The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
mmmmmmmm mlik LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! i dont go a day without having milk (now that i drink coffee its even worse because i cant have skim and if i have a coffee i dont feel like ive had my daily dose of milk so i need to have more 'normal' milk later). And always full cream for me! I know its really fattening but milk is onen 'fat' thing that i never feel guilty drinking/eating a lot of.

The only skim i have is light start (everything else is flavourless for me) which is low fat rather than fat free anyway and even that i dont have often. Ill drink that straight and thats it... for some reason i cant have it in tea or with cereal or made into flavoured milk. Full all the way.

I also die for cheese.. bad bad girl.
oh im the same! i need milk everyday, i cant sleep without maybe because im so use to having it everyday of my life. I like my full cream milk too yummy, my mum brought home chocolate milk before and i actually preferred my normal milk :rofl:. \

If i was ever lactose intolerant i dunno what i do and knowing it could be affected later as well :eek:. I heard that about 90% of asians in amercia are lactose intolerant too :eek:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
yeh i get unsettled stomache for the rest of the day if i drink more than a dab of milk a day... n yes plz if u remember and u dont have to go out of ur way.. cud u find out wat other symptoms there are.

i remember when i was doing detox there's lactose free milk :) had it and no unsettled stomache or anything yay :)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
yeh i get unsettled stomache for the rest of the day if i drink more than a dab of milk a day... n yes plz if u remember and u dont have to go out of ur way.. cud u find out wat other symptoms there are.

i remember when i was doing detox there's lactose free milk :) had it and no unsettled stomache or anything yay :)
Ooh Liddel's milk is lactose free

and yeh me too lol. my tummy goes all.. funny.. but only if i have full cream milk. i used to think it was cuz it tasted so off and that offness just went to my tummy but yeh..probably not lol

*hopeful*

HSC
i get upset stomach if i have milk in d mornin so i guess thats not a big deal ay

HSC
N/A
Ok, today isn't a good day for self-restraint.

Had a blah dinner, breakfast and dinner.

Burnt my new favourite song, "Hips don't lie" onto a CD... have been playing it all morning, and subsequently dancing to it all morning too (it has this brazilian/columbian beat thingo with a short lebanese? part, SO COOL). 141 words of crap out of today's goal of 1250 completed so far.

Ugh. *hears song play on loop, and goes back to dancing*

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
aww glitter my day isn't good either. its only 2:30pm and i've eaten enough for the whole day...

Breakfast: omelette with capsicum and chicken

Breakfast 2 (at work): 2 slices Multigrain bread, slice of cheese and aphalpha sprouts

Lunch: Whole meal bread sandwich with chicken, eggplant and cheese and this ricotta cheese sweet tart thingy.

Snack: Mandarrin

I'm at my internship and i want to go hoommmmmmmmmmmeeee :'(

Excercise: planning to go extremely hard at the gym tonight! then doing a whole assignment tonight doing an all nighter! RARRRR

looks like no dinner for me tonight!

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: two slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter

Lunch: Some smoked chicken and chips from last night

Exercise: Sure, if you could dancing in my chair?

Study: 141 words of crap so far. Not good... I need 1000 done by tonight! (so I can do another 1000 tomorrow)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
today was the first time i ate white rice in like over a year.. and i thought it'd be alright since i only had a little bit.. but then, after, my head got all dizzy.. and i was like 'no! i will not fall asleep!' lol.. so then i started skipping roping and dumbelling so that the cravings wont come, and to make the dizziness go away... but then the cravings caaaamme ... for creamy food.. i wanted to like lick all the cream off my sisters leftover cake, or eat a melted choc bar or something... so then! i saved myself lol by eating a creamy tub of yoghurt, munching on some bran cereal (i read bran cereal is supposed to help make choc cravings go away).. and drinking pepsi max =|
at least now the creamy cravings are gone... but im shitted off cuz i ate heaps more than i normally would! and my tummy feels so crap from the pepsi max

lol i know i sound really weird with all my weird reactions to food but its cuz i have some kinda pre-diabetes thing (i forgot exactly what its called cuz my doctor told me ages ago, but i just know that i dont have diabetes).. which is so stupid cuz i know what foods make me feel bad but i still eat it anyway

ooh yehh... the point of all that is that white rice is evil and i will never eat it again lol

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
sob i woke up with a tummy bug and dont feel like eating anything :(

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
my tummy is all funny too... i think that yoghurt was off :eek: lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Whooo hoo! I'm back!! I did 10k's with around 800 something calories burnt!! it took me longer than normal though... 70 something minutes!

