acceptance is the first step, that picture with me in that grey top (was pretty much one of the only tops that would fit me those days) is my source of motivation.. I can't believe i let myself go that much... I'm never going to let myself get that big EVER again plus i don't think my lifestyle now would allow me to... i can't picture going back to eating junk all day and eating myself to oblivion with comfort food, a life without excercise, the thought makes me cringe.

I came across the virtual model thing when i was surfing through nutritional forums.. it was SEARS i think? its for clothes shopping...
http://www.mvm.com/en/go_shopping.htm click on sears then go from there

Anyway I did what I looked like at the start and what I look like presently.. according to the model lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Actually this one is better :wave:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

In other news... I was a bit concerned this morning.

Remember how i said i was going to be good and stuff because i felt guilty about being so inactive and not going to the gym... well after just ONE day of being "good".... I lost over a kilo (i think it was a combination of burning 800 or so calories and gymming it twice that day and consuming very little that day)... it's too quick for my taste or to be healthy.. I don't want to lose more than a kilo a week, hence there is no gyming today and there was more food but healthy food consumed today.

Breakfast: okra and a couple of spoonfuls of chocolate oatmeal ... i was just grabbing anything as i was late.

Lunch: 2 peices of multigrain bread, cheese/lettuce/steamed chicken/capsicum, boiled egg, large cappacino with skim milk.

Dinner: Wanton soup with chicken and 2 peices multigrain bread with egg whites/capsicum/onion pepper and salt.

Excercise: None but shall be donig some stretching tonight before bed and a few starjumps maybe.

HSC
N/A

It could have been a loss of water weight. It'll come back quickly, don't you worry :)

As for situps, an idea is to try to do five every night. Something really doable - just make it a routine. Then just add on one or two as you like :) I can't remember what number I started with, but I think it was about 20 every few nights. Quality over quantity! :) And remember - good situps are hard to do!!! If you're dying after just 15, it means you're working it really hard! That's a good thing! :)

I also want to tell clairegirl just how awesome and brave she is :) You rock, girl! I'm going to go do that sears thing now too :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
It could have been a loss of water weight. It'll come back quickly, don't you worry :)

As for situps, an idea is to try to do five every night. Something really doable - just make it a routine. Then just add on one or two as you like :) I can't remember what number I started with, but I think it was about 20 every few nights. Quality over quantity! :) And remember - good situps are hard to do!!! If you're dying after just 15, it means you're working it really hard! That's a good thing! :)

I also want to tell clairegirl just how awesome and brave she is :) You rock, girl! I'm going to go do that sears thing now too :)
maybe not :( coz i was being "good" that day remember... i drank over 2.5L was water that day :s

HSC
N/A

Maybe all that water you drank helped get rid of some fluid retention that's been hanging around? :)

In other news, I am loosing faith in this sears thing :(

I put in my CURRENT weight, and it came up with this.

No effing way, baby. This is my DREAM body, not a real one :p

So I added on seven kilos
Still not convinced it actually looks like me.

So I added on ten kilos to my "original" weight.

My boobs are definately not that big, but proportion-wise I think this is the most realistic of all three.

So does that mean I need to loose ten kilos? :(

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

I don't think you need to lose anything honey, (judging on your photo that you just posted) you just need to tone up

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

actually you don't even need to tone up, most people would be happy with the ur current body but if u want to tone up, that too is also fine

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

clairegirl said:
In other news... I was a bit concerned this morning.

Remember how i said i was going to be good and stuff because i felt guilty about being so inactive and not going to the gym... well after just ONE day of being "good".... I lost over a kilo (i think it was a combination of burning 800 or so calories and gymming it twice that day and consuming very little that day)... it's too quick for my taste or to be healthy.. I don't want to lose more than a kilo a week, hence there is no gyming today and there was more food but healthy food consumed today.
thats good!
its possible it might not have been water weight cuz well, you burn like 800 calories a day, ate well... and like remember 1lb is 3500 calories, 1kg is 2.2lb or something like that... then errmm.. yehh... well the 800 calories add up to a lot! (and on ur good days ur calorie consumption seems pretty low-ish)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

pb said:
thats good!
its possible it might not have been water weight cuz well, you burn like 800 calories a day, ate well... and like remember 1lb is 3500 calories, 1kg is 2.2lb or something like that... then errmm.. yehh... well the 800 calories add up to a lot! (and on ur good days ur calorie consumption seems pretty low-ish)
You rekon? hrrm i wish i knew more about calories ... damn my lack of knowledge on calories! grr lol

Goal: Become expert on nutrition and calories!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)