The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
matt#1 said:
I'm pretty hyped up for this after TWO whole days off from watching the World Cup... I'm sure many of you guys feel the same :).
Yeha, withdrawal symptoms and all. :lol:

mecurial

HSC
Well we have Tevez....now...where is Messi?

I think that Germany will press forward early, Argentina try and slow the game down with niggling tactics. This game depends on whether Germany can break the likes of Heinze at the back.
Over 1.5 goals for me tonight in this one.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Good start by Germany. They certainly do no look like they are going to be dominated despite not really playing any quality teams during the tournament so far..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Klose!!!!!!! For some reason I have been willing on Germany since that Argentina goal. I was strictly neutral before the match started.

How good has Klose been during the tournament? Surely he should be playing for a bigger club than Bayer Leverkusen?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Klose!!!!!!! For some reason I have been willing on Germany since that Argentina goal. I was strictly neutral before the match started.

How good has Klose been during the tournament? Surely he should be playing for a bigger club than Bayer Leverkusen?
Hm, he plays for Werder Bremen.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
germany better win this - ive got about $100 of potential winnings on the line over this gayme.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
Bloody hell Pacman. He had Saviola and Messi, and sends on Julio Cruz. If this comes back to bite them I'll be very sour.
hahaha..Pacman. I'm not sure why I found that so funny. But I did.:) Anyway...

As for briniging on Cruz:confused: ...Peckerman needs to be shot. Surely Messi would be the perfect gamebreaker at this stage of the game? In my opinion he should be partnering Messi and Crespo from the start. Messi is waaay too good to just be left sitting on the bench for a whole match. The manager of just about any other side would jump at the chance of being able to play such a gifted player. But Cruz?!!??!?

0-0 after 90 minutes. To extra time it is....

Go Germany!

p.s- I am going to look pretty stupid if Cruz comes up and scores the winner.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Rodriguez didn't seem to dive, then again I'm not complaining, go Germany!

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
matt#1 said:
hahaha..Pacman. I'm not sure why I found that so funny. But I did.:) Anyway...

As for briniging on Cruz:confused: ...Peckerman needs to be shot. Surely Messi would be the perfect gamebreaker at this stage of the game? In my opinion he should be partnering Messi and Crespo from the start. Messi is waaay too good to just be left sitting on the bench for a whole match. The manager of just about any other side would jump at the chance of being able to play such a gifted player. But Cruz?!!??!?

p.s- I am going to look pretty stupid if Cruz comes up and scores the winner.
I too don't see the logic behind the Cruz switch. To leave Messi out is criminal, especially in the QF of the WC, where you're playing on the counter no less. I'm still fuming.

.ps. That sounds like a good deal to me. :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Hm, he plays for Werder Bremen.
Oops...where did I get Bayer Leverkusen from? I got the 2 mixed up somehow. Anyway, at least I wasn't too far out...they are both clubs from the Bundesliga:) .
In any case, I stand by the point that I was trying to make: shouldn't Miroslav Klose be playing for a bigger club? I expect that there will be quite a bit of demand for him after the World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)