The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Awww glitter! I know exactly how you feel, thats how i feel about those jackets in my other thread ... there's a period of mourning but don't worry you get over it... like me :D im over it except there is still some underlying unhappiness, which can easily be rectified with new purchases as iab mentioned :D

In other news i was just about to post that i had officially gained a kilo since last week!! But to my delight, i got my period today :D:D lol (overshare?...i don't care lol) ... and i remember last time i gained like 2.5kgs in the space of a week last time i got my period so im not going to mourn over the kilo gain :D

Had my first exam today and inserted my own lil quotes like "is percieved by other employees to have a pole stuck up her butt" ... lol i wonder how well i did? hahaha

HSC
N/A
lol!

question: Considering I had three ricotta/puff pastry triangles for breakfast this morning but still feel full almost ten hours later (I haven't eaten anything other than a single timtam all day) does that indicate that something is wrong?

I'm also feeling marginally nauseous.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ooh sometimes i dont get hungry at all ... i reckon can go probably 2 days without eating (but i eat anyway cuz im a pig) ... other days, like today, i get hungry like an hour after breakfast and had like lunch at 10:30 lol

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
maybe your body just doesn't need for you to eat atm, so you don't get hungry

or you might be stressed about exams - so you lose your appetite

or maybe you are pregnant (then again if you were, you would be eating, and you would be eating strange things like gerkin ice cream)

just a thought :uhhuh:

HSC
N/A
nah, my body operates like clockwork. I'm the type of person who will feel really sick if they don't eat at least every 8 hours, lol.

In other news, mum just came home with dinner. Butter chicken and garlic naan ahoy!

I'm not full anymore :p

(actually that's a lie, because in the last five minutes I just scoffed down some butter chicken with naan, soooo good!)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today:

Breakfast: I woke up at 3:30am lol i had rice and chicken
Breakfast2: @ 8am tub of low fat yoghurt and a few bites out of a multigrain/devon sandwich (was gross)
Lunch: a few more bites of the devon gross sandwich
Lunch2: can of tuna with sliced up tomato

Dinner: 3 steamed sausages lol... was gunna leave it at that.. but my lil cuz was around and she had mashed potato and i wanted some so yeh and mashed potato

Dinner2: a few sips of cadbury fat chocolate milk and 2 raspberry licoriche things

Excercise: errm whats that? lol
study: just finished an exam.. might study a chapter for psy307

I gots work on weekend so we'll see how we go

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Three ricotta puff pastry triangles (when I even think about them, I instantly feel really full... anybody else want to try it out?)

Snack: a tim-tam

Dinner: Butter chicken curry, some garlic naan and some yellow rice. *pats tummy* ohhh soooo good... I love butter chicken curry! (I'd say I love indian food but I can't abide even the teensiest amount of chili, so yeah.. I'm a wimp when it comes to spices. Don't even like pepper... lol)

Study: Did a little for SOC289. Should probably do more seeing as the exam is tomorrow :p

Exercise: Taught for about two hours today. My boss came over and said I'd done a really good job with one of my classes! :D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
So i've decided, water is my new best friend!!!

Over the last couple of weeks since ive been sick ive only been drinking water, and in the first week it was shitloads! I'd drink about a weeks worth of my regular water intake in a day. Apart from not having an appetite the first few days, i did eat later but because i couldn't get out of the house, it was whatever i could get. Cereal, sandwiches (lots and lots), nothing and then perhaps a normal dinner. Didn't really get into the chocolate or chips as i would normally snack on majorly almost everyday.

I went on the scale today purely for curiosity and i lost 2 kilos. I realise it will only be temporary but that was unintentional, without any exercise and without starving myself or trying to be healthy (still hardly any fruit and no veggies). So it has now motivated me to try to keep drinking this much water, eat similar to how i have been these past couple of weeks and then put with exercise, maybe it will be a more permanant loss! YAY

So that was my little epiphany???? (Ok so im procrastinating, shoot me!)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I have decided after my ARTS100 exam, i am going to go jogging a few hours every single day - avoid junk food and only eat healthy and hopefully lose some kilos - i have 6 weeks i think before next semester starts so - i'll stick to this plan and see how well I do :D:D:D

mserica

HSC
Detox is over... and the first thing i had was a chocolatte... hmm heaven!!

