The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
pb said:
lol like when u gotta burp
when ur foods not digested properly and ur tummy feels all funny

cuz my tummy kept going all funny and i thought i was hungry and everytime, i just have like one bite and im stuffed... so i think maybe it was indigestion.. i dunno :S lol
you mean like being bloated?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Orange Juice said:
you mean like being bloated?
i don't know... lol .. i think so
well it probably wasn't indigestion i had.. just my tummy going all weird :S

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
have some stomach settling stuff. i used to have that stuff at sick bay all the time. it was some yellow pebbley looking stuff, but it disolved into water and fizzed it up.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
that sounds like berocca
i had a mylanta.. ewwww.. and it didn't even help =/

mserica

HSC
Yesterday
Breakfast: weetbix
Lunch: grilled chicken and salad
Dinner: gnocchi (not sure how it is spelt)
Snack: Hot chocolate and an Orange

Exercise: (today) stressing out this morning with the italian game ( but they won... what a relief)

*hopeful*

HSC
im trying 2 make an effort 2 join a gym but argh....
breakfast at about 12.30-those weetbix crunch things(caramel) and normal milk

its not even 2 hours later but im hungry again so i might eat homemade food :eek: or a meat pie ?

HSC
N/A
mserica said:
Yesterday
Breakfast: weetbix
Lunch: grilled chicken and salad
Dinner: gnocchi (not sure how it is spelt)
Snack: Hot chocolate and an Orange

Exercise: (today) stressing out this morning with the italian game ( but they won... what a relief)
oooh gnocchi! One of my favourite foods :D Also one of the reasons we have one of our dogs (situation involving me choking on a piece of gnocchi then being "sick" enough to go home, mum taking me to the pet shop to make me feel better, cute little black lab puppy in the window...)

HSC
N/A
^ lol

I've had SO much to eat today... we had a small house-warming party and mum went totally skitz over the food :D

Breakfast: 1 small ham panini (about 6cm in diameter, pretty small but I forced myself to have something before my audition)

Lunch: Another small panini

DINNER: 6 smoked salmon packages (DIVINE - smoked salmon wrapped around crushed potato/sour cream, with a green leaf thing wrapped around it and tied, so cute and YUMMY!), 2 devils on horeseback (bacon wrapped around prunes on a toothpick), some pumpkin soup with sour cream and chives garnish, a "duck cone" (peking pancake wrapped around shredded roast duck and some vegetable in a cone shape), and for main - beef wellington, dessert - chocolate mousse, lime curd tart and some gourmet cheeses :D Aside from the cheeses, my mum made all of this and more (ie the stuff I didn't eat) whoo!

*pats tummy*

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*drools* that sounds delicious, omg. those finger food style things are totally up my alley, i want to cook things like that one day, things that are really yummy and really cute, i think i'll take lessons off your mum :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Glitter that does sound divine!

Today was sort of good :S

Breakfast: bok choy and chicken + this small brownie my parents brought home from a party. :s... i spit half of it out though, even though it was nice :* and tea

Snack @ work: tea and slice of fruit loaf bread

Lunch: Bok Choy and chicken

Dinner: Totally ruined all my good work today... i had soooo much food lol.. my parents had a family thing so that meant copious amounts of food. From what i remember i had like 3 sausages :s, small potato, poor soup and some beef bbq chops and and i dunno but some other stuff.

Snack2: Had a getogether celebration thingo at a mates house (had to leave early though i have work tommorow morning at 8, which sucks because i was having fun :(, so retarded that now that exams are over, i have work which is hindering on my funness)... and i had two lollipops and some jelly baby allen lollies.

Excercise: 30 minutes on the cross trainer with about 350 calories burnt? I dunno it wasn't enough.. Im finding it really hard to get motivated to go all out and do 10k's :s like i was doing before... and im finding it harder to do excercise :s maybe i have to build up on it?? i dunno i ALWAYS get like this, it takes a while to get back up to my level that i was at before.. soo annoying.

How'de ur audition go glitter?

HSC
N/A
Singing was awful (in my opinion), nerves got to me :( I'm satisfied with my dancing, will find out whether I got in or not on wednesday.

Aside from Miss Erica who is on self-initiated no-chocolate eating and even DETOX, I think the rest of us need another motivation perk ;)

COME ON GIRLS! (and guys!) TIME TO RESET YOUR GOALS!

What have you gained (or lost? haha!) from this so far?
No change in weight :( On the bright side, even last night's feast-o-rama, I haven't put on any weight at all ;) On an even brighter side, I'm a lot more aware about healthy food choices now and have made sporadic attempts to get more green things into my diet :) Voila - improvement! even if small...

My study habits are a LOT better and I've started doing my essays about 4 days before it's due rather than just the night before :) Got 71 for a SOC289 essay... I'm so happy! Now, just to pass BBA...:S

What are your new goals?
Now that it's holidays, I will need to start cooking myself lunch etc... so, I think I will ask my fellow MQers good healthy yummy recipes that are EASY to make, and go from there :)

I also want to get myself on that bloody treadmill!!!!!!! Tell you what. If I don't go on it at all tomorrow (it's sunday and my mum is home today... I don't like going on the treadmill when she's around? lol she'll tell me I'm going at a wimpy pace or something :() then everyone has permission to send me e-kicks and "tut tuts"

I always work better when I'm under pressure :D

EDIT: This is coming a bit out of the blue but I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Did any of you girls want to learn some bellydance? :) Now that it's holidays, I'm totally cool to have a day where we meet up on campus or something, find a nice spot and learn some belly dance movements that are both enjoyable AND good for your abs :D Belly dance also comes with other benefits, such as increased sense of feminine empowerment in addition to greater core mobility and stability.

