• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

mserica

HSC
Ive got 5kgs to go... otherwise ill be a major fatty when i go to Dubai and Europe in a few months!!!

*hopeful*

HSC
i put on weight over the course of the last year :( :( :(

cant be bothered exercising though lol

mserica

HSC
who is tony ? and whats his diet.... Anne - should i be trying this one out..

on another note - omg i love easter eggs!!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey babe yeh u shud, it's really awsome, i've lost 2.2kgs and i've been on the diet 4 days, without any excercise (i would probably weigh less too if i didnt' have my period) but anyway.

Tony ferguson is good for those people who arn't really into excercise. I love my excercise but lately all i do is sit on my ass at work and then sit on my ass 2.5 hours in total on the train everyday to get to/from work, which is really exhausting. I know that sounds weird but sitting down all day really is tiring ...... all i can do when i get home is park myself in front of the tv and have dinner :s

Once things start easing up though, I'm going to continue swimming. Oh yeah everyone, i've stopped going to the gym and all i do now is laps at the pool. I find swimming just more relaxing and I actually look forward to swimming. I never looked forward to the gym.

anyway... www.tonyferguson.com for those who want to find out

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
clairegirl said:
hey babe yeh u shud, it's really awsome, i've lost 2.2kgs and i've been on the diet 4 days, without any excercise (i would probably weigh less too if i didnt' have my period) but anyway.

Tony ferguson is good for those people who arn't really into excercise. I love my excercise but lately all i do is sit on my ass at work and then sit on my ass 2.5 hours in total on the train everyday to get to/from work, which is really exhausting. I know that sounds weird but sitting down all day really is tiring ...... all i can do when i get home is park myself in front of the tv and have dinner :s

Once things start easing up though, I'm going to continue swimming. Oh yeah everyone, i've stopped going to the gym and all i do now is laps at the pool. I find swimming just more relaxing and I actually look forward to swimming. I never looked forward to the gym.

anyway... www.tonyferguson.com for those who want to find out
Holy crap, you're good.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Holy crap, you're good.
haha thanx

I just went into the weightloss clinic and i lost 2.7kgs in 5 days coz i started on saturday :)

and i lost 2cm on my waist :)

I love this diet... i feel like swimming but i can't coz i have my period

This diet is awsome :)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
clairegirl said:
haha thanx

I just went into the weightloss clinic and i lost 2.7kgs in 5 days coz i started on saturday :)

and i lost 2cm on my waist :)

I love this diet... i feel like swimming but i can't coz i have my period

This diet is awsome :)
That's awesome :) I eat way... way too much... it's likely related to my incredible lack of sleep (stupid chronic insomnia) because when you're bored and doing nothing, like you do when you don't sleep for no reason, you tend to get hungry. At least when I play tetris, I forget to eat haha

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've found just making sure I eat properly has helped heaps, not snacking after dinner and then having something to eat while I'm working on essays is a major plus.

Jess007

HSC
wats wrong with losing weight? maybe fat people should be put under stress...i like the idea..

HSC
N/A
juLnHi said:
i eat like nothing now :(
when i feel hungry i eat like a tiny portion and i'm feeling full for a v. long time.
look wat stress does .. makes me lose weight .. lol
oh wells, at least i sleep better now ..
Sounds like your metabolism has slowed down. You can kick-start it again by eating small meals, and then exercising :)

I don't really exercise much anymore aside from dance class, but I really should. I'm getting better at portion control and regular meals now, although they tend to be at funny hours (eg lunch is usually 11-11:30am, or my stomach throws a tantrum...)

hannahxxx

HSC
To stay healthy I brought a gym membership at MQ sport and rec centre. The next step is actually going, but these things take time

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It's not past the lake, it's the other way on the grass near W and X. The big building that you can see diagonally to your left if you stand on the grass next to the library. Lol maybe someone else can give a better description.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I have a gymn membership, but haven't actually been in ages. I better start using it, as i've been stuffing my face with easter eggs for the last month :)

hannahxxx

HSC
juLnHi said:
lol .. where this is gym anyways? i never walked past the lake (only that one time to see an emu lol) or e6a (unless to go to macq centre)
You have to go down the library steps, towards the carpark, then when you've passed that follow the road out of the uni. The gym's along that road on your left.There's like a statue of kids playing sport in front of it. Worth a look see it's quite nice

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I have a gymn membership, but haven't actually been in ages. I better start using it, as i've been stuffing my face with easter eggs for the last month :)

how much do you pay monthly/annually?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
ive lost 5kgs since ive started eating healthy 6 weeks ago. No excercise as of yet, but i may increase it to increase/maintain weight loss rate.

mserica

HSC
Thats such great news - Well Done Anne!!

Im on track at the moment, i have only lost 3 kgs, but 5 more to go... in 9 weeks so hopefully it will happen!!

Congrats again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)