The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
In theory the swans could be in the top four if they win next round. The top 8 is just that close

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i think our percentage is saving us...only geelong and hawthorn have better percentage points.

adders

HSC
Minai said:
I hate to draw on history, but you only have to look at last year and see that Adelaide were in fact 13-2 after Round 15 with a % of 170.

Just pray the injury curse doesn't strike :p .. or Nick Davis doesn't pop up near the end of a tight final against maybe Sydney ;)
Well we arent adelaide are we? Secondly we have plenty of depth with our VFL side dominating aswell, and i highly doubt we will have to play the swans in a final

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
adders said:
Well we arent adelaide are we? Secondly we have plenty of depth with our VFL side dominating aswell, and i highly doubt we will have to play the swans in a final
well in all honesty Geelong have an even worse history then Adelaide come the second half of the season. They are a very good side atm but like what happens every year, the top side often falls apart this time around

adders

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
well in all honesty Geelong have an even worse history then Adelaide come the second half of the season. They are a very good side atm but like what happens every year, the top side often falls apart this time around
Who do u think can beat the cats this season? We have a fairly tough run home but i cant see any side beating us. I hate to blow the lid off so early but i really believe that on the last saturday of september the cats will have won their last 20 games. I honestly cant see a weakness in the team at all, they thumped the bulldogs last night and kept them to 63 points without matty scarlett.

They just look unbeatable and i pray they can remain that way come the end of the season

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
looks like another enthralling contest between west coast and sydney.
good to see cousins back on his feet playing footy.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha. yet another epic chapter to this story,

they're tied after a half. :| haha. GO THE SWANNIES.

ahhh crap west coast winning by 36?

:( looks like they're gonna break the tradition...

BACK TO THE ASIAN CUP.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Cousins' back indeed. Shame we've lost when we were so close :(

SyCoTiC

HSC
If Brissie continues to get on a roll, I think we'll be seeing Browny winning the Coleman with his current form.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hope the swans smash richmond by 100+ points.
West coast finally gaining some top form after a mini slump

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
stazi said:
I wonder if Geelong can be stopped.
its more of an issue if they run out of gas. That will be Geelongs biggest problem, otherwise they look the goods

SyCoTiC

HSC
Cats are playing very direct. Shut down the corridor and force them out onto the wings will be probably the best way to slow down Geelong's quick counters and plays because at the moment, they have the confidence to back themselves in one on one contests so it will take a collective effort from a very good team to stop the Cats.

I think because they have so much class around the ground, teams will need to shut down Mooney up forward as well as Chapman and Johnson. In the backs, teams will need to be looking to reduce the rebounding power of Corey, Enright, Tenace and Scarlett. They have a very settled line up and a midfield that can most definitely win the ball. Any team hoping to win will need to go into the game with hard bodies and attempting to win the clearances because that will be where it's won.

adders

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Cats are playing very direct. Shut down the corridor and force them out onto the wings will be probably the best way to slow down Geelong's quick counters and plays because at the moment, they have the confidence to back themselves in one on one contests so it will take a collective effort from a very good team to stop the Cats.

I think because they have so much class around the ground, teams will need to shut down Mooney up forward as well as Chapman and Johnson. In the backs, teams will need to be looking to reduce the rebounding power of Corey, Enright, Tenace and Scarlett. They have a very settled line up and a midfield that can most definitely win the ball. Any team hoping to win will need to go into the game with hard bodies and attempting to win the clearances because that will be where it's won.
personally i reckon the cats will win every game this season to finish the season with 20 wins in a row. Every time they have won 12 in a row they have won the flag.

The current team has no visible weakness, every player backs himself and in turn confidence is sky high, there are no passengers in this team - every individual makes a solid contribution, the lack of injuries have also aided our cause.

Geelong FTW

btw this saturday's clash should be interesting, especially how the tigers react to their mauling back in round 6 by 157 points

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
tigers to get thumped by 100+ points...again

SyCoTiC

HSC
I don't think they have a weakness either but I don't think they're unbeatable. It's a rarity these days to see teams with such dominance through til the last Saturday in September. We'll just have to see.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
I don't think they have a weakness either but I don't think they're unbeatable. It's a rarity these days to see teams with such dominance through til the last Saturday in September. We'll just have to see.
qft

Also since Pagan has been sacked there is talk that Carlton is also going to get rid of Lance Whitnal and Brendan Fevola aswell.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Carlton needs a complete makeover.

Their forward structure is a one man band ie. Fevola.

Their backline lacks stability with Pagan reshuffling that lineup continuously. A top-tier team will stick to their guns and allow their defenders time to gel and a good defence is one that looks out for each other rather than completely focusing on their own man. I'm sick of seeing Carlton players assuming that their partner in defence has their man and no longer contests the ball only to have it marked by an opposition forward resulting in a goal.

Their midfield also genuinely lacks any pace despite plenty of talent in there which is disappointing. Nick Stevens was their only genuine form of pace and class however he's not a hard in-and-under player and plays more of a sweeping role.

IMO, Carlton lack hunger and that is heavily hindering how they play at the ball. Bring in a bunch of fresh kids who are raring to get a gig, make each individual accountable and ensure the players that none are a certain starter the following week and you will see almost certain progress in the Blues camp.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)