The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Bah. I don't trust "scales" of overweight/healthy, there's just too much variation they don't consider :(

I guess it doesn't matter what scale you use though, so long as you can clock your progress and have a specific goal to work towards, it's good :)

3 big sushi rolls in one go is big for me :/ Normally 2 fill me up for a few hours... and I just ate the fourth one lol

hahaha go the 4th sushi roll :p ... its all good, you haven't eaten any meals all day woman :s proper ones anyway lol what are u doing eating a packet of crisps!

you know a packet of crisps is quivalent to about 400 calories.. its a mixture of bad carbs and oil.. which makes u crave more carbs .... i.e doesn't make you full..

HSC
N/A
*shrug*

it was either that or cereal, and I didn't feel like eating anything cold :p lol!

Today's fooding was not very good :( I seem set on a path of screwing up my metabolism.

Breakfast: Real Fruit Smoothie and bacon and egg mcmuffin from maccas. (TOO MUCH FOOD IN ONE SITTING)
Lunch: skipped, I still felt full
4pm - started feeling hungry. ONLY SEVEN HOURS SINCE MY LAST MEAL. *dies*
4:50pm - got home, had some roast chicken and potatoes.

Study: none. Oh, and John Leche is an IDIOT of a lecturer. He's getting a scathing evaluation report from me at the end of the semester!!!!

Exercise: will do some stuff later :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
one sushi roll usually fills me up pretty good but i usually eat 2/3 of 2 lol cuz i don't like eating the end.
today i ate:

breakfast: yoghurt
lunch: small tub of fattening creamy salad
snack: about 4 vita weats
dinner: rice and stuff

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
one sushi roll usually fills me up pretty good but i usually eat 2/3 of 2 lol cuz i don't like eating the end.
today i ate:

breakfast: yoghurt
lunch: small tub of fattening creamy salad
snack: about 4 vita weats
dinner: rice and stuff
Go PB! :D i like seeing healthy dailys :p because mine was so crap, even worse than lynnie's today.

Breakfast: half a shake of optifast, i didn't want to drink all of it because optifast shakes are not good for you and they contain a lot of unncessary calories and carbs. ohh and a piece of devon and cheese.

Lunch: home made burito and two tacos lol soooo full and i went to sleep straight after it :S lol

Dinner: icecream gaytime and a coffee

Excercise: 5 hours on the floor count? my legs hurt :(

Study: none but I am going to make a start on my assignment

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
5 hours on the floor counts! it's more than i do in my 30min jogs which are now non-existent.
lol my healthy days are becoming rare. i was starving on the way to uni yesterday so i bought an organic oat slice in an attempt to be healthy andi read the nutrition info after and .... =O it was 430 calories! and i came home later and ate some spam lol. i woke up bigger but im hoping its water weight cuz of the fact that spam and the oat slice are processed and therefore contain too much sodium lol.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
5 hours on the floor counts! it's more than i do in my 30min jogs which are now non-existent.
lol my healthy days are becoming rare. i was starving on the way to uni yesterday so i bought an organic oat slice in an attempt to be healthy andi read the nutrition info after and .... =O it was 430 calories! and i came home later and ate some spam lol. i woke up bigger but im hoping its water weight cuz of the fact that spam and the oat slice are processed and therefore contain too much sodium lol.

Breakfast: chicken and some vegies
Breakfast: 2 weetbix, sugar and skim milk
Snack: ice-cream, kiwi fruit
Lunch: OMG soooo much... had hot chips, creamy pasta salad and chicken and 2 bread rolls ......... grrr lol

excercise: none
study: none yet

HSC
N/A
I just watched a news article that theorises lack of sleep --> obesity (chemical imbalances, lack of sleep decreases "hunger repressing" thingo, and increases "hunger" mindswitch). Boooo ok so I'm going to try and sleep properly again (sleeping patterns screwed up royally this week, eating patterns screwed too? hmm)

Breakfast: (9am) ham and cheese sandwich and cup of diluted fruit juice (I sat down at the table and everything to eat this... felt so strange but so nice for someone who normally eats on the go like myself)
Lunch: (3pm) Cheeseburger + small fries from maccas (was rushing to work from physio...)
Dinner: Chicken pasta + tiramisu

Study: If I get a chance tonight will look at CUL202, not expecting to have time or energy though
Exercise: Physio, dance teaching for 2 hours (gah, NAUGHTY CLASS made Miss Lynn have to YELL grrr), and photoshoot this morning where we did some hoppy things and Lynn had to get into weird and muscle-challenging positions (did some more "straight" portraiture this time around, will show you guys after we do cropping/culling this sunday). I'm so exhausted I fell on the couch and slept as soon as I get home... now to help mum cook, then...then... maybe sleep!!

