The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
I just watched the replay of the Australia v Liechtenstein game. We won, but it was very unconvincing indeed. I bet that all you guys who whinged about our performance against Holland now feel pretty stupid. In hindsight, the performance in that game was awesome. Hopefully Guus can fix up some of the remaining problems before the Japan game. We will be up for that one.
I think you mean the Netherlands.

^___^
HSC
politik said:
They didnt have the squad to do it in 2002 and they made the final. And lets not forget that home sides always have Fifa and Referees on their side.
but back in 02, germany had the fittest squad, while a lot of the other teams were suffering with injuries and fatigue...

not every team got used to the humid asian weather..so fitness of the german team was a huge factor as to why they did so well

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hope everyone has their fantasy squads sorted out!

bring on the tinkering :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
matt#1 said:
lol! he really is a crackpot if that is his only problem with Pires. What if he coached Brazil and Ronaldinho was a scorpio. Would he leave him out of his squad? Surely not. That can't be the only reason why he left Pires out. Its just not logical. Then again...either is instead including Boumsong and making Barthez first choice keeper over Coupet.:rofl:
If you coached Brazil you could probably afford to leave Ronaldinho out and not have it affect your chances too much.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
matt#1 said:
lol! he really is a crackpot if that is his only problem with Pires. What if he coached Brazil and Ronaldinho was a scorpio. Would he leave him out of his squad? Surely not. That can't be the only reason why he left Pires out. Its just not logical. Then again...either is instead including Boumsong and making Barthez first choice keeper over Coupet.:rofl:
The Sun-Herald World Cup 2006 guide to the World Cup 2006 does a review of every team, and this is what it says in part of the French team review:

Coach: Raymond Domenech. Age 54. After the blood and thunder of former soldier Aime Jacquet, France are governed by a keen astrologer Domenech. A quizzical French public has tended to mock Domenech for his love of the stars and the disdain reached new levels when he claimed he had an aversion to people born under the Scorpio sign, such as Robert Pires, for example. The French have a word for it, though bonkers will probably suffice. However, a place in celestial bliss awaits if the bristly Domenech can pull it off.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
I think you mean the Netherlands.
Yes, I did. Thankyou for providing such an insightful and informative post. I'm sure that no-one in here would have figured out that I was talking about the game against the Netherlands when I used the word Holland. ^o)

johnny_87

HSC
The smart money is on Ronaldo for the golden boot politik. I've got $3 on him at $11 (as well as $1 each on RVN at $19 and Torres at $34). :)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
im really disappointed that the cup is in germany, im gonna hate waking up at 2am for nearly 90% of the games! Korea/japan was gold most games were 9pm onwards it was fantastic. Stupid germans and that damn Kiwi who gifted them the cup due to the vote fiasco. just a silly rant, i hate the fact that im gonna have to get up early i need my sleep!...South Africa 2010 cant wait!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
im really disappointed that the cup is in germany, im gonna hate waking up at 2am for nearly 90% of the games! Korea/japan was gold most games were 9pm onwards it was fantastic. Stupid germans and that damn Kiwi who gifted them the cup due to the vote fiasco. just a silly rant, i hate the fact that im gonna have to get up early i need my sleep!...South Africa 2010 cant wait!
Get your priorities sorted out mate. What is more important..sleep, study or football? Football > sleep > study. At least i have my priorities sorted out.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
Dude, sorry to break it to you, but south africa and germany are in the same time zone.

HSC
acmilan said:
Dude, sorry to break it to you, but south africa and germany are in the same time zone.

baaahahahhahahahaaa. haha.

damn aye

johnny_87

HSC
One of the best value bets of the cup is C Ronaldo to be Portugal's top-scorer at $6.50 with betandwin.com. He averages a goal every 2 games for Portugal I think.

Meanwhile, I won't be watching tonight's games. Anatomy theory 3 hr exam at 9:00 tomorrow morning! Evil!

Ah well, lucky they made DVD recorders and VCRs!

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
copious said:
hope everyone has their fantasy squads sorted out!

bring on the tinkering :D
Having invested a solid hour or two on my line-up last night, I must say, I'm pumped.

bazookajoe said:
Which site are we doing it on?
http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/

Code to join this league: 7218-14038

acmilan said:
Haha, :uhhuh: so true.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Yes, I did. Thankyou for providing such an insightful and informative post. I'm sure that no-one in here would have figured out that I was talking about the game against the Netherlands when I used the word Holland. ^o)
The point was not for the benefit of others. It was to prevent you from making the same mistake again.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
cant stop changing my squad ... do u think messi will start for argentina?

gk: lehmann
d: marquez
d: puyol
d: beauchamp
d: terry
m: c.ronaldo
m: ronaldinho
m: schweinsteiger
m: fabregas
f: messi
f: henry
f: larsson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)