• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah ive been screwing around in illustrator for a while randomly making stuff rofl probably should head off soon

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
at least you're doing fun stuff :)

a lecturer sent us a group email this arvo and it looks they're making us work hard for our credit points this semester *shakes head* bring back last semester

*hopeful*

HSC
clairegirl said:
i think im going to start wearing dresses to uni soon (after it gets really hot)
like polka dotty dresses or summery type ones ? cause i saw both and they looking nice.....i was thinking of doing same thing

so yeh i did exercise yesterday but then pigged out on salt&vinegar chips and a krispy kreme :( and those wafer sticks that come in a tin :( :(

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
*hopeful* said:
like polka dotty dresses or summery type ones ? cause i saw both and they looking nice.....i was thinking of doing same thing

so yeh i did exercise yesterday but then pigged out on salt&vinegar chips and a krispy kreme :( and those wafer sticks that come in a tin :( :(
<3 those wafer sticks...our boss was passing it around at work today.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*hopeful* said:

yehh both i was thinking, pattern doesn't really matter, depends on the cut and if they hide my arms a lil lol

Ooooh im gunna post a photo of pb/me/glitterfairy/asylum soon lol... does it deserve its own thread? or should i just post it in here? lol

HSC
N/A
I spent a few good hours today hunting down music and getting good chorey together for my classes (yay it's nice to be prepared?), and now I'm expecting kick-butt performances in the end of year concert from them (or else). I also have a headache for reasons I don't know why, and have found myself laughing out loud at Bourdeiu quotes in my cul207 lecture. Something obviously wrong here :p

Breakfast - smoked salmon and mashed potato
Lunch - there's a thing called lunch?
Dinner - some quiche

Study - finished off Reading #1 and have started on reading #2, started framing questions for presentation and want to finish everything tomorrow. Need to find an article tomorrow.

Exercise - taught for 2 hours today I think, then did some dancing of my own afterwards. I'm totally feeling the "damn... I had muscles there?" vibe this week :p

Claire - if you don't like your arms, you could always invest in one of those incredibly cute little lace/muslin jackets that are in this season! I'm thinking of getting one myself... Portmans has some lovely ones, stick away from big lace patterns/unfitted sleeves though (unless they're short sleeved jackets).

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
today while i was eating dinner my mum goes 'since u started work you've gotten fatter'... i was like thats great! =/ lol
but its true. i do no exercise now. i have no time! and the other girl at work is a baddd influence. she shoved fried food in my face, makes a sad face and goes "i like to share my food" lol.

i need time to exercise =|

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
Ooooh im gunna post a photo of pb/me/glitterfairy/asylum soon lol... does it deserve its own thread? or should i just post it in here? lol
haha depends on the purpose of the thread - because we're seriously lacking in your procrastination threads atm, the forum is missing them, we need more :D

i need to watch myself.. i was on msn talking to a friend who changed her display pic. i commented on the display pic to her and another friend also talking to her - and i kept almost calling it an av.. i know one of them uses forums! where else could i have heard the word avatar if i'm not a forum user? eek

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I use the word "avatar" all the time on msn actually (when referring to "display pictures"). Why use two words when you can use one? :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
today while i was eating dinner my mum goes 'since u started work you've gotten fatter'... i was like thats great! =/ lol
but its true. i do no exercise now. i have no time! and the other girl at work is a baddd influence. she shoved fried food in my face, makes a sad face and goes "i like to share my food" lol.

i need time to exercise =|
hahahaha pb i swear you crack me up with your stories, your friend at work "i like to share my food" hahaha your mum sounds like a typical asian mum lol dont' worry about her.... do you think your getting fatter? If you are it just means you have to organise your time better. Use work as an advantage to losing weight, i know you get tired after it, so do i, so have some tea after work and go to bed but that means you have to excercise/eat before it. Or you could listen to awsome inspirational music, have a lil protein, then go hard at the gym/excercise etc. :)

Glitterfairy- muslim tops, im not hundred per cent sure but i think.. i tried one on at portmans and it was $100 :\ lol where else can you get them?? i don't want to spend a $100 on something so flimsy! lol twas cooll though

iab n hopeful- lol im gunna make a thread lol :D:D it'll be up sometime today, during my i cna't be fucked listening to anymore lectures.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I'm sure you can get those cute little jackets from anywhere - check out SES stores, op shops etc (so really, anywhere! lol).

Another alternative I love to wear over say, singlet tops, is the 3/4 or elbow-length tie-up cardigan - the one that ends just below the bust or at waist level. You can get these in heaps of places in a light knit or thin lycra/stretch lace :) They're my best friends for spring/autumn, when you want to wear your pretty summer stuff but with an extra layer on so you don't get cold :)

EDIT: Anyone got opinions on this shoe?

I'm giving serious thought to buying it on friday... (when it comes out in stores :p)

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh u can get them bolero style tying things at cheapy stores like ses and whatever

hmmm g.fairy the design of the shoe is nice but im not a big fan of wedges :eek:

hahah yeh i dont say avater unless im on here, it'll ruin my 'cool msn display pic' image lol :p

HSC
N/A
I hated wedges with a passion and would refuse even just to try them on, until I bought a pair last year.

I don't like all wedges, but sometimes ones like these really appeal to me... plus they are just SO comfortable! And this one only has a 5cm heel! yay! I'm a bit over the whole 7-8cm thing... I swear my feet haven't been too good after wearing 7cm tall flamenco heels, really need to save up lots of money to buy a new/lower pair :(

hmm, new page, here's another piccy of the shoe for those wondering what I'm going on about :p

Oh and guys, I finished my cul207 presentation assignment today :) (all ready for tomorrow?)

Got the essay due next week, an arts200 presentation (easy easy) the week after, and CUL202 assessment due the same week as arts200...

*hopeful*

HSC
i got a pair from when they were in like 3/4 years ago, comfy yes, kinda tacky yes

but thats just me.....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
EDIT: Anyone got opinions on this shoe?

I'm giving serious thought to buying it on friday... (when it comes out in stores :p)
I saw you post the shoe in another thread and was going to say something but never got around to it.
I'm also not a big fan of wedges in general but I like the wedge heel on those. Love the front, love the colours. They might look funny with the 2 ankle straps like you said, but at the same time I think that's what makes them unique. Overall, yeah I like them. 4 stars :D

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
glitterfairy said:
i cant pinpoint it out something looks strange about it :confused:
how much are these?
im not a big fan of wedges either some look rather cute tho these ones i think they would look better without the strap at the top

HSC
N/A
they're $129.

I totally agree, the double strap thing is incredibly weird but I'm hoping that the white is strong enough to make your eye go to that... and hopefully the bronze strap will blend in with my own skin? We'll see when I try them on. I don't want to buy them if the double strap thing looks stupid :(

In other news, my shoulders are KILLING ME. I did a lot of exercises yesterday to increase their flexibility, and since it hit 6pm and the weather started cooling down, they are aching :'(

In other other news, Seduce has a nice pair of heels advertised in this month's InStyle magazine. If I can find an image I will... they're a bit chunkier than the pair pictured above (oh, and they're a regular heel as well :)) though.

EDIT: This is a bit random, but is anyone here experienced at making fairy wings? :confused:

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
lol not me....u can buy them from those $2 stores, but yeh obviously there heaps nicer if u make them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)