The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Man Ukraine are fricking lousy. But damn good performance from Spain. Time to buy Ramos to replace Marquez, highly doubtful that Spain will be conceding more goals in this weak group.

HSC
Fuck yeah! :) Torres is superawesome

Shame for Ukraine though, they had 3/4 of their team playing defence, quite poorly.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Spain vs UAE should be a good one to watch while having a few drinks.

Very relieved to buy Torres yesterday. I have a feeling his stock is going to go through the roof after today, Villa too.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
This group is looking weaker by the minute...one of Ukraine, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia will make the nxt round while a quality team like Cote d'Ivoire will probly miss out.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Benny_ said:
Spain vs UAE should be a good one to watch while having a few drinks.

Very relieved to buy Torres yesterday. I have a feeling his stock is going to go through the roof after today, Villa too.
Don't go out of your way to make plans for those drinks, better wait for UAE to qualify first. :)

'buy Torres' .... what exactly does that mean Benny ?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Paragon said:
Don't go out of your way to make plans for those drinks, better wait for UAE to qualify first. :)

'buy Torres' .... what exactly does that mean Benny ?
I think for his fantasy team.

Damn... for a moment there I thought we'd got him for Man Utd :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yep for fantasy team :p

You're a United fan dhj? Very disappointing that a man of fine tastes in film would choose so poorly in football clubs :p

For some reason I got Saudi Arabia mixed up with UAE.. must have something to do with the 3 hours sleep I got last night. Damn Brazil and their slow starts.

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
that penalty and red card was a horrible decision. refs in my division wouldnt blow like that.

i thought villa was a bit meh, a deflected goal and a poorly taken penalty. he had one open play chance and fucked it up. nothing like he was hyped up to be. senna on the other hand was top class. real impressive.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Benny_ said:

You're a United fan dhj? Very disappointing that a man of fine tastes in film would choose so poorly in football clubs :p
pfft that is harsh. what exactly makes us so hated anyway? I never got that.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Benny_ said:

_dhj_ said:
I think for his fantasy team.

Damn... for a moment there I thought we'd got him for Man Utd :(
*Exhale*

I eventually figured out the Fantasy bit. Seeing as you're a Liverpudian, you can imagine my immediate distress when you throw around words like 'buy' and 'Torres' so loosely.:eek:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Has everyone been staying up last few days? The timing of the exams are a real bummer eh?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
that penalty and red card was a horrible decision. refs in my division wouldnt blow like that.

i thought villa was a bit meh, a deflected goal and a poorly taken penalty. he had one open play chance and fucked it up. nothing like he was hyped up to be. senna on the other hand was top class. real impressive.
some of the offside calls by the linesman in the 1st half was pretty bad too

but yeh spain has been most impressive, prolly the best ive seen besides the czechs. wonder how tunisians and the saudis will go against them.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Paragon said:
For their sake, I hope they didn't see any of the Spanish match before their own opener. :bomb:
Why not? They'd love to have a crack at a Ukraine down on confidence, I suspect.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
:( my first bet i got incorrect in the whole cup, i think. stupid spain :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)