The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

Kegs

HSC
Yes, I do recommed the felafel and non-coke affiliated beverage. Do not eat the chicken. Perhaps I just got a bad one, but I did not enjoy it and it has been enough to stop me eating them, and seriously, I used to love them (like everytime I came to sydney, I would have a kebab, donut and wendy's, 3 things not in my home town)

HSC
N/A
The funniest thing just happened, AND I just made myself work out for about five minutes... winnar.

So I was doing ankle exercises with my theraband (this piece of elastic used in resistance exercises), and evidently I was working really hard because the damn thing totally split in half lol!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sleeping patterns, immensely screwed up (thank you 3 major works)

Eating habits, healthy(-ier).

Exercise, walking around campus cos of annoying construction

HSC
N/A
I had a Arancini from Marxines the other day.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I had the Beef Ragu one although apparently the chicken and mushroom one is the best. Basically, it's this risotto rice thing with the meat inside... and it's divine. And very filling. And for $4.50, it rocks!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ooo yum i like risottos
all i've bought from uni these days are coffee, V and ham and cheese thingies at the sandwich place in the food court. one lil thin slice of ham not so good... i wanna try something yummy

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
I had a Arancini from Marxines the other day.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I had the Beef Ragu one although apparently the chicken and mushroom one is the best. Basically, it's this risotto rice thing with the meat inside... and it's divine. And very filling. And for $4.50, it rocks!
Is this in the food court???!!

HSC
N/A
yes - Marxines is the one right on the end towards E7B. Good god, they sell some good food. And amazingly, it's one of the cheapest places to buy food on campus too (most people probably steer away because it's a "cafe").

I have been craving arancini's all weekend. Gah. Can't wait to get to uni tomorrow!

ALLLICE

HSC
The baguettes at Marxines are good too. I had a really good sweet chilli chicken/ salad one.. I forget the price though. I feel better if I eat someting like that rather than going for the hot chips all the time.

Oh! and the place where they make the toasted sandwiches is good too :) ... they're still a tad bit expensive though

ALLLICE

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I have been craving arancini's all weekend. Gah. Can't wait to get to uni tomorrow!
I tried a chicken and mushroom one today. They're yum :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the line at marxines has been too long every time i have wanted to buy something from there! damn coffee addicts.

HSC
N/A
ALLLICE said:
I tried a chicken and mushroom one today. They're yum :)
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

I went there at about 11am, and NO ARANCINI'S IN SIGHT. No quiches either :'( I could have cried!

So, when did they arrive?!?!?! :burn:

ALLLICE

HSC
glitterfairy said:
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

I went there at about 11am, and NO ARANCINI'S IN SIGHT. No quiches either :'( I could have cried!

lol...poor you! I got mine around 1pm

EDIT: they had heaps of quiches too

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

They arrive later in the day. With the combination of that and the line, so far I have bought 0 food from marxines.

HSC
N/A
ohhhhhh Lynn was mad today.

Lynn is currently broke and has not been paid yet. However, Lynn is in possession of a $20 SAM voucher ("Redeemable at any SAM food outlet, including SAM Spot, SAM Shop and SAM Bar") and decided to use that to try and buy 4 arancini's today.

cashier: "Um, I'm sorry but I've never seen one of these before, and we haven't been briefed on it *girl confers with manager, who blissfully ignores the "valid at all SAM food outlets" bit* so sorry, you can't use it here"

Gah. Lynn went to SAM Central to try and get it sorted out. Two phone calls later (the lady at SAM central was REALLY nice, I could tell at least one of the people she called up was very aggressive/defensive/all the things people shouldn't be) she says she's going to email the head of the food court, and hopefully by the end of the week the SAM food staff will be briefed on the voucher.

And then maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to use my voucher to buy food.

Gah. Freakin' SAM. And freakin' stuck-up Marxines manager. I don't like him at all. Not just because of this - he ruined one of my quiches once because he was being stupid with the paper bag, and it fell on the floor. They gave me another one, but not once did he say sorry or even tell me they'd replace it... zero communication. Zero customer service... ok so that's a bit much to ask for, but what about basic human decency?

I stood in the "long" queue at Marxines today, just to avoid being served by him.

HSC
N/A
$20 voucher, no change.

4 x $5 = $20 ;) And I like to get my money's worth! (I was going to save them as lunch for the rest of the week)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
poor lynn ;_; you making me wanna try those ..too
is the manager the one thats always looks pissed? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)