The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
breakfast/lunch: special k
snack: handful of ritz chips
dinner: chicken, chips and leb bread
snack: tea and lifesaver iceblock

exercise: 25 min cross trainer, 30 min weights, 20 min bike, 15 cross trainer

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Nice work Dazed :)

Breakfast: steamed bok choy and chicken, seasoned with lemon/pepper/salt.

Lunch: 2 slices of multigrain bread/ steamed chicken/ onion/cheese/aphalpha sprouts/lettuce

Snack: Small salad: lettuce, tomato, onion, capsicum (no seasoning) and sugarfree gum

Dinner: I'm guessing it'll b e a sandwich, same as lunch, since im at uni till 9 tonight. I feel like going to the gym and going home though, so we'll see how it goes.

Excercise: Nil so far but i feel like going home, it's crappy peak hour though :(

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Smoked Salmon and bread. I wrapped the slices of smoked salmon around chunks of bread - it was yummy! (and do-able at 8am in the morning when they haven't made the smoked salmon sushi yet)

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Tasmanian Salmon and Pasta thingo (yummo!)

Pre-dinner: Some feta/spinach triangles at Mentor Presentation Dinner

Dinner: Fish (the unhealthy battered variety from a fish and chips shop), a potatoe, and some chicken.

Study: Still working on essay, reworked about half... going to try do other half by midnight, then the second reworking to make it look good will start!!!

Exercise: lol, it's not going to happen today!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
fooding...
breakfast: muesli
lunchy munchy: my attempt at a subway like chicken wrap.. that ended up really small and falling apart
snack: 1/2 apple (grass flew on the other half lol)
dinner: a smoked salmon and avocado sushi roll
dinner2 (omg lol) : braised veg and veg soup thing, pear

exercse: i walked to the bus stop lol... well its pretty far

study: not much =/

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ok im gonna work out on saturday, im over being a fat bastard.

have you physically stood next to me and measure our heights pb? no? then how do you know im not 142cm? you need evidence!

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Think i posted in USYD so better support my uni ay.

Breakfast: Weet-bix
Lunch: Maggi noodles
Dinner: Ham and cheese toast

mserica

HSC
OKAY... I Have an issue.. i havent lost weight :(

I need motivation.. but really i love foxtel and chocolate too much!!! HELP!!!

HSC
N/A
Whoo calm down mserica!

heh. I'm responding with the guess that you're naturally skinny and have a great metabolism and are only working out because you can/want to. In that case, people tell me "if you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen". Maybe you don't want it enough? (or maybe me suggesting you don't want it enough will motivate you to yell "NO! I WANT IT!" lol)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Orange Juice said:
ok im gonna work out on saturday, im over being a fat bastard.

have you physically stood next to me and measure our heights pb? no? then how do you know im not 142cm? you need evidence!
no evidence, but like i said, noooone is shorter than me lol

mserica

HSC
I do want it.. well I do but i work full time, study and somehow manage to keep everything else running smoothly, i just wish i was as organised at home as i am with my work...

anyone want to assist with a schedule that can make things a lil easier!!!

Edit: Funny thing is that daily it is my job to assist staff with work/life balance, yet i find it hard to do on myself, its so much easier to organise other people!

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
brunch: chicken, roasted capsicum, tomato, pesto and cream cheese toasted sandwich
snack: coffee and kinder bueno
dinner: mi goreng (sp?)
snack: tea with milk and cupfull of ritz chips

exercise: none. getting up early and going to gym before uni tomorrow because this weekend i wont have any time at all (working day and night both days)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
pb said:
no evidence, but like i said, noooone is shorter than me lol
i am though!

Dazed, where do you work?

i just sucked a bottle of water as a snack, im eating way too much and it aint getting worked.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
mserica said:
I do want it.. well I do but i work full time, study and somehow manage to keep everything else running smoothly, i just wish i was as organised at home as i am with my work...

anyone want to assist with a schedule that can make things a lil easier!!!

