The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh its motivating!
it wasn't just about that
it was more about fat americans in general who eat bad stuff and don't exercise
he even went to schools and looked at their food and exercise programs
i mean.. after one supersized meal, he threw up... after a few weeks, he was tired, addicted, depressed and already starting to get liver damage... and after a month gained 25lb :eek: .. in one month! how is that not motivating! lol

oh and the founder of baskin and robins died of a heart attack at 51 ... !

HSC
N/A
I also heard that the original Atkins diet died from some kidney or liver problem *nod*

In other news:

breakfast: nothing

lunch: Some pringles :(

Dinner: Butter chicken curry and rice :D

Study: None :( I SWEAR I will start tomorrow! (have to, exam's on monday!)

Exercise: Taught for about an hour and a half. Did some really yucky pilates stuff, so hopefully I will be in pain tomorrow :D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
baskin and robins?
the icecream place lol
and the other cofounder got diabetes at 49

anway, i just got back from the treadmill and i feel good =D .. burned 250cal... not 800 like i wanna but well.. im unfit! lol... buut i still feel good so im gonna go do pilates now.. or maybe skip ... or i dunno, whichever

btw anne, when u do strength stuff, what do you do exactly? cuz when i do weights, im like done after 10mins and i dunno what else to do lol.. and i wanna go for 30mins. I used to do like yoga kinda stuff but that was only once a week and im too tight to keep going anyway lol.

Edit: omg i just weighed myself and i dont feel good no more!

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I also heard that the original Atkins diet died from some kidney or liver problem *nod*

In other news:

breakfast: nothing

lunch: Some pringles :(

Dinner: Butter chicken curry and rice :D

Study: None :( I SWEAR I will start tomorrow! (have to, exam's on monday!)

Exercise: Taught for about an hour and a half. Did some really yucky pilates stuff, so hopefully I will be in pain tomorrow :D
yeah atkins is crap!!! mostly because they cut carbs out of ur diet completely and put you on a extremely high fat diet + they don't endorse eating vegetables lol. i.e eating KFC every night is aye okay lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
when i do resistance/weight training.. i use the machines at the gym?? :p the leg pully thingy, the arm thingy, etc lol

When im at home though, i use my brothers gym set... i can't do much though, his weights are too heavy.

I do squats (Well when i can be bothered, they're the hardest things! but if u want a toned ass.. go for it!, i havn't got the motivation to pay a lot of attention to it, lol )... I have a gym ball tooo and do stuff like put my toes on it and then be in a position of like a push up, that you just hold for as long as you can... theres heaps you can do with a gym ball like go on the wall and do ur squats like that

I haven't done resistance training in a while *Shame face*

and ooooh lol swear i wanna buy this back thing.. u put half your body on it and you lie on ur stomache ... so that the only thing supporting you is half your stomache and what you do is you pull your body up.. Its for getting all the jiggly bits out of ur back lol (awww my back is hurting right now, i wish i had that machine, actually that shall be my next big investment me thinkz!) Edit: not that i know that its even for sale, they only have them at the gym.. but i dont like using them there coz its out where all the big buff men go and do their heavy weights lol
---------

250 calories burnt on a treadmill is fantastic Pb! be proud!... there's no way i'de be able to do 800 calories on the treadmill :s ... 250 calories is what i do on the treadmill on GOOD day lol

As for not being fit, if you arn't now your definately on your way, i've seen your summary days, your doing fantastic!!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Bacon and egg McMuffin and a Hash Brown

Afternoon tea: Tuna and avacado sushi

Dinner: Chicken soup (more like a stew I guess) with potatoes, carrots and celery

Study: Went through L1 and L2 of BBA250 for exam on monday, want to get to L4 or L5 by tonight... then 7 more tomorrow!!! hahaha cramfest

Exercise: 2 hour flamenco class (back after a 2 week break), and some walking around in the city. Yes that's right guys and gals - Lynn went shopping today :D And spent about $600! whoooooo! I have my first Alannah Hill purchase! Will post up pics after I get through Lecture 5... *if* I get through to lecture 5... better start lecture 3 now!

My quote for the day (said by me ;)): "Spending a lot of money is like staying up late. You feel pressured to stop after the first few hours/few hundred dollars, but after that it all starts feeling like nothing"

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol good one lynnie! i approve! lol i would do the same thing if i could spare the cash lol

I gained weight :( like a kg lol but as rage against bos likes to tell me "at least its a controlled gain" lol whatever that means?? Anyway i can't dwell on it, need to do exams! Lol this thread is not a failure though, i managed to lose 3.5kg since this thread started (broke plateus and beat personal bests.... ive just somewhow managed to officially gain a kilo lol ... bringing a net total loss of 2.5 :)

My diet these past few days have probably got something to do with it...

it consisted of fried chicken and un-portioned controlled carbs

Yesterday
Breakfast: Spray cooked chicken n steamed bok choy
Lunch: multigrain sandwich with cheeze and tomato
Snacks: pear, apple, mandarins etc
Dinner: Processed fatty, bacon, cheese dominated pasta

HSC
N/A
Haha Anne don't worry, your diet and exercise regime rocks! Even though you might have a "stray" kilo here or there, in the long-term everything will be wonderful, trust me :D

In other news, I'm up to lecture 4/12 now. Anne - can you remember what the BBA250 exam was like? Im' hoping it'll be ridiculously easy and based on definitions/pure rote learning like MKTG101, but maybe that's a little too hopeful? :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey glitter, i havn't done bba250 yet :p i'll be doing it in mexico :D

but you should definately search BOS plus i think skittled's done it, he did realy well in it too i think like 2nd in hthe whole course

HSC
N/A
hahaha I've already got his study notes ;) I bought my BBA250 textbook off him :D It's barely been used because I'm a "bah, business? What is this?" person, but I have one! lol... I wonder if I can leech some smartness vibes off it? haha

Done lectures 3 and 4 now... moving onto 5 and 6 (hurrah, halfway point)

Incidentally, my fish tank is now also half full, but that is a story for another time ;) (ie after I finish... lecture 8? Not sure, I have myself running on a very strict bribery timetable here)

EDIT: OMG! Mum just bought the FIFA soundtrack (since when do they release a soundtrack for sporting events?!?!) but anyway... it's SO COOL! They have this awesome remix of my current favourite song - Hips Don't Lie - with this awesome brazilian influence!! And she's got it on the huge loudspeaker too, so now I can't concentrate... lol I just wanna dance!

