• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
I agree - Marissa and Ryan are beginning to annoy me. I'm constantly waiting for them to break up, their whole relationship seems to involve walking on eggshells.
Exactly:(.

Althea said:
Anyways, for me the only characters I truly enjoy watching are Seth (Ah! Who couldn't? :)), Summer, Anna (I love her clothing style), Sandy and Kirsten... their much more interesting than Marissa/Ryan.
You do realise that you just mentioned every character except for Marissa and Ryan don't you:p?

Althea said:
Marissa is too 'My life is horrible - pity me!' Ah, shake out of it - look where Ryan has come from!
Yeah, but is it just me or does everyone on The O.C. seem to be depressed:confused:?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Yay for Seth and Anna... at least he has finally chosen.
I think that was only for the night. He just wanted someone to hang out with on New Years Eve:).

RiCe_GrOwEr said:
You just have that feeling that Summer's gonna chase after Seth again..........
Of course Summer is going to chase after him. Did you hear what she said at the end of the last last episode:)?

welshi said:
bet he's a stalker and natalie doesn't exist.
Yeah, that is what I am thinking as well (and everyone else as far as I can tell):).

eLmo said:
no doubt thats why he goes to a psychiatrist .. he's definitely got a creepy vibe
Yeah, he is definitely weird. I don't think he is crazy, just an alcoholic like he said. Although he may be a stalker and that could be why the cops come to get him next episode. I doubt it though, he is probably just causing other troubles:).

iambored said:
don't put in spoilers!
Exactly, why do people post spoilers? I will reiterate what I said a few posts ago, if people wanted to know spoilers they could look them up for themselves! If you really fee the need to post spoilers start another thread or something. It has happened a few times now:mad:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Who thought that Marissa was going to kiss Oliver? I did, seeing as though everything that can go wrong seems to go wrong on this show. So that was definitely a surprise when Ryan made it to the party in time:D.

Marissa was looking her best in last nights episode too:uhhuh:. Summer is also getting prettier, she is probably level with Marissa now, while Anna is dropping:). Kirsten's sister was also very pretty, although she looked prettier at certain times more than others:). This just adds to my statement that every person on this show is good looking:uhhuh:.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Merethrond said:
Who thought that Marissa was going to kiss Oliver? I did, seeing as though everything that can go wrong seems to go wrong on this show. So that was definitely a surprise when Ryan made it to the party in time:D.
Yeh I thought Ryan might make it in time to see them kissing .. but no.. and they had to dramatise the situation by putting it in slow motion :rolleyes:

Merethrond said:
Kirsten's sister was also very pretty, although she looked prettier at certain times more than others:)
I thought her character was annoying.. I seriously hope she doesn't stick around.. or I hope that she'll change at least..

how u doin?

HSC
Orange Juice said:
i came to the conlusion that, oliver isnt his real name... cuz anna was like "wha" and she was interupted before she could say something about the guy...
i noticed that to. my bet is that it wasn't his party.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Oliver is his real name.

He's just disturbed and makes up stuff because he wants Marissa real bad.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
steph@nie said:
:D They had Alkaline Trio in OC last night!!! yay!!
Really? I have heard a couple of their songs and have liked them but don't have any of their albums. What was the name of this song:)?

Fry

eLmo said:
Yeh I thought Ryan might make it in time to see them kissing .. but no.. and they had to dramatise the situation by putting it in slow motion :rolleyes:

I thought her character was annoying.. I seriously hope she doesn't stick around.. or I hope that she'll change at least..
if Ryan didn't make it in time then she would've kissed him. he should be angry at her, not making out with her!!

yeah, Hailey is soooo friggin' annoying and the sad thing is, she's going to be in next week's ep (i saw it in the tv guide). i find it very hard to believe that she's Kirsten's sister. she looks more like her daughter and could easily pass as Seth's older sis.

Yay for Seth and Anna!!! it was so sweet how she showed up at his door cos she only wanted to be with him on NYE. although i feel bad for Summer now. can't he have them both? oh, and it's finally good to see Summer in the opening credits.

not everyone in the show is depressed, it's just Marissa and Ryan. Marissa's life is slowly deteriorating and Ryan is always depressed. these two get way too much screen time and it's getting on my nerves because they are not strong enough to carry the show. just after they got pulled over by the cops, i thought Ryan would erupt and start yelling at Marissa, instead he just resorted to non-verbal means. typical. :rolleyes: Channel 10 emphasises how much 'drama' the show has, but it seems to me that the show is lacking it.

i think Oliver used to be on Dawson's Creek cos he looks familiar, and he is more credible as a bad boy than Ryan will ever be. he looks very young and geeky though.

the Russel Crowe reference was very funny:

Marissa: I don't know. Russell Crowe, he just doesn't do anything for me. I mean people say he's good looking but I don't see it.

for those who don't know, this is an inside joke as Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan) has often been compared to Russell Crowe. i've seen the pics and it's uncanny.

Althea

Fry said:
oh, and it's finally good to see Summer in the opening credits.
Yeah, I also noticed that. (And the theme song, I think, went for longer. Yay!).
But shouldn't they also have opening credits for Anna? And for those of you who know what happens with her character, [NO SPOLIERS PLEASE!].

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Merethrond said:
Really? I have heard a couple of their songs and have liked them but don't have any of their albums. What was the name of this song:)?
it was "We've had Enough". Not one of their better songs, but it was still AT.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
yeah, Hailey is soooo friggin' annoying and the sad thing is, she's going to be in next week's ep (i saw it in the tv guide).
No more annoying than Marissa and Ryan these days:(.

Fry said:
i find it very hard to believe that she's Kirsten's sister. she looks more like her daughter and could easily pass as Seth's older sis.
The ages on this show are so out. Ryan is closer to Kirsten's age than sixteen:rolleyes:.

Fry said:
not everyone in the show is depressed, it's just Marissa and Ryan. Marissa's life is slowly deteriorating and Ryan is always depressed.
Oliver, Seth, Anna, Summer, Sandy and Kirsten are all depressed in their own way I think:).

Fry said:
the Russel Crowe reference was very funny:

Marissa: I don't know. Russell Crowe, he just doesn't do anything for me. I mean people say he's good looking but I don't see it.

for those who don't know, this is an inside joke as Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan) has often been compared to Russell Crowe. i've seen the pics and it's uncanny.
I picked that up too. So Marissa was ripping Ryan off? I wasn't sure:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
But shouldn't they also have opening credits for Anna? And for those of you who know what happens with her character, [NO SPOLIERS PLEASE!].
Obviously she is not going to be a main character in the future:).

steph@nie said:
it was "We've had Enough". Not one of their better songs, but it was still AT.

Is The O.C. on this Monday again, or only Tuesday:)?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Only tuesday. but we can live in hope they will play it twice a week.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
steph@nie said:
Only tuesday. but we can live in hope they will play it twice a week.
:(. So was there any particular reason why they played two episodes last week:confused:?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
maybe to finish the series quicker? I'm not sure.. there's still a fair few eps left.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
steph@nie said:
maybe to finish the series quicker? I'm not sure.. there's still a fair few eps left.
Yeah, there are still heaps of episodes left:D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)