Edit: Funny thing is that daily it is my job to assist staff with work/life balance, yet i find it hard to do on myself, its so much easier to organise other people!
Yeah your right glitterfairy, msercia is thin, she doesn't need to lose any.. i've seen her pics :p

I've lost 2kgs since this thread started (oooh need to change my signature) but thats because I'm bigger than you are... and its easier for bigger people to lose weight than smaller people.. which can also be likened to why I'm finding it harder to lose weight than my first 10.

If you really really want to lose those few kilos u think you need to lose... do the calorie counting thing, mathamatically it works for all people regardless of their size.

Also... make note of the direction of burning energy... first its carbs, then its fats.

Uusually after 20 minutes of mod intensity cardio, you start burning fat... so ensure your sessions go for longer than 20 minutes for losing weight.

But in the end you did say that you've been doign a lot more excercise than before, maybe its just muscle gain???

The best way is not to look at the scale but look at measurements and how your clothes fit.

I've started measuring again.. coz i found this book that had all my measurements from last year and i've lost cm's! :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
lol. i didnt realise how big this thread was. i never entered because the topic name has 'healthy' in it - but seeing that its 27 pages long, i must have missed quite a bit...

I havent excerised for years (which is most likely evident if you saw me :)) mainly because i have no time, and when i do have time i usually spend it eating fattening food, which is a lot more fun than excerising :)

i guess i should stop eating mcdonalds each uni day, and eat healthy.. hmmm

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ok ok. here goes.

1) How many kilos (approx) to get down to ideal weight?

well. i dont weigh much, but i am pretty short. I probably want to lose about 5 kilos but in the beer gut area :/

2) Reasons for being at current state

Too much uni stuff, little time to exercise. i do walk around a lot at uni, but i offset that by eating lots of mcdonalds :)

3) Why I want to loose weight

so theres less chance of later health problems.

4) How I plan to loose weight

Eat less crap. eat more healthy stuff. Walk around more (i like walking, so i guess if i have more time i would do it more)

5) Subjects being studied at MQ

Psychology: all 3rd year psych units this year

6) Academic goals

keep to about a distinction average in psych units and get into honours.

7) How I plan to get my marks up

Keep obsessing over every single assessment and having no life whatsoever :)

there, i said my bit. :)

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs on toast

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Tasmanian Salmon and Pasta meal

Dinner: Chicken and potatoe mash

"Dessert": bottle of Lemon and Lime soda (I'm having to sip from it over the course of an hour to avoid going on major high, this is so sad lol)

Study: Finished off my essay this morning. Braindead and EXTREMELY tired

Exercise: Taught dance for two and a half hours today. Gave my second class a lecture because they are acting like 2-year olds and are MILES behind all my other classes, even though they are the oldest/most advanced. I wish I'd had these girls from the start, because half of them don't even know the word "discipline" exists, let alone the meaning of it. *smacks fist into palm*

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
My internet is stuffing up but..for some reason its working now though... so my apologies for not replying to your summary days, i still read them.. when im at uni and have access. Glitter your getting really good excercise as compared to me these days! I haven't gym'd it in ages..:S. but the good thing i think is that im not "eating the whole world"-scarecrow of oz lol

Today 26.05.06

Breakfast err grabbed a few tendrils of charcoal chicken on the go.
Lunch- was absolutely starving by 1:30pm :( but i didn't want to leave the library until i finished my speech for 207 so i did end up sort of binging for lunch.
Lunch 1: 1/2 a wholemeal sandwich with lemon chicken and cucumber
Lunch 2: the other half of the sandwich and a chicken terriyaki sushi roll.
Dinner: Err... had heaps :s ... i was extremely happy to hang out with family since i havn't been able to in ages so i just ate whatever, i did limit my rice intake to a spoonful.

Snacks: Pear, orange, apple, regular skim cap

hahaha yes i know these

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)