Though exams are on now and well milo and more milo will be on the menu!

excercise plan is good and slowly getting fit! I have to tone up as my girlfriends wedding is soon and im the maid of honour so I need to get skinny for that!!!

Ill do a weigh in next week cause if i weigh now i ll be too excitied then next week ill be depressed cause always after i come off detox i loose like 6 kgs and gain about three a week later

So i will just see how i go :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Ooooh all these success stories/promise speeches is lovely! I suggest that this thread go beyond exam period! and through the holidays!!... :D and at the end of holidays we can all compare our promises to what we actually do and we'll be able to see progress too!

I plan on going extremely hard during the holidays ... to the extreme to the point where i hit the mid 60's before i start next semester lol

How? 5 meals a day, more intense work outs, no processed carbs ...all the good stuff but when i go out i'll eat what all my friends eat, but i dont plan to go out much during the holidays due to most of my days/nights being accounted for already with work and in between all that.. intensive gym sessions

Today was pretty good even though i think i ate more than necessary.

Breakfast: 4 weetbix, skim milk (3 is the norm right?)
Lunch: Bok choy and steamed chicken
Dinner1: chicken, chinese soup
Dinner2: i made myself some more bok choy and steamed chicken but im full so im not going to eat it until later

Excercise: i got restless and itchy so i ran for 10 minutes on the treadmill... I am missing being all sweaty lol

HSC
N/A
I haven't had any change other than increased interest in vegetable intake :(

However study-wise, I now start my essays at least two days before :D A number of times, it's been 3-4 days before :D This is very, very good!

The real magic ingredient for me is regular, non-dance exercise. If by some miracle I can be motivated/persuaded/bribed into using the treadmill (and we have one at home, mum even bought me new sneakers for it...!!!), then I am sure that's when the weightloss will start. Because right now my exercise level (about 8-11 hours of dance a week) hit maintenance level only - just.

Breakfast: More butter chicken and rice

Lunch: Cup of pumpkin soup (last one from Marxines, lucky me!)

Dinner: Buffet dinner at Stamford's - had some smoked salmon, some cheese on crackers, some prawns, a potato, small creme caramel, small chocolate mousse, some chips... bits and pieces of everything. Quite full now, haha

Study: Crammed for SOC289, did my SOC289 exam today (hurrah).

Exercise: Maybe tomorrow... so tired now, but I really should do some now.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
cor blimey, ive put on weight!
is it a bad thing?

are u trying to be same weightage or trying to gainage or trying to lose it?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i dont know yet clairegirl. but i feel like my gut's just gotten bigger. ive noticed it in the past couple of days.

what can i do?!?!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
I'm sensing the holidays are going to be hard for me.
I'll be living out of home by myself for 6 weeks so i wont be having proper dinners unless i eat out so my normal hardly eating proper dinners and just satisfying my hunger with lunch type food and snacks will become even more normal.
AND
this also means that now that i am finally well enough to head back to the gym it will become an effort because my membership is the cheaper one and only covers the one gym and that means ill have to drive to the place if i want to exercise which is such a pain and time consuming.

sucks to be me.
where are u going in the holidays dazed?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
i dont know yet clairegirl. but i feel like my gut's just gotten bigger. ive noticed it in the past couple of days.

what can i do?!?!
cardio cardio and more cardio

especially if its only recent... :)

best excercise though is resistance training + cardio ... no Personal trainer would recommend you do cardio alone without resistance training.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
but im being such a lazy prick lately. havnt studied just ate and ate lotsa food. its like my body has formed another gut around the gut. i didnt even think it was possible.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i've gained weight too :(
well probably not 'weight' cuz im too scared to weigh myself lol.. and it always stays at the same number even though i feel myself getting fatter :(
all i do is eat and sleep lol... i'm always so tired these days! whyy!?!? (this also results in me not studying =/ )
anyway, after my last exam, i think i should go shopping for some pregnant woman clothes

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
pregnant women clothes? calm down pb. relax.

i dont mind gaining weight on scales, but i dont like it when i look bigger physically. its not the bestest since summer is coming up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)