Feel a hundred times better!!

My overall rating for today is 7.5... it would be 9! but i ate a custard ricotta cheese tart thing for lunch and i had like TWO sandwiches for lunch as well lol..and im getting sort of hungry so im eating steamed chicken and bok choy ... and the chicken i had in my omellette this morning had some fatty bad sorts of oil in it.

In other news... i gained back that 0.5kg that i had lost :s... seriously this ought to teach me lesson, i can't let myself go back to the way things were in the weekend anymore. I just eat anything I want then regardless if its drenched in oil (i.e pizza, pide, chips etc) :s

Edit: Actually I didn't gain back that 0.5 that i lost.. i just didn't lose that 1.4kgs i had lost being unhealthily "good"

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hey clairegirl... just wondering do you only use the cross trainer when doing cardio? Maybe its just the impression i am getting but it would probably be a good idea to use some of the other equipment too.. work different parts of the body and so on.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey dazed,

I do skipping as well for 10 mins after cross training but i dont know how many calories or anything that burns so i don't count it + i only do 10 minutes of it each time so not sure if it counts much, but yes i do most of my cardio on a cross trainer *shame face*

I promise next time that i'll do 30 minutes on the cross trainer and then 30 minutes on treadmill in my next session! I just love the cross trainer so much because it burns off the most calories in less time (which is what my PT told me) however he also said to incorporate diff cardio equipment... i've just been ignoring his advice lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Dazed .... what degree you doing? n what subjects u doing this semester?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
skipping!! that is awesome! its meant to be excellent. Do you skip at the gym or home? Man i really need to get myself a good sports bra because i can hardly run let alone skip. ouch!

Try the bike for a change because its not all about the number of calories you burn (although for weightloss it is obviously but still variety is always good). The bike will burn similar to treadmill if you incorporate hills and what not and your legs will feel great afterwards.

But i know your feeling about the x-trainer. I love seeing how quickly the calories go up and up and up- very tempting to spend all your time on it but after 30 minutes i get bored.

I'm doing media and cultural studies. So im doing cul100, cul204 and mas203

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Yehh skipping is like the best cardio! but i usually can't last as long :\ I do ten minutes and i literally die lol

I skip at home and at the gym. I bought myself a really good skipping rope (well not really, it might just be mod...i dont really know about quality but i bought it for 35bucks?) and its excellent! it makes u want to skip! lol not like those dodgy 2 dollar ones we all used to get as a kid.

When i do it at home though, i only do a lil bit, once i sweat i stop, which is like after 5 minutes hahaha... we have a gym at home... i just don't use it, which defeats the purpose ... i prefer working out when there's lots of people around me... more motivating.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i wanna join a gym and use the cross trainer. Burning 800 calories.. wowww lol.. i wouldnt even have to watch how much i eat.
I wanna join the gym and do all those fit to box or similarish type classes. I had only been doing 'body balance' (oh yay go the calorie burn of pilates lol).. but then stopped cuz i couldn't afford it anymore... well actually i could but i just got lazy. actually i probably wouldn't cuz i get all intimidated there lol.

anyway, my day was fine but then my night was all hoorrriiibbble
after dinner, i had the worst cravings... and everything after that was just pb, choc, pb, choc... argh! then my head started to like spin and i fell asleep and woke up just now. godammit! >< must treadmill later tonight

exercise: pilates in the morning, skipped for like 10mins, errmmm... dumbelled.. and treadmilled for like 10mins lol... and will treadmill again later tonight.. hopefully when i go downstairs to the treadmill i dont go eat cake instead lol (cuz its next to the kitchen and i do that a lot)

study: jack poop once again

btw anne, it all depends on your weight and yeh, but skipping for 10mins burns around 70ish.. well for me ... cuz i have a calorie counting skipping rope thing lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
WHOA! serious!! WHERE'DE U GET THAT BURNING CALORIES skipping rope!!!!

*omg i would be so much more motivated to skip longer at home if i could see how many calories i was burning!!*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)