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
hahaha I've already got his study notes ;) I bought my BBA250 textbook off him :D It's barely been used because I'm a "bah, business? What is this?" person, but I have one! lol... I wonder if I can leech some smartness vibes off it? haha

Done lectures 3 and 4 now... moving onto 5 and 6 (hurrah, halfway point)

Incidentally, my fish tank is now also half full, but that is a story for another time ;) (ie after I finish... lecture 8? Not sure, I have myself running on a very strict bribery timetable here)

EDIT: OMG! Mum just bought the FIFA soundtrack (since when do they release a soundtrack for sporting events?!?!) but anyway... it's SO COOL! They have this awesome remix of my current favourite song - Hips Don't Lie - with this awesome brazilian influence!! And she's got it on the huge loudspeaker too, so now I can't concentrate... lol I just wanna dance!
ur mum sounds so cool!

she's like constantly buying you awsome currys and she has stuff on loudspeaker.

My mother listens to church songs and puts it at an "acceptable volume". She also thinks that buying take-out is the devil :(

HSC
N/A
I guess I'm lucky, my mum is one of those progressive asian types :) However that doesn't stop her from being quite controlling and totally irrational at times :(. I got screamed at this morning just because it was gently pointed out to her that she has contradicted herself whilst giving an order (she's one of those mums who is "never" wrong and that it's always someone else's fault, hence the zero use of apologises in my household).

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol my mum listens to viet music. Church music does not compare!

anyway i've gained i think 1.5kg since the beginning. 1.5kg is a lotttt for me cuz im short and it really shows. it's cuz on good days i do good, but when i do bad, i feel sooo guilty that i end up eating more and more and its like megamega binge. I think thinking about how i eat makes me eat more. *siiiiiiiigh*

HSC
N/A
Whoo ok Anne, time to show you my weekend purchase! :D My beautiful new Alannah Hill "Vodka and Tears" suit! ($400, on sale)

Detail on pocket -

I like it because it's obviously a suit when put together (and I need one now for work), but they're still pretty enough to wear as separates for regular going out, or even uni (as I did today :D).

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that's so pretty :jaw: they will be gorgeous as separates or together like you said.

mserica

HSC
After detoxing, i lost alot of weight and as i said i would weigh myself a week later, well devastation hit hard!! I managed to put on four kilos!!!

Maybe its cause i literally ate about 3 blocks of chocolate, and a few lindt bars and maltesers so to sum it up approximately 2 -3 kgs of chocolate if i weighed them!

Anyways so i need motivation, so i am posting my details here!

I have started strict healthly only diet yesterday (similar to that of detox though not the extreme) basically i can eat fruit, veges salad and green tea and wholegrain bread in moderation!!

I weighed myself this morning and weighed in at 61.2kgs, (the highest ihave been in like 2.5 years!)

So next week I will updat you and I aim to be around 59.5kgs, (though ill be happy if im 60kgs!

The goals I have set are

Now= 61.2kgs

7 July = 59.5kgs

14 July = 59 kgs

21 July 58.5kgs

28 July 57.0kgs

Then by the end of August 54kgs

By the end of September 52kgs and i would like to stay at 52kgs!

Okay here it is, i will let you know how i go!

p.s for someone like me who loves and lives for chocolate, im doing well i havent had any!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Glitter what a fab buy!! you could dress it up/down turn around and swirl it all together... the top is v. pretty :)

I'de even go out on a limb and say you could wear the top with jeans :D ... lol i would! It reminds me of Reese witherspoon and legally blonde for somereason.

Erica! Those goals sound great! I'll be looking out for ur progress too! I'll be posting my progress on here during the holidays as well. I want to reach the 60's before i start uni next semester!

ONE MORE EXAM!! whooo hooo.. im celebrating by going to watch Click straight after my exam and then getting up early to goto the gym! *drooool* its been sooo long! toooo long... my back is hurting, i feel bloated and my tummy feels bigger :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
cor blimey, 2 more exams then its over. 2 more fails and thats it. so many things to be catching up on.

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
Glitter what a fab buy!! you could dress it up/down turn around and swirl it all together... the top is v. pretty :)

I'de even go out on a limb and say you could wear the top with jeans :D ... lol i would! It reminds me of Reese witherspoon and legally blonde for somereason.
Hahaha! Great minds think alike - I wore that jacket with jeans today! :D And a deep red handbag ;)

Breakfast - Hash Brown and bacon and egg McMuffin

Lunch - some cheese and a dinner roll

Dinner - Indian! :D

Study: I crammed my butt off all of yesterday and for about three hours this morning before my 9:30am exam (yes, I got up REALLY early). Brain overload!

Exercise: Hmm I think I shall do some pilates stuff tonight... or maybe work on my samba, thanks to awesome FIFA-remixed tracks :D Samba is the bomb, everybody! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)