The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow, a pretty impressive first half from both teams, it could potentially still be anyone's game, but I'm leaning more towards a Swiss win. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im actually wondering about what would happen if toga didnt show up? swiss would win, but by how many goals? is that fair? etc etc.

also, i have a bad feeling that togo can equalise if they keep countering like theyve been doing thus far

*Minka*

HSC
Am reading the news at the moment, and shit, the Kranjčar's are getting completely slaughtered by the Croatian press. It is mercyless this morning on them - they are being made into complete scapegoats.

And my Dad needs to come online and sort this stuff out now because I feel like going down the street and getting one of thise delicious peices of slice this bakery here has.

mecurial

HSC
Great first half to this match, finally the African sides are beginning to play to their ability. Switzerland are dominating possession, with crisp ball movement, creating pressure and therefore chances. Togo are well into this one, Kader and Salifou breaking forward and running at defenders, and, beating them. Imo Adebayor needs to now show that he can play at the top level.

I don't wish to offend those who have $$ riding on this result, but from the neutral perspective it'd be good to see if Togo can piece individual moments of brilliance together to create a goal. If Switzerland can hold their bottle they will go on their merry ways, but if the tough tackling and hard running continues from 90 minutes from the Togolese they may turn this one over.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuck the Swiss better not fuck me up, I betted 2-0 and 3-0 on em so they better score another soon and not concede. All their stuff ups in the first half gave me big headaches.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
mecurial said:
I don't wish to offend those who have $$ riding on this result, but from the neutral perspective it'd be good to see if Togo can piece individual moments of brilliance together to create a goal. If Switzerland can hold their bottle they will go on their merry ways, but if the tough tackling and hard running continues from 90 minutes from the Togolese they may turn this one over.
It's never the same watchin a game when you have money ridin on a result. To be honest I don't really like watchin the games I bet on, cause it takes the enjoyment of the contest away.

*Minka*

HSC
Yeah I am boring, I never have $$$ on the outcome!

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
i love it way more when i have $ on the outcome
Yeah but then you focus more on the money than watchin a good game of football. That's why I usually don't bet on games involvin the team I support.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i dont bet on the team i support, unless its for them to win.
otherwise, say for the swiss game vs togo right now, i couldnt care less who won (although i guess itd be cool for togo to win), but with money on it i really get into the game.
i remember the swedish game where i got up and started jumping after they scored their late goal, as i had quite a bit on them

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah I know what you mean, like just then when the Swiss scored got me the money, but then fo 40mins I was pissed off mostly, which ain't very good.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i also dont usually bet much. i thought the odds were good for the match ($1.40) thus bet $20 (my highest thus far, i think). usually i bet a few bucks on the underdogs if i think they have a chance. its just that extra something to make you cheer for them

mecurial

HSC
Congratulations on your winning bet, Stazi.

Personally I can't really enjoy games that I have bet on compared to games when I haven't. While I can empathise with the jubiliation of winning (i.e. Ecuador's 92nd minute 3rd goal when I bet Over 2.5 goals - wooooo!!) I become too tense when things aren't going right.

Too bad Togo couldn't go on with it, huh. On and off field disorganisation proved too difficult to overcome for them. In future, African teams have to be coached by Africans. The teams often seem to fail to respond to eastern European coaching methods.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I love feeling tense though. I'm not that huge a football fan, and this makes the games more interesting.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
mecurial said:
Congratulations on your winning bet, Stazi.

Personally I can't really enjoy games that I have bet on compared to games when I haven't. While I can empathise with the jubiliation of winning (i.e. Ecuador's 92nd minute 3rd goal when I bet Over 2.5 goals - wooooo!!) I become too tense when things aren't going right.

Too bad Togo couldn't go on with it, huh. On and off field disorganisation proved too difficult to overcome for them. In future, African teams have to be coached by Africans. The teams often seem to fail to respond to eastern European coaching methods.
Dude my bet paid better than his :p

Togo had their chances in the game, but somehow it just didn't quite happen fo em. To bet on things such as scoreline I get even more pissed off when things aren't goin the way I want it to.

mecurial

HSC
1-0 Ukraine!

That's what you get trying to take on Sheva one on one.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I really hate betting, im gonna stop now that ive bet the $100. I find betting involves putting money on teams i dont support, sometimes hate, but probably will win their games. This results in me having to hope they win, when i'd much rather cheer for teams less likely to win in some cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)