The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Congrats Germany! As much as I hate him, Lehmann is a super penalty keeper!!!

Also...how bad was the sportsman ship shown by Argentina at the end of the game. I'm glad that they lost and have subsequently lost all respect for them.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Pekerman now will now get slaughtered by the fact that he brought Riquelme off and didn't put Messi on. To be honest I didn't quite understand why he didn't do so either. Perhaps he thought the game was already in the bag...? But surely a coach of his experience wouldn't make such an amateur mistake.

Germany have really played some marvellous football in this tournament. It's just sad that Argentina have to leave since they've played the most attractive brand of football of any team. Germany now looks very good for the title, it would take somethin to beat this side.
I've tried to guess what Pacman was trying to achieve with Cruz, and I came up with absolutely nothing. If you're playing on the counter and need mobile players, you'd put on Messi/Saviola. If you need a target-man, you're better off leaving Crespo there to do the donkey-work. I'm not blaming the player though.

In all honesty, the most attractive football in this comp. has been played by Ghana. Bring back Ghana. :(

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing England in tomorrow night's World Cup quarter-final look to be fading after he missed Portugal's final training session before the match against England. Fuck.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
In all honesty, the most attractive football in this comp. has been played by Ghana. Bring back Ghana. :(
Ghana have flair, but not the overall quality of the Argies. The passing game played by em at times are just breath-taking. Oh well.

Why the hell are they puttin on the Aussie game again, haven't we had enough of it?

7th Sign

HSC
germany game second half was gooooood...first half was shitttttt.....germany dominates pentalys BITCHHHHHHHH....lol at the punch on after the game!!! wtf was that over lols...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Italy has now scored 7 goals, each with a different player, ironically Toni has yet to score

mecurial

HSC
The Italians are taking care of business. Early goal giving them the cushion, midfield moving the ball well and finding space, Cannavaro and Co. organised as usual, and, maybe, just maybe, the enigmatic Totti is beginning to once again find touch. Not sure if Toni is the right option up front by himself.

Can't see the Ukraine getting one here. Except for one or two possessions their ball movement has been deplorable. Their true standard has been exposed. Maybe if the ball falls in a lucky position around the area to Sheva...? Two substitutions already used, now three or four of their top XI out, plus they have played 120 minutes last round. A 2nd for the Azzurri very likely later on ala v Ghana & Czech Republic.

PS The refereeing on both fixtures (so far) has been excellent. Lubos Michel did an excellent job.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well Toni certainly showed me. Italy vs Germany. They met this year, 4-1 to Italy. I suspect this time round it'll be a lot tighter game.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
tonights bets
france/brazil halftime fulltime double?
hows that?
will go for england to beat portugal 2-1

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Argh, even though Portugal are the team I'm supporting in the World Cup now .. I wanted Argentina to beat Germany. Good job, P'man. I hear that Messi is looking to rescind his Argentinian citizenship .. he wants to play for Australia! :santa: <--- He told me so.

Didn't watch the second match, but the highlights showed that Ukraine had enough decent chances to score three goals themselves. Oh well.

Go Portugal! Down with England .. and may we kick their ass in the Ashes this year to really shove it down their throats. I think they'll be a much better side the day Stevie from the Borough takes over.

And Brazil to win as well.

dilroy

HSC
Now that the Scandal Lands are versing Germany, there is no way that they can cheat. It's the host country so the match is going ot be very even, I hope the Scandal Lands will get their arses whipped!! Justice must be served!!
They should just go home and practice their "attempting suicide by diving out of the window routine" :lol: Juventus Boss :lol:

Italy "We cheat, we lie, we steal"

HSC
i don't really care for germany (not only because they beat argentina), but i hope they beat the italians. melodramatic cheating motherfuckers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)