Oh in other news I bumped into a fellow MQer at the sports physio :D they're prob not a BOSer, but I just thought it was amusing (we both had stuffed up ankles! lol)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
julie! do muay thai with me ... or something lol.
my brother did it and gained weight but probably muscle... but his friend lost 11kg ... =0! in a month!
i'm gaining weight too :( ... actually no im not. i will remain the same til forever :(
i want to go treadmilling right now but there's stiiiilll food in my tummy and im sleepy :(

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
YOGA MAT!!! *jealous* I'm dying to get one of those. They make these cute coloured ones in this sports store in Hornsby Westfield... thinking of buying it...

8 hours of sleep is quite good though. :) I reckon 7 hours a weeknight is livable, anything under than that though is overkill :/

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i sleep less than 7 hours cuz even though i go to bed kinda early, i lay there listening to music for hours just cuz i can't turn it off lol

ooh you can get a yoga mat from priceline for $12 lol. mine was $12 anyway. yay for priceline it has everything! lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Bacon and Egg Muffin (home cooked)
Lunch: Medium Quarter Pounder meal (was hungry as all hell, was in labs from 10-4pm without light/food)
Dinner: Woke up too late, so had to make do with a salami sandwich while I html'ed from 8-now

Exercise: Mouse movements and typing count?

HSC
N/A
yay just came back from flamenco class and have survived!

on down side, I woke up this morning and almost couldn't stand up straight, poor muscles from yesterday must have cramped up during the night... the cold weather today hasn't helped either. so now lynny is all cold and sore and boohoo etc etc :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
yay just came back from flamenco class and have survived!

on down side, I woke up this morning and almost couldn't stand up straight, poor muscles from yesterday must have cramped up during the night... the cold weather today hasn't helped either. so now lynny is all cold and sore and boohoo etc etc :p
Yay! Good luck for tomorrow (is it?) hope you do well :)

HSC
N/A
yup, tis tomorrow :)

All in all, not dancing too bad considering I haven't touched flamenco in about a month (overseas, then injured). It was funny though. The teacher is calling out the names of various steps and I'm like "wha? That sounds new, isn't it a little late to teach us new combos before the exam tomorrow?" lol

And mum says she'll drive me to and from flamenco tomorrow so I don't have to get home via public transport at 8:30pm anymore, yay!

juLnHi - oh you get cake for dinner? Me jealous! I hope it's yummy cake!

Mm, and I'll have to look into the rubber stuff. My lower back sticks out a bit (lordosis) so whenever I'm doing floorwork my lower spine HURTS because it's digging into the floor muchly, even on carpet or tarquet. Naturally, I've never seriously considered getting a foam mat thing until now, even though I've been whinging for years :p you know how it goes! :D

oh and overpriced sushi sucks. I hate the places that give you a liiiiiittle bit of filling, but heaps of rice. grr!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
juLnHi said:
pb: yes i need some muscles ... need to hurt greg more with my punches. hmm i wonder what sort cake we r having tonight ..
yehyehyeh let's do muay thai! we will have muslces and you can punch the crap outta greg lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Breakfast: hahaha..got to bed at 6
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: KFC

Conclusion: Wooooo at unhealthiness

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
YOGA MAT!!! *jealous* I'm dying to get one of those. They make these cute coloured ones in this sports store in Hornsby Westfield... thinking of buying it...

8 hours of sleep is quite good though. :) I reckon 7 hours a weeknight is livable, anything under than that though is overkill :/
I've got a spare unused one.

Exactly the same as this (same colour): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNISEX-ADULT...goryZ310QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm finding this thread quite interesting. Mainly due to the consistancy and effort to post and remember what you have eaten daily but then I read what you people eat breakfast/brunch/lunch/snacks/dinner/more snacks, I question the title of the thread.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I question a lot of things, most of the time I just give up trying to find the answer. Lesson: Mike is lazy.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
I lost height! not weight, height! bloody oath lol. i didn't think that would happen til i'm at least 60. i am now under 5ft. how sad.

anyhooz, i stepped on one of those body fat percentage measuring scales today and i'm catergorised under 'fitness' so i'm satisfied cuz i really thought i was gonna be under 'obese' or something... well ermm 'satisfied' but i still wanna lose 3kg and like inches of gut fat lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)