For those who do want a workout, I'm happy to share the pilates and samba (extremely simple but very high-intensity/high speed brazilian dance) that I know :)

This thread has been absolutely awesome in regards to keeping me on track so far, so this is my way of giving back and sharing what I know/have :)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I need motivation yes i do!! This is a great idea glitter!

How much have u you lost?
I lost 3.5kg!! since this thread started but somehow i've managed to gain 1.5kg back :( which is grand total net loss of 2kg since this thread started Im hoping its period weight gain, but i don't think so :( Oh well we'll see after my monthly visitor goes away. He's been here for longer than i thought!

What are your new goals?

I really want to get to my goal weight before uni starts so i can start thinking about my ideal weight but thats 7kg away :( and thats not going to happen before uni starts. So im just hoping to get into the 60's before uni starts so thats like 6kgs to lose before uni starts! I promised myself I would go hard these holidays and I will! It's just taking me a lil bit longer to get back to my previous physical level after being so inactive. New goal next exam period I will stay active despite exams!!! RARRRRR!

I'm going to the gym later tonight but after i have a nap because I just came home from work and im so tired coz of late night last night. im working 6 days next week and they're LONGGGGG hours... 12 midnight till 9am then again on the same day 7pm till 1am the next day on some days , I don't know where Im going to fit in excercise but i will!

My goal is to save at least $600 for my Mexico fund before uni starts again. It's a low number because I've got so much stuff that I have to buy! Gahh!

How am I going to do it!?

Eating GOOOOD whenever Im at home and work but im still gunna eat what my friends eat when we go out! and being as active as possible! On monday I have the day off from work but its going to be a big day because of errands and things. So im going to the gym at 6am in the morning and then again that night!

TODAY!

Breakfast: 2 Weetbix, brown sugar, skim milk
Snack@work: slice of fruit loaf bread and cheese and two cups of tea
Lunch: Steamed bok choy and tenderloin steamed chicken
Snack@home: peppermint tea with no sugar ]

Will update this tonight!

PS: Glitter i want to learn belly dancing! but i seriously don't know when im going to fit in the time :(
PPS: Oh gosh what else have I gained from this thread? Getting to know you guys, this thread has been lovely in terms of support and motivation but getting to know you guys in the process has been an added bonus! I suggest that one time we all get together sometime (after i've reached my goal weight lol) that we meet up and hang out, goto dinner or something! I'de really like to meet my lovely chicka dees and (boys) in person! I heartness MQ general regulars!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Update

Dinner: Errr why is it i tend to eat more at night? :s
It wasn't too bad though

I made myself leek soup with quail eggs and then i had steamed bok choy and chicken again.

I went to the gym. I'm slowly getting back to my previous level. 45mins cardio with 520 calories burnt.

Tommorow Im going to try for 850 calories in 75 minutes. Okay I lie... I'll go for 60 minutes and see how many calories i burn.

*hopeful*

HSC
^im already 2 healthy in the head thx, thats y im not doing any exercise :(

gigglefairy im so down 2 learn bellydancing n pilates or even samba....but that would mean showing my face........i'll do it if iambored does as well :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*hopeful* said:
^im already 2 healthy in the head thx, thats y im not doing any exercise :(

gigglefairy im so down 2 learn bellydancing n pilates or even samba....but that would mean showing my face........i'll do it if iambored does as well :p
haha me? bellydancing? i wish, i really do wish, but HAHA is all i can think, i have more chance of picking up jazz, salsa, anything, than bellydancing. if someone who is as crap as me would like to go to for fun, i'd do it, but not these holidays. ;)

clairegirl said:
PPS: Oh gosh what else have I gained from this thread? Getting to know you guys, this thread has been lovely in terms of support and motivation but getting to know you guys in the process has been an added bonus! I suggest that one time we all get together sometime (after i've reached my goal weight lol) that we meet up and hang out, goto dinner or something! I'de really like to meet my lovely chicka dees and (boys) in person! I heartness MQ general regulars!
you don't need to get to your goal weight for us <3. but the way things are organised (or not organised) in this forum means that a meet wouldn't happen for a while anyway :p

miss_gtr said:
Don't lose weight :(, its the most horrible feeling in the world.

Eating whatever you want makes you healthy ( in the head..)!
i'm not attacking you but when people are thin and everyone says to them that "you're so skinny" and "you should eat more", it does feel bad to lose a few kilos. but when there are people who aren't sticks you can't dismiss all their hard work but telling them "don't lose weight" "it's the most horrible feeling in the world" when it obviously isn't true.

HSC
N/A
breakfast: various entrees, mains and dessert from last night
Lunch: Lots of beef wellington (too much) and more dessert (lime curd tart and chocolate mousse)
Dinner: NA, because I have finally realised that I've eaten far too much than is good for me :S (ie tummy feels mrr and like it is going to EXPLODE)

study: NA
Exercise: Took the dogs to the vet? lol

The big one had to be muzzled (think lots of deep growling, hackles being raised and snapping at the vet) and held in place while she got checked over and had her shot given :( It was quite scary...

I got to restrain the little (read: medium-large) one :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)