• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Oh, I almost forgot, what is the big deal about Bright Eyes? I don't see what people see in him. Also, what was Seth calling Summer's new boyfriend at the beginning of the episode? Was it "big":confused:? What does "big" mean:p?

Finally, and I mentioned this before, how different/strange do all the characters look in the photograph they show at the end of each episode:p.

Cicciolina

HSC
I hate Oliver - understandably - but I've heard some people say that he's the hottest on the show (though a complete loony but anyway) and I just don't see it.

'Big' as in really obvious, Adam Sandler type humour I'm guessing? Whereas Seth Cohen's is a much more 'blink and you miss' type humour - more subtle and not so.... much action.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Cicciolina said:
I hate Oliver - understandably - but I've heard some people say that he's the hottest on the show (though a complete loony but anyway) and I just don't see it.

'Big' as in really obvious, Adam Sandler type humour I'm guessing? Whereas Seth Cohen's is a much more 'blink and you miss' type humour - more subtle and not so.... much action.
i hate oliver too, the sneaky bastard! haha...

where is he from.. he used to be in other shows.. ive seen him b4

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cicciolina said:
Ah, thanks:).

Agnes2810 said:
Someone mentioned that they thought he was on Dawson's Creek previously:).

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Yeh i remember seeing Danny on other shows too... but until the OC he was just a background character i think..

Oh, and yeh i hate Oliver too, but i like his hair.. his hair seems quite nifty!!
Luke now officially rocks too... he offered to bring down the "Great Gatsby" on Oliver, so he deserves "mad props" for such a deed! He's the coolest character on the show apart from Seth in my opinion.

Oh, and my weekly observation was that i saw an African-American for once in "Newport" , haha yet as per usual - he was just another kid in "detention" with Ryan.
LOL.. what trash!!

Isnt it also funny that you never really see Asian people (except Dr Kim), Indians or any other nationality for that matter?
Thats my only gripe about the OC, apart from that - its still watchable.

But if i ever see like a non-white-american character in a good role (as in detention-free, not living in "Chino" or selling drugs to my man Oliver) i will go to the toilet and taste the bitter sweet water of Irony...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
i hate oliver too, the sneaky bastard! haha...

.. His name is Taylor Handley.. he's guest starred on Dawsons Creek, CSI, Frasier, Becker, Touched by an Angel, NYPD Blue, Odd Man Out and Sons of Thunder... and had minor roles on Phantom of the Megaplex and Jack Frost.

..and I don't hate him :p (except his eyebrows)

Atotoi said:
Luke now officially rocks too... he offered to bring down the "Great Gatsby" on Oliver, so he deserves "mad props" for such a deed! He's the coolest character on the show apart from Seth in my opinion.
..I know ..Luke has turned into such a likeable character now :D

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Merethrond said:
Oh, I almost forgot, what is the big deal about Bright Eyes? I don't see what people see in him. Also, what was Seth calling Summer's new boyfriend at the beginning of the episode? Was it "big":confused:? What does "big" mean:p?

Finally, and I mentioned this before, how different/strange do all the characters look in the photograph they show at the end of each episode:p.
Bright Eyes is great. Connor Oberst is great in my opinion, but thats just me. I know a lot of people don't like his stuff because they find it strange. Its an acquired taste.

I guess its the same as people saying, I don't get why he/she likes Britney.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Atotoi said:
Oh, and yeh i hate Oliver too, but i like his hair.. his hair seems quite nifty!!
Yeah, Luke is cool, even if his character is a bit unrealistic. Although, maybe it isn't, I don't know how I would react to what he has been through:).

Atotoi said:
Oh, and my weekly observation was that i saw an African-American for once in "Newport" , haha yet as per usual - he was just another kid in "detention" with Ryan.
LOL.. what trash!!

Isnt it also funny that you never really see Asian people (except Dr Kim), Indians or any other nationality for that matter?

But if i ever see like a non-white-american character in a good role (as in detention-free, not living in "Chino" or selling drugs to my man Oliver) i will go to the toilet and taste the bitter sweet water of Irony...
Haha, I will be sure to keep my eye out:D.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
steph@nie said:
Bright Eyes is great. Connor Oberst is great in my opinion, but thats just me. I know a lot of people don't like his stuff because they find it strange. Its an acquired taste.

I guess its the same as people saying, I don't get why he/she likes Britney.
He is not strange in so much as he is crap:p. He is just another singer/songwriter but he can't sing very well:p. Maybe it is an acquired taste though, I have heard a few other people say that. Maybe I need to listen to him more:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cicciolina said:
Hmm, I have given your explanation some more thought, and it doesn't really make sense because Seth said that Danny was "big" before he came to Seth's house and the when he came to Seth's house he told him he should be "big", but he already thought he was big:confused:. I don't get it:rolleyes:.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Ok, thats confusing. Maybe Seth said to be mre big, but his intentions were that if he was overly big, or too hyper or something, Summer would get rid of him and then come crawling back to Seth, or something like that because the tone of Seth's voice when he said that was schemming like...

or not, either way

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Atotoi said:
Yeh i remember seeing Danny on other shows too... but until the OC he was just a background character i think..

LOL.. what trash!!

maybe newport's just one of those places that is very anglo. my town is like that, there are practically no asians and only a fraction of the population isn't white. would you rather they chucked in som token-non-caucasians to keep the PC brigade off their backs? it's not a racist thing, i'm sure it's just the way newport really is. it is a real suburb, you know.

and i love most of bright eyes' stuff. the first one i heard was bowl of oranges, so i got a shock when i downloaded poetic retelling of an unfortunate seduction... (the former is very bouncy and cute, whereas the latter is very atonal and angsty) but i am in love with conor, all that passion gives me shivers. listen to lover i don't have to love, and try and hate him. :)

and yes music ur right, seth was trying to get danny to turn it up so summer would dump him. :uhhuh: who's going to try and convince me now that seth would be happier with anna? :p

yes, luke is cool. wish i didn't know what happens after next week. grr. *mentally defenestrates spoilerisers.*

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
music dr said:
Ok, thats confusing. Maybe Seth said to be mre big, but his intentions were that if he was overly big, or too hyper or something, Summer would get rid of him and then come crawling back to Seth, or something like that because the tone of Seth's voice when he said that was schemming like...

or not, either way
I thought that was what Sumer liked about him though, he was "big":confused:? So, you think Seth just pushed him over the edge. Oh, cunning:D!

welshi

HSC
Merethrond said:
I thought that was what Sumer liked about him though, he was "big":confused:? So, you think Seth just pushed him over the edge. Oh, cunning:D!
he's a bright boy, our seth. *sigh*

i think maybe she was partly going out with him to make seth jealous...think about it, she was always telling one how funny the other was...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
welshi said:
maybe newport's just one of those places that is very anglo. my town is like that, there are practically no asians and only a fraction of the population isn't white. would you rather they chucked in som token-non-caucasians to keep the PC brigade off their backs? it's not a racist thing, i'm sure it's just the way newport really is. it is a real suburb, you know.
That is the same as my suburb. Just about everyone is white:).

welshi said:
and i love most of bright eyes' stuff. the first one i heard was bowl of oranges, so i got a shock when i downloaded poetic retelling of an unfortunate seduction... (the former is very bouncy and cute, whereas the latter is very atonal and angsty) but i am in love with conor, all that passion gives me shivers. listen to lover i don't have to love, and try and hate him. :)
OK, I will download that song next. So far I have "A Perfect Sonnet", "A Song To Pass The Time" and "If Winter Ends". "If Winter Ends" is probably my favourite at the moment, followed by "A Song To Pass The Time":).

welshi said:
and yes music ur right, seth was trying to get danny to turn it up so summer would dump him. :uhhuh: who's going to try and convince me now that seth would be happier with anna? :p
Not me. Summer is the best:D!

welshi said:
yes, luke is cool. wish i didn't know what happens after next week. grr. *mentally defenestrates spoilerisers.*
You mean that Luke sleeps with Marissa's mum? That was on next weeks preview:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
welshi said:
he's a bright boy, our seth. *sigh*

i think maybe she was partly going out with him to make seth jealous...think about it, she was always telling one how funny the other was...
Well she clearly likes Seth more than Danny, poor Summer:(. She probably deserves it though:p.

welshi

HSC
i ain't saying anything about next week cos i know exactly what happens. garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

have to say i still rate death cab over bright eyes any day of the week. got the latest rolling stone yesterday and ben gibbard is participating in the vote for change scheme (ie. anti- bush rock concerts like our rock against howard thing.) respect.

am addicted to movie script ending.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
welshi said:
i ain't saying anything about next week cos i know exactly what happens. garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
OK, I just thought you were talking about that and I was just going to say that it is not a spoiler:). Actually, I don't really like previews, they kind of spoil the episode. I would rather just watch the episode not knowing anything:).

welshi said:
have to say i still rate death cab over bright eyes any day of the week. got the latest rolling stone yesterday and ben gibbard is participating in the vote for change scheme (ie. anti- bush rock concerts like our rock against howard thing.) respect.

am addicted to movie script ending.
Yeah, you can't beat Death Cab For Cutie for Emo type music:D.

welshi

HSC
best lyrics:

"and when i see you
i really see you upside down
but my brain knows better
it picks you up and turns you round"

LOVE!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
welshi said:
best lyrics:

"and when i see you
i really see you upside down
but my brain knows better
it picks you up and turns you round"

LOVE!
Yeah, those lyrics are